Hotel San Anselmo
Hotel Navona(Rome)
$201
$156
1,219 results
All reviewsaventine hillcircus maximustestaccio areabeautiful hotelcirco massimoorange treesjacuzzi bathfour poster bedminute walka quiet residential areaour honeymoonlovely boutiquelounge areacentral romepastriesboutique hotelcold meats
Reviewed January 9, 2014

I loved the location of this hotel, off the tourist track in the residential Aventine Hill section of the city, away from the tourist traffic, but still just a short walk from Circus Maximus and the Colosseum.

The Hotel is about a 10 minute walk from the metro, but I recommend a taxi to/from the airport because dragging luggage up the hill would have been a hassle. For sightseeing though, the location is not a problem, about a 20 minute walk to the back of the Colosseum. It was well worth the walk to have a quiet place to come back to in the evenings.

We were greeted with cold drinks and invited to afternoon tea in the breakfast area where they had tea, cakes, and board games. They were more than happy to honor our last minute request for a room with a bathtub, and were very helpful with arranging taxis, etc.

The room was very romantic and had a big bathtub and a heated towel rack. the only minor gripe was that it was either too hot or too cold, we could never seem to get the thermostat to cooporate.

Breakfast was adequate, but nothing special...eggs, bacon, yogurt, pastries, juice, cereal. I was very irritated when one morning, as we were planning our day over breakfast, one of the staff came and asked us to finish up because they needed the table. I get that it's a small hotel, but I don't think we should've been hurried out just because another guest arrived late and was antsy. This really left a bad impression on me.

Overall though, a nice, romantic hotel with excellent service outside of breakfast.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank PoconoPolly
FamigliaPiroli, Direttore at Hotel San Anselmo, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your wonderful review about our charming and romantic hotel San Anselmo!
I’m so happy to know your vacation was very pleasant and especially that you loved the perfect location and the afternoon service, which is always a moment to get in touch with guests. Indeed we work very hard every day to pamper our guests that the reason because I’m so sorry to know you were annoyed by the attitude of the staff at the breakfast room, and I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience occurred. I assure you I will take immediate action to correct this unfriendly behaviour.
We really hope to welcome you again in our hotel San Anselmo!

Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 3 nights and was very impressed with this hotel. Maybe a little far away from attractions but we did not mind walking. Since we arrived staff was very attentive and always friendly. Absolutely love the feel and theme of the hotel and the rooms. Will definitely stay again when in rome.

• Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank Micholes
FamigliaPiroli, Direttore at Hotel San Anselmo, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

Dear Micholes,
thank you for your nice description of our hotel! We are very glad that we exceeded your expectations! San Anselmo hotel, located on the top of the Aventine Hill, is very charming and, as you noted, each room has a different and characteristic theme.
We are looking forward to pamper you again in our hotel!

Reviewed December 31, 2013

This was our fourth trip to Rome and the first time I used Tripadvisor to find a hotel in Rome. We drove from Frascati and had some difficulty finding the hotel because the GPS kept taking us in the wrong direction. The hotel is located in a quiet residential area where there are several monasteries. The hotel is beautifully decorated. All the rooms have a name and are decorated differently. Our room was on the second floor facing the small plaza in front of the hotel. The bed was very comfortable and turndown service was provided every day. The turndown service included tiding up the bathroom and changing the used towels. Slipers were provided. The decoration in the breakfast room was unique and beautiful. The breakfast room has large windows looking out into the garden. We did not have breakfast in the garden because the weather was a little chilly in the morning. The attention was very good and the food selection was excellent. They even provided us with an earlier breakfast the day we had to leave for the airport. The staff at the service desk was professional and cordial. Mr. Vincenzo was very helpful to us when we had to rebook our flight and extend our stay at the hotel. We loved the hotel and the fact that it is so quiet but the location at the top of the Aventine Hill meant that we did a great deal of walking uphill at the end of the day. Even though the metro stop is a 10 minute walk from the hotel, we ended up walking everywhere instead of taking the metro. I would strongly recommend this hotel to those travelers who do not mind doing a great deal of walking.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Luzmarina
FamigliaPiroli, Direttore at Hotel San Anselmo, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Dear guest,
it is so rewarding for us to read your nice words about the San Anselmo hotel! It really seems that your search for a hotel with Tripadvisor has been a success! We are very pleased to know that our roman villa and our service perfectly met your expectations! All our staff is always attentive and helpful with the guests’ requests and does all the best to please and pamper you all! Like you, we also suggest that the perfect way to visit and discover Rome is walking!
Waiting for your next visit in our “hidden gem” we wish you a Happy New Year!

Reviewed December 31, 2013

I stayed here during December 2013. The hotel is located in a quite, tranquil area of Rome. From Fiumicino airport I took train to Ostiense train station. I wanted to check out the locality so decided to walk it. It took me about 18 minutes to get to the hotel.
On arrival at the hotel, I was warmly greeted by the receptionist and offered a juice drink by a member of the staff. Make sure ask for the wifi code as you will need a separate one for each device.
The same member of staff guided me to my room and helped with single hand luggage I had with me.
The room was a good size and elegantly decorated in a traditional way. The bathroom was also a good size with quality fittings. There was also a message shower and jacuzzi.
There was a flat screen tv in the room but choice of English language channels was limited.
The room was double glazed and therefore very quite and I slept well.
In the morning I went down for breakfast which is located on the ground floor. The room as with the rest the hotel was beautifully decorated. The buffet breakfast was excellent, everything you would expect. I tried the scrambled egg which was cooked perfectly.
All the staff were very pleasant and helpful throughout my stay.
Overall I was satisfied with my experience of the hotel.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
FamigliaPiroli, Direttore at Hotel San Anselmo, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Dear Nashi,

thank you so much for thinking about us once back home! We are very pleased to learn you had a nice and positive stay with us in San Anselmo hotel! Moreover it is rewarding to know you appreciated so much the elegant room you had and the rich breakfast service in the morning!

We hope you could come back soon for another stay in our “boutique hotel”!

Reviewed December 29, 2013

We stayed here for a week this December and everything was marvelous. We had the Romeo and Juliet room with a balcony, which was awesome! My now fiancé proposed to be on the balcony and it was absolutely perfect! Great little place to stay and it's not too far walking distance from anything as long as you got your walking shoes on! They had wifi, and an american plug in the bathroom. They have a continental breakfast but you do have to pay for it (which we didn't know at first..whoops!). Our room was tidied up every time we left so we tipped a few euros each day for their diligent work. Also there is a heated towel rack in the bathroom which I've never seen before and was nice! :) You should stay here!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kyliesue91

Dear guest,
we are so happy to know that you have found in our hotel San Anselmo the perfect and exclusive location for the marriage proposal. The room Romeo and Juliet is so romantic and cozy with the small balcony overlooking the piazza which makes it so special for this kind of occasion! We are surprised you mentioned you had to pay for the breakfast because it is included as well as the room service. As a matter of fact, if you check your bill you will notice that there is no charge for the breakfast.
We wish a fantastic New Year and we can’t wait to have you again as our special guest for your next special occasion!