“The Perfect Experience”

Royal Palace Luxury
Ranked #1,160 of 1,267 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I was so impressed with The Royal Palace Luxury Hotel. They made me feel so welcome on arrival, greeted me by name and brought me a glass of wine to my room. My single room was lovely with a comfortable bed, clean bathroom and a spacious balcony. The breakfast was delicious and the staff were very accomodating and I loved the fact that they charged my phone for me when I forgot my euro adaptor. The location of this hotel is perfect for sightseeing and I will always stay here when I come to Rome.
Hannah

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Hannah S
There are newer reviews for Royal Palace Luxury

Reviewed May 24, 2013

This is a great located hotel close to the Spanish Steps. However, apart from the friendly male receptionist who greeted us and couldn't do enough for us, the remainder, bar staff, waitresses, were intimidating and rude. Even a smile from any of them would have helped! Breakfast was made an unenjoyable experience by the waitress. The staff could do with a customer service course. Overall the room was clean and tidy but the bathroom could do with a shower curtain. Could not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pauline084
Reviewed April 9, 2013

A lot of these previous reviewers worried me before I travelled here, but we found this hotel perfectly nice, clean and comfortable. The central setting is fantastic, a lovely cobbled street within walking distance from everywhere. Yes there is noise from the restaurants, but that is Rome nightlife for you. We were on the first floor, right over a restaurant, but there is very efficient double glazing which muffled it considerably, and the kids enjoyed watching the world go by beneath us which you wouldn't get if you had a quiet room at the back. We were in a spacious family room which was not cramped or with some sofabed but had two big, comfortable double beds separated by an archway, perfect for our family, with a stylish bathroom with shampoo etc provided and a kettle if we wanted it. It was cleaned thoroughly every day. The breakfast was great, lovely coffee, juice, pastries, eggs and bacon. The bistro wasn't so great, admittedly, but guests get a 10% discount, and anyway we found another absolutely lovely little place just opposite. Hotel staff were helpful and polite and spoke several languages. I would recommend it for young, energetic families.

Room Tip: Possibly on third or fourth floor would be quieter. A back room would be quiet but no view.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank AnastasiaParkes
Reviewed February 17, 2013

This hotel is with excellent location, 3 minutes' walk to Spagna Metro Station, 2 minutes' walk to Spanish Steps. There are many shops and restaurants around, always crowded with people/tourists. After you have bought a piles of things, you can bring them back to the hotel and go shopping again, that's very convenient! I stayed in this hotel for one night only, on 1/F, that's why it's a bit noisy but acceptable to me because I went out the whole day. It turned to peace and quiet at night time, I had no sleep problem there. We had dinner and free breakfast in the hotel. The food quality seems OK for me and my friends except the bread was too hard. The hotel staff (especially the beautiful lady) were totally not friendly and helpful, no smile at all. To be fair, with a few exception. We've got 2 wifi passwords, one for the hotel rooms and the other for the hotel public area. The one in the room is OK but it's ridiculous that wifi was only available in the lobby (a very small area). It disconnected immediately when you took a few steps to the restaurant for dining....? Another shortcoming is the washing basin in the bathroom - with shallow hollow that the water splashed your dress everything when you washed your hands.

I think training to the hotel staff is a MUST because their service attitude is unacceptable in the servicing industry nowadays.....

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank hksmallfish
Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

We had our hotel this place and we decided to have a glass of wine before going to sleep. The terrase seemed nice but that was the only nice thing. We ordered 2 glasses of wine and they were awful and warn. I decided not to drink and order a beer just to forget the horrible taste of the wine. The beer was warn too and we were charged 13 euros for 2 glasses of hirrible wine and a warn beer. Be advise NEVER go to that place.

4  Thank XaviCalella
Reviewed November 26, 2012

The location is very good - but that's the only positive thing we can say. We should have guessed that any establishment that uses three superlatives in it's name might be puffing a bit -- and we have surely kicked ourselves that we didn't. It is not "Royal", it is not a "Palace" and it is so far from "Luxury" it's not funny. The tall blonde day manager was rude and confrontational...the afternoon and night staff much more helpful. But the condition of the facility is not good.

We were very disappointed that we trusted the Hotels.com recommendation -- even in light of the poor reviews here. We wish we'd trusted TripAdvisor instead!

Room Tip: DO NOT to take the 4th floor "Classic" room...it's a converted attic space.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BigBillD
Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

Bad service. The food was poor and we could not cut the pizza on a table with poor balance.only the house wine was worth. We had the mozzarella prosciutto pizza which had very little cheese and the prosciutto was dry.

2  Thank Maria T