“Wonderful Place To Stay In Rome”
Review of Hotel Farnese

Hotel Farnese
Ranked #106 of 1,263 Hotels in Rome
Calgary, Canada
“Wonderful Place To Stay In Rome”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

My first experience at the Hotel Farnese was in February 2006 when my 13 year old son and I stayed for one week. My next stay was in September 2013 when I brought my 16 year old son. I love this hotel and I love the area it is located in. You are a 15 minute walk from the Vatican and there is lots of shopping close by as well as many nice restaurants. You are steps away from the metro/buses that can take you to all the other sites easily should walking be a concern. I give the location a rating of excellent because I like to get away from all the tourists. I felt very safe walking in this area day or night. The staff are lovely and very accomodating. Having breakfast and drinking a cappuccino while looking out at the Dome of St. Peter's Basilica is a great way to start your day. They have nice big bathrooms and the beds are very comfortable. I look forward to my next stay at Hotel Farnese when I will go with my husband (these were special mom/son trips).

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Anne B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Campinas, SP
Reviewed September 25, 2013

My husband and I were planning our honeymoon to Italy when we decided to visit Rome. I studied in Oxford where I met an italian friend, who told me about this hotel. As she is a native of Rome, for sure I took her advice to stay in this hotel. It was our best choice.
The hotel cordially welcomed us with a delicious Italian wine.
Besides the best location (it is far from amount of tourists, but so close of everything because have a subway station called Lepanto near the hotel), the room is big, clean, has a lovely balcony and also, a great meal with a wonderful view of the Vatican.
My italian friend lives near the hotel, and she told us lots restaurants, "gelatos" places for we go, near the hotel.
If someday I decide to return there, we'll stay in Farnese Hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank CarolFantin
Buckinghamshire
Reviewed September 23, 2013

The hotel is a bit tired around the edges, however Hotel Farnese offers very comfortable accommodation. We were on the 4th floor, nice big room, lovely, huge, comfortable bed. The room did however smell of smoke which was slightly off putting. I considered asking to be moved but was informed that the hotel was busy and full. I am still giving 4 stars as generally it was up to scratch. The common areas are lovely, marble floors, chandeliers etc.

Large well appoionted bathroom, shower no bathtub, but lots of space for toiletries, great sink and mirror. Bathroom a bit tired looking but did the job.

Flat screen TV and mini bar in the room. We did find that it was noisy, there was a couple next door to us, I don't think they were talking particularly loudly but we could hear every word of every conversation, this was quite irritating and led us to speak quietly to each other :(

Nice continental breakfast on the roof, very attractive room, superb waitress, very smiley and helpful and makes fresh cappucinno's for you. One negative, there were scrambled eggs in a tureen, they were always cold, it was not heated so quite a waste really.

The hotel is located in a quiet residential district, it is adjacent to a tram, Rome's Metro, and bus lines. There are some nice restaurants in the area that are really good and easy to walk to. There is also a long street full of nice shops (some designer) a 5 minute walk away.

Free WiFi, this was very patchy in the room but worked fine in the reception lobby. We also had free parking which I did consider to be a bonus.

Staff, really really friendly and helpful.

So all in all a great stay with a few cons, would I stay again, probably not, I think it was qute expensive, we paid 740 euros for 3 nights for a room that had a musty smoky smell and no bath and cold eggs. If I returned to Rome I think I would try somewhere else for a comparison.

Room Tip: If you prefer a bath make sure you let them know, also try for a room without a connecting door, nex...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
cambridge
Reviewed September 20, 2013

My wife and I loved this hotel, the staff was fantastic and the rooms were clean and beautiful double doors leading to the balcony was awesome. It is located in a quite residential neighborhood.
Have breakfast upstairs and see the view of the Vatican.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
victoria
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We had a difficult time deciding where to stay in Rome. We finally settled on the Farnese. Thrilled that we did. What a location - St. Paul's dome can be seen from the breakfast room on the covered dining patio on the roof. And the staff are so very helpful. The room was lovely and clean. AND parking is provided.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Hotel Farnese is a boutique hotel, located in quite residential area.
Rooms are surprisingly large and very clean with upscale amenities. Great breakfast.
Walking distance to most attractions: 15 min slow walk to Vatican, about 20 to Pantheon and around 30-35 to Coliseum. Free parking.
Personnel is English speaking and always ready to help.
Lots of great and inexpensive places to eat around.
Definitely will stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Michael C
Peoria, Illinois
Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

Stayed 4 nights, the last night on the top floor room with terrace. Clean and very European feeling. Very good buffet breakfast. Quiet residential area. Short walk to metro, 15 minutes to Vatican, 20 minutes to Pantheon. Definitely would stay again.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple