Hotel Museum
$409
$381
Autograph
  • Pool
Hotel des Artistes(Rome)(Great Value!)
$148
$69
  • Free Internet
All reviewshotel alimandipeter's squarevatican wallclose to the vaticanrooftop terracestar hotelspoke englishpastriesdaily breakfastbasic roombus and metrothe air conditioningbeds were comfortabletwo blocksa wonderful stayreception staffvisit to rome
Reviewed June 16, 2013

The location is great, just a few hundred feet from the Vatican Museum entrance. The staff could not have been nicer. They spoke very passible English and were able to direct us to places, reserve taxi cabs for our group of 6 and make reservations for dining and our ride to the airport when we left.
Agree with other reviews, Francesco is one of the most friendly, accommodating people in the world. When he learned we were leaving and had to get out by 7:30 am to catch our ride to the airport, he came in early and made breakfast for us. We saw him on the street leaving work and he appeared to know everyone within a 3 block radius of the hotel.

The hotel is not fancy but it is clean and everything works. We had plumbing issues all throughout our trip from Venice, to Florence to Siena. I would stay here again or try the other hotel owned by the family right across the street that is even closer to the Vatican museum entrance.
If you need a ride to the airport, ask about the limo service they provide. It was reasonable and the Mercedes van they used easily carried 6 of us and our luggage to the airport outside of Rome.

Room Tip: The street was not noisy so nearly any room facing the Vatican should be fine.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank vacationer24balt
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Very clean and cosy family run hotel, staff were really friendly and helpful with any travel advice etc that we had. A super breakfast made by the very cheerful Francesco, and a very good location for getting around to visit various tourist attractions while the street the hotel is on is nice and quiet.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Patricia M
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This family run hotel, close to the entrance to the Vatican museums is a gem. As a frequent traveller to Europe, I have stayed here several times myself since 2006 as well as with post-cruise groups. My family and friends and I appreciate the warm hospitality from Paolo Alimandi and his efficient staff. Not fancy, but charming, clean and welcoming with a superb breakfast daily on the covered rooftop, proudly served by Francesco who makes yummy cappuccino! The typical Roman neighbourhood boasts a plethora of restaurants as well a local shopping and proximity to the METRO only a few blocks away. Whenever I return, I am greeted with sincere embraces which leave me feeling that I am back in my "ROMAN home"!

Room Tip: Rooms on the back don't have much of a view but no street noise. Streetside rooms can have charming views but street noise. I sleep with earplugs and have never had a problem in either location.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank redcruiser
Reviewed January 12, 2013

I have stayed at Hotel Alimandi 3 times and have recommended it to friends several times, all with the same review. The hotel is efficient and clean, nothing fancy but in a great location. You are steps away from the Vatican and some of the best gelato in the world. The staff is very friendly and the rooftop breakfast room is wonderful. Francesco greets you every morning with a wonderful smile and an amazing cup of espresso. He has been there for years and makes the morning!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank debdex66
Reviewed January 11, 2013

I traveled to Rome with 23 others for a class trip, and I think a majority of us were quite please with this hotel. It is STEPS from the entrance to the Vatican, and the hotel is in easy walking distance to public transportation and the bus. It was also very easy to walk and in a nice neighborhood. It is very basic and clean and the staff was very helpful with providing close restaurants within walking distance. The breakfast in the morning was the best part...very convenient and generous. The breakfast room on the terrace was very nice. Although this is a very basic hotel, it is a perfect place to crash at night!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends