“Great wee hotel near Vatican City”

Hotel Sant Anna Roma
Ranked #162 of 1,257 Hotels in Rome
Christchurch, New Zealand
“Great wee hotel near Vatican City”
Reviewed August 11, 2014

We stayed at the Hotel Sant Anna for 2 nights during July so we could visit Vatican City before going to Greece. Since we enjoyed our stay so much we re-booked it for another 2 nights on our way back through Rome. It is about a 10-15 min walk to the Metro so quite easy to get to other sightseeing spots and main shopping area. We had a triple and a quad room booked, they were both clean & spacious. The bathrooms were large and excellent shower pressure. The rooms were quite, had good TV's and excellent in-room wifi. The staff were friendly & helpful and the breakfast fresh and ample. Outside the hotel there were plenty of restaurants and mini-marts. A stones throw to Vatican City and easy walking to other sightseeing spots. I would definitely stay at this property again given half the chance and recommend it to others.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Viscardo S, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Sant Anna Roma, responded to this review, March 5, 2015
dear fatbum,

Glad hearing you loved Hotel Sant Anna. And specially hearing that the rooms were spacious with a large bathroom and that you enioyed the location.

We do hope to have the opportunity in the near future to welcome you back at our hotel.

Hotel Sant Anna staff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Reviewed August 10, 2014

I stayed two nights in this hotel after another hotel around the corner messed up my booking. They took me in, gave me the same price per night as the other hotel (although I´m sure the hotel room I got was much more expensive). The room was beautiful, great breakfast and excellent service. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
dear Hanna E,

thank you very much for your positive comment.
We're glad that you liked the stay and that you liked the room , breakfast and service.

hoping to see you soon

Hotel Sant Anna Staff
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed August 1, 2014

My wife and I spent 4 nights here in early July. This was our first trip to Italy and Hotel S. Anna helped make it special. Rooms are modern, breakfast was delicious, staff very helpful, and very close to Vatican. Only drawback is that the rooms are pretty small, but we didn't spend much time in our room.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Jeff C,

Glad hearing you loved Hotel Sant Anna. and that you were satisfied by the location, the breakfast. and the kindness of staff.

As for the small size of the room you have to consider that this is an old building and some dimensions are obliged . If you'll be our guest again please specify you would like a larger room.

Hoping to see you soon.

Normal, Illinois
Reviewed August 1, 2014

This is one of the finest hotels in which I have ever stayed. The staff are really friendly, the rooms are beautiful, breakfast is fantastic, and you can't beat the location-- only 2 blocks from the Vatican. For a 3-star hotel in central Rome, this is a real value. We look forward to our return to Rome, and will definitely stay here.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Brad B,

we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your staying with us and was pleased with our services and facilities within our Hotel. It is rewarding to receive positive feedbacks from our guests.

we are waiting to have you as our guests with pleasure

Truckee, California
Reviewed July 1, 2014

My mom and I loved this hotel the most. We randomly booked this place for one night... it was great! The room has a beautiful decor, painted ceilings, great ac, and a well-stocked mini-bar. The beds were very clean and we felt very comfortable in general. The breakfast service was very good, but I wouldn't recommend the restaurants right on the street, much better food elsewhere. We only wish we could have stayed longer!

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Emily C
Dear Emily C,

thank you for your positive comments. We are glad hearing that you liked the room and that you were impressed by the painted ceiling. We're happy hearing too that you liked the berakfast.

We hope that next time you'll be our guest for a little bit more time.

New Jersey
Reviewed June 10, 2014

I loved this hotel. Beautiful and comfortable rooms, wonderful location very close to St. Peters, reasonably priced and a terrific staff (especially Andrea!). If I visit Rome again, which I hope to do, I would not think of staying anywhere else.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank aiw-nj
Dear aiw-nj ,

We're happy to hear that you loved Hotel Sant Anna.Thank you for your positive comment about the rooms and kindness of the staff.

we really hope to see you soon.

Saffron Walden, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 30, 2014

My husband and stayed here for the second time last September, this time with our adult sons. I meant to do a review at the time but didn't get around to it. I've been prompted to now as we've just returned from our first trip abroad since staying at Sant'Anna and it couldn't have been more different. We stayed in a Trend hotel in Vienna, where a relative had stayed. Whilst I cannot critiicise this hotel for cleanliness, comfort and the breakfasts, what a contrast with Sant'Anna!! it was a world apart, being very large, anonymous and characterless (area likewise.) It made me appreciate Sant'Anna even more and think fondly of it and its staff, and ensure that I do more research next time I book a city break. Some people are not too bothered about their room/hotel on a short break, saying that you don't spend much time there anyway, but I don't agree!
The staff cannot be more obliging - particularly Andrea and Antonella.
The only slightly negative thing we experienced was a couple of electrical items not working (not dangerous in any way.) Perhaps, Viscato, the owner, could do a little updating of such items - likewise the computer system. However, this may well have been attended to since we went, and I wouldn't hesitate in going back to Santa'Anna which I hope will be in the not too distant future.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room at the back, maybe?