“Do you like pork?? Then try this place!!!”

I Porchettoni di Pigneto
Ranked #5,831 of 12,162 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Do you like pork?? Then try this place!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2012

My goodness what pork they serve here!! It is like a tavern really, plastic plates, communal tables, busy busy busy. All the meat is sold by weight, in multiples of 100 grams. It comes cold. It is fabulous!! The pork fillet is strips of cured fillet, spiced. Delicious. The porchetta is just amazing. There is also horse on the menu but that was unavailable!!!

1 Thank spacebandit

Dwight, Canada
“Simply Fabulous!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2012

The whole meal and experience was amazing. Definitely the best swine I have ever eaten. It is worth the schlep by bus - 7 stops on the 105 from Terimini, if I recall correctly. There are many bars and cafe on the same street. Please note they shut down in the afternoon or are only open for dinner cuz when we got there around 6pm they were not open for another 30 minutes. Early staff did not speak English (more fun). One dude who works later does speak a fair amount. Very fun staff. They got quite busy as we were leaving around 9pm. Yum!

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank MTLbikeman
Stockholm, Sweden
“Great antipasti and pastas”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2012

Althought I always try to visit as many new places as possible, we ended up in I Porchettoni twice in our last four day visit to Rome. The great antipasti plate made us return. Love the welcoming atmosphere.

• Visited March 2012
Los Angeles, California
“Anthony Bourdain recommended it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2012

I'm dying to go here after seeing Anthony Bourdain's piece on it on "The Layover", his new show. It was the #1 for porchetta. Served on paper, in thick slices, with simple bread for accompaniment and apparently it is meant to be eaten with a large Italian beer! Looked so yummy. The skin was unbelievabley golden and crisp.

• Visited February 2012