“Wine tour of the chianti region, May 2013”
Review of ViniCultural Tours

ViniCultural Tours
Ranked #32 of 218 Food & Drink in Rome
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: ViniCultural Tours is a boutique company that was created to be a twist to the norm, to offer a higher standard of quality, without the pretentious attitude. Based in Rome where we run our 3 hour Wine Tour, Food Tour and the first (and only) Craft Beer Tour of the capital! We also customize full day winery tours around the Roman Hills, throughout Tuscany, Umbria and will soon be adding Veneto and Piemonte! Our semi-private small group tours are limited to a maximum of six people; Our Private tours pamper you beyond belief. Our prices always include all of your food, wine, beer and reservation fees. No hidden costs when you arrive! Not only do we ensure quality on all of our experiences, you get MORE for your money than with our competitors. Bottom line: we keep your best interests in mind. Not ours. Your personal native English speaking Master Sommelier (with a passion for Italy) along with a licensed NCC driver (when needed) will make sure your vacation will be unsurpassed and unforgettable.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Wine tour of the chianti region, May 2013”
Reviewed December 21, 2013

My husband and I were fortunate enough to share a day of touring with our friends Anne and Denys. They had used John as a guide a few years ago in Rome and spoke so highly of his guide skills we felt confident in his ability to provide a fabulous tour.
We started the day with a short stop at an abbey to hear monks doing a Gregorian chant. It was enchanting. We then visited three wineries, each one unique and different. John also chose a great restaurant for lunch.
He has a great knowledge of wine and his enthusiasm was infectious. All in all the most memorable day of our stay in Tuscany.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank 15torontotraveller64
John P, Owner at ViniCultural Tours, responded to this review, December 28, 2013
I am so glad to get this feedback. Although back in May, I can remember how much fun it was with the 4 of you! I was more than happy to customize our day together to include the Gregorian chant in Montalcino. Our lunch in Castellina in Chanti was also quite fun! I hope to see you all again in the not so distant future. ..
Happy New Year!

Columbus, Ohio
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great Wine Experience!”
Reviewed November 29, 2013

We booked the wine tasting for our last night in Rome. Our family loves wine but none of us really understood how to pair and taste wine properly. The wine tour is capped at 6 people and our group was 4 already (parents, me and sister). I cannot recommend it enough! Because of the small size of the group John is able to talk to everyone and answer questions and really help you to understand the ins and outs of wine pairing. We visited three different places and filled up on some interesting wines and great food. It was also great because it is at a nice pace, which helps after a long 10 day vacation. We had an awesome time John!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Lisa B
Thank you so very much for your review!
I am glad that you enjoyed the Sanctuary of Wine tour and that you found the pace to your liking. I had a great time with your family and feel that the time flew! Happy New Year!
Mariehamn, Finland
“Happy couple from Stockholm”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Me and my boyfriend was in Rome on a weekend and one of our "To do" was to go on a winetour. So we found this one and and it was really good. John is a really good guy.

Visited October 2013
Burscough, England, United Kingdom
“Our Wine Tasting Pairing in Italy”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

We would definitely recommend this tour for your Italian Wine Tasting experience. John who was our guide was very knowledgeable and gets to know you which makes the tour even more special. We found this tour very interesting, and especially enjoyed trying the different food as well as the amazing wines. I would highly recommend it to everyone. Chris

Visited August 2013
John P, Owner at ViniCultural Tours, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review me here!
It was great to get to know you! In fact, I remember being a bit jealous of your time in Italy. .. since you went to places I hadn't been to yet!
May the two of you enjoy your new found knowledge in wine!
All my best to the both of you,
John.
Sydney, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Vinicultural wine tours - Rome (3 hrs)”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Would strongly recommend this tour for wine lovers or for those who would just like to experience Italian wine and the history behind wine making and where it all started. John was our guide who has a maters in sommelier qualification and was a wealth of knowledge when it came to wine and the history of wine and wine making. We were on the tour with 4 other people (total of 6 is max in each group). Price was excellent for all the wine and food for the 3 hrs. 3 different wine/restaurants visited throughout Rome with amazing wine and food! Was a very fun and enjoyable tour and learnt a lot about wine and wine making. Wine was great and food was even better! Great experience! Thanks John :-)

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Katie and matt E
John P, Owner at ViniCultural Tours, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Thank you for your review!
Since you are taking a Uni course on wine making, I was ready to get schooled myself! Instead, it was a pleasure to have the exchange that we did with the two of you. Having a full tour with 6 people with different levels of understanding made the dynamic a fun one! Thank you for being a part of it. ..
John.

Been to ViniCultural Tours? Share your experiences!