“Prompt and curteous service, very fair price”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Limousine System Day Tours
Ranked #146 of 292 Transportation in Rome
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Reviewed September 3, 2017 via mobile

We used Limousine System to pick us up at the Rome airport and transport us to the cruise port and then pick us up at the cruise port and take us back to the airport. We were unable to see the Trevi fountain on our last trip to Rome so we scheduled a stop at the fountain on the way to the cruise port. We corresponded with Viaola about our transportation needs, the number of people and the amount of luggage. She responded promptly and quoted us a price each way that included our stop at the Trevi fountain on our airport to port trip. The driver was waiting for us with a name sign as soon as we exited baggage claim. He had a clean, new van that was comfortable for all four of us and our luggage. The time was changed on our return flight after Viola had sent me an email on our pickup times. I emailed Viola and she got back to me promptly with an adjustment to our pickup time. When we got off of the cruise ship, our driver was waiting for us. When we got to the airport, he checked on our flight so he could direct us to the correct gate. His van was in excellent condition and he was extremely nice. We felt we made and terrific decision not to use the cruise transportation (a large bus that cost more than the limousine service and waited to depart until it was full) and would use this service again. They stood by the price they quoted, had clean, new vans and spoke excellent English. I would highly reccomend Limousine System and would use them again if we returned to Rome

All reviews
in 2 reviews
"driver"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed April 17, 2016

I looked with this company a trip from FCO to Rome Hotel. I also booked a return from the hotel to FCO to pick up another couple and then to the cruise port. When we arrived at our hotel, the driver attempted to collect more money than originally agreed, even though I had a written confirmation of the rate. He even called his "boss" who began yelling at me on the phone about the new rate they wanted to charge. The hotel owner came to my rescue and told me not to pay any additional money as the charge I had been quoted was more than fair, which I did. While I was staying in Rome, this company called me at the hotel 3 times to increase the cost of my trip from the hotel to FCO and then onto the cruise port. The owner kept calling me and yelling at me that he could not do the trip for the price I was quoted and had written confirmation for. Fortunately, the hotel came to my rescue again and made arrangements for the same transfer with another company for the amount I had been original quoted by Limousine System. I called Limousine System and emailed (so I had written proof) that I was cancelling their service as I refused to pay the increased rate and they refused to do the transfer for the quoted rate. Believe it or not, while we was waiting in the airport along with our driver for our friends to arrive by plane, Limousine System had a driver walking around with my name on a sign. He told me he was there to pick us up. I told him to get away from me as I had cancelled with his company. He was very persistent and finally called the "boss" who wanted to talk to me, but I refused and again told him to leave, which he finally did. We continued on to the cruise port with our new driver, in a much nicer vehicle with a more courteous and much safer driver. Do NOT use this company.

6  Thank njgram
Reviewed September 29, 2015

The reservation process went OK. I had to call them to prompt them to send the confirmation email, but that was just a minor inconvenience. We had to move quickly when we arrived because our cruise was leaving shortly, but I was hoping we wouldn't run into any delays.
Our flight arrived at the airport on time, and we had no issues picking up luggage or going through customs. The confirmation email explicitly stated: "He will be at the airport in the arrival hall with a sign with your name on it 25 minutes after the actual arrival of your flight." We entered the arrival hall precisely 25 minutes after our flight's arrival, and found no one with a sign with my name. I looked for 15 minutes through the crowd of people with signs, but had no luck. I hopped on the airport wifi and called the company through Skype, and they said the driver would be there in 10 more minutes. We waited the 10 minutes (which we could scarcely afford to do), and then we made other arrangements to make it to the port. We were literally in the last group that boarded our boat.
To make matters worse when I got onto my email I had three very unprofessional, bordering on nasty, emails asking me why I had disrespected them in whatever way I had. They were the ones that were 30 minutes late when one of the only prerequisites for their job is to be on time! The nail in the coffin for me was that they still charged my credit card $175 for their incompetence and for providing no service! I had to call my credit card company to dispute the charge.
Do not use this service! There are a number of other reputable private car services on Trip Advisor, and I would urge you to stay very clear of this company.

2  Thank dlong912
Reviewed September 27, 2015

we used them to pick us up from the airport (FCO) to Civatecchia port for our cruise. We also had them pick us up and take us into Rome to our hotel. What a wonderful experience. I would highly recommend this company, and use them again!

See more reviews
Reviewed September 13, 2014

With just one 12 hour day in Rome (Cruise Port) we had a lot of things we wanted to do and while our cruise ship offered multiple excursions, none of them were all inclusive so our travel agent suggested this tour company and it could not have been better. They were waiting for us as we exited the ship in a limo and we gave him our wish list of places to visit. In addition to simply driving us to the coliseum he also escorted us to the front of the line so we didn't spend all day waiting to get in, then he did the same thing for us at the Vatican so we could see the Sistine Chapel without waiting in the 2 mile long line. On the way we stopped at Trevi fountain and several other stops. Our driver was also a good tour guide who spoke pretty good English. We have no regrets, this was by far the best way to see Rome in a day.