Homs Hotel
$178
$165
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Hotel des Artistes(Rome)(Great Value!)
$146
$69
  • Free Internet
All reviewsspanish stepstrevi fountaingreat locationaround the cornerfresh fruit saladeuropean citiesvia del corsohotel locationroof terracewalking distancefresh towelsroom was clean and comfortableother attractionshamwalked everywhereheart of romepastries
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I stayed here for a week! I was alone, so I had single room. The room was small, but average size for European standards. The staff at this hotel is amazing! I arrived 5 hours before check in time and they immediately called housekeeping to see if my room was ready! My room wasn't available, but they offered to hold my luggage and told me it would be about 2 hours. I was in fact able to check in 3 hours early, which was a relief after my long flight from the States. The room was very clean. The room had a full compliment of toiletries, which were replaced daily. The bed was like sleeping on a cloud! I didn't use the mini-bar, but the price list seemed reasonable. The location was PERFECT!!! I was able to walk to everything I wanted to see! These included the Spanish steps, Trevi fountain, Pantheon, Colosseum and Vatican City to name a few! Marianna and Francesca, at the front desk, are absolutely amazing! They deserve special recognition! They were always willing to help! I will definitely stay in this hotel again!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 18, 2012

We stayed 4 days in Rome post Cruise at this hotel which we had selected through a combination of Tripadvisor scores and location. The location is perfect being just round the corner from Spanish Steps, close to a lot of shopping, outdoor restaurants and 10 minute walk to Trevi. We had one of the 5th floor suites at the top of the hotel including a rooftop terrace (nice!) the suite was very spacious with a nice bathroom and sitting area. Clean, well appointed and well serviced. Only disappointment as others have noted is they charge extra for WiFi service which in this day & age should be included I think. Continental breakfast was included and was good. Overall very happy with this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 18, 2012

We booked our reservation for Homs Hotel through a website and thought we paid the full amount. When we got there, we were charged an additional 25 EUR a night for our son to have a pack-and-play. We were not contacted in advance that we would need to pay an additional fee, even though we stayed we would need a crib and that we have a 1.5 year old son. Also, they required us to leave our stroller downstairs and could not bring it up to the room.
The hotel staff was extremely rude and unaccommodating. They wouldn't really give us recommendations on what to do or where to eat, and wanted to charge us an additional 10 EUR for calling a cab to pick us up for the airport.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Diana S
Reviewed October 13, 2012

I stayed a few nights at Homs Hotel and can recommend it for its position - a quiet, non-touristy street very close to the Spanish Steps and within easy walking distance of the Trevi Fountain.
The hotel rates as four stars but I think that this is pushing it. The staff were generally helpful and my room was good. However, the cover on the bed was stained and the shower head kept falling down.
I didn't have breakfast or dinner at the hotel but I did make use of a lovely little terrace you access via stairs from the 4th floor that seemed relatively unknown to most of the guests. Very relaxing and you can order food and drinks as you like.
For breakfast I'd suggest getting a 3 euro panini just round the corner from the hotel. For dinner, I'd highly recommend Palatuum, a wine bar/restaurant on via Frattina, which has great food and really nice, well-priced wines.
What I didn't like about the hotel was the 25 euro a day charge for wi fi which is just totally outrageous. Having said that, if you want a well located hotel at fairly reasonable rates and don't use wi fi, then Homs Hotel is worth a look.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank marduk1
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Our first stop in Italy was 4 nights at Homs Hotel. The location was PRIME! With a flight delay, we didn't arrive until 11pm. We took Leonardo Express from the airport to Termini Station. Then the Metra from Termini to Spagna. It really is MUCH cheaper than a cab (they wanted to charge us 25 Euros to go a very short distance because of the hour of day), and it's not that hard to figure out. From the airport, buy a ticket for Leonardo Express, take that to Termini. From Termini, stop at a Metro machine to buy tickets. It's just a few stops to Spagna if I remember correctly. Once you exit the train station, BOOM! There are the Spanish Steps! Such a beautiful sight to encounter right away! From the steps, it's just a few minutes walk to Homs Hotel.
Each night we ate dinner near the Trevi Fountain--a very safe, relatively short (7 minutes?) walk. Our favorite restaurant was Restaurante di Diego--the lasagna was great and so was the spaghetti julienne.
Also, the best spot for gelato is right outside the Trevi fountain, too. Get the hazelnut!
Anyway, the hotel was fine. Nothing fancy, really, but relatively good size for a European room. The staff was helpful in providing train information.
The only downside is the internet, as others have mentioned. They charge by the hour, and it's pretty pricey.
While we were on our trip we also did three day tours.
#1: Presto tours of the Vatican and Sistine Chapel (wonderful)
#2: Presto tours of the Colosseum and Roman Forum (beyond incredible)
#3: Dark Rome tour to Pompeii and Vesuvius (awesome!)
Each of the meeting places for these tours were relatively easy to get to from the hotel.
All in all, we LOVED Rome--it was our favorite city on our Italy adventure. If you want a good, safe hotel without any staff issues and a great location, Homs Hotel is it. We were very, very pleased!
(They also have a very reliable wake-up call service and had a US converter in the room)

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple