Hotel San Anselmo
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Bar/Lounge
1,219 results
All reviewsaventine hillcircus maximustestaccio areabeautiful hotelcirco massimoorange treesjacuzzi bathfour poster bedminute walka quiet residential areaour honeymoonlovely boutiquelounge areacentral romepastriesboutique hotelcold meats
Reviewed February 5, 2012

I found this hotel whilst reviewing an old copy of the Sunday Times travel supplement, which identified it as one of 50 Top Hotels to stay in Europe.
The setting was particularly tranquil, situated as it is in the Aventine area of the city, and offered a pleasant alternative if you wanted to stay away from the really touristy areas - only around 10-15 minute walk along the river from the main attractions.
The room was very comfortable and well finished, and the staff friendly. The dining area was a very ornate affair offering a substantial choice of options for breakfast.
If I was to visit Rome again, I would definitely consider this as my top choice of hotel. First Class!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jonathan T
Reviewed February 5, 2012

My daughter was in boarding school nearby, so we chose the hotel initially based on location, but returned for each visit because we just love the hotel. Beautiful, unique rooms, lovely breakfast, peaceful neighborhood. We are walkers, so the distance to the touristy areas didn't bother us, and on rainy days taxis or the bus was very easy. The staff are wonderful....and here is a story to prove it. I ate dinner at one of the sister hotels and when I returned to the San Anselmo, I realized I had lost about 200 Euro cash. The San Anselmo called back to the restaurant, but they did not find my cash. I had given up on finding it as it was late at night...but then I got a call from the front desk....the head waiter had been walking between the hotels and found my cash scattered all along the sidewalk! He had gathered it up and returned it - this was a lot of money and there was no way anyone would have known if he had just pocketed it! This sort of service and honesty was truly heartening.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed January 8, 2012

We stayed at the hotel for 5 days after Christmas. Every part about our stay was fantastic.
The hotel itself it beautiful, the room we had was incredible and the staff are friendly and very accommodating.
The breakfast in the morning is in a beautiful room with lots of light and the selection of food is vast. Very good quality. Included with the room and well worth it. The lounge area is a great place to have a drink and recharge before heading out for dinner.
The location is a little off the beaten path but it is not a very long walk to get to the Circo Massimo metro and actually it is sort of nice being in a more residential neighbourhood where it is quiet.
I would reccomend this hotel to anyone going to Rome and we will certainly be back. Thank you for everything!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank triplover25
Reviewed December 10, 2011

We have stayed in this hotel for two nights and were very happy with rooms, service and location of this place. If you don't have a car it's not in the most touristy area of the city and not easy to walk to those areas but if you do have a car, I highly recommend you to stay ay this hotel. Its in a very charming neighbourhood which is very pretty and quiet. It's really easy to park your car in front or at the allocated car park of the hotel. Breakfast is pretty good and goes until 11 pm, service very good and staff is friendly but more so very kind and respectful. Rooms are spacious, well decorated and also very airy with high ceilings and big windows with most charming views. Stay there, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank L S
Reviewed December 2, 2011

We recently stayed at this hotel in November 2011 for 3 nights. It was the perect base or a visit to Rome - we walked everywhere rom here. It is an oasis of peace in this busy city. We were lucky with the weather - 4 days of 18C and sunny blue skies. With the windows open from our double room overlooking the square, all we could hear were church bells. The rooms were beautiully decorated in an interesting way. Breakfast was in a beautiul room. There was a lounge area to sit and have a drink or coffee and recharge our batteries at the end of the day. Location is great - easy to walk to Circus Maximus and Collisseeum and Forum. A perfecbase or a weekend in this wonderful city. Adjacent to hotels are narroiw streets with no traffic, beautiul churches and old pallazzos with ochre walled gardens, and lemon trees hanging over into the street. A real contrast to the busy streets in the main areas. Would thoroughly recommend or a luxrious base in a peaceul location within easy walking distance of main tourist sites, exceptthe Vatican. We would go back!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple