Our family of 5 stayed in an apartment at this hotel for 4 nights and found it to be a very central place to explore Rome on foot from. Being an apartment we were luckly enough to have a small roof top terrace which was lovely to sit out on at night time. Of an evening the air was filled with the background noise of a pianist playing at the nearby roof top restaurant. The apartment also had two sleeping areas which provided space for us to spread out. There were a few steps to negotiate in getting to the room but the staff were kind enough to bring our bags to the room. My main issue with the room was that to use the bath/shower was tricky for anyone over 5 feet tall. There was no iron or tea/coffee making facilities in the room. The room and hotel was very clean. We also were surprised at how quiet the location was given it's proximity to attractions.
The hotel is literally around the corner form the Pantheon and a few blocks from the Trevi Fountain.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Who we are The history of the Albergo Santa Chiara begins in 1939. At the first it was a "wine-shop" then changed into a small inn, enlarged in the following years, the 10 rooms of the first days have become now 96, distributed in 3 adjoining buildings. In one of them is located the Saint Catherine from Siena's Chapel. The old lobby, on the contrary, has become a theatre. You can't miss a short chat at one of the table of our open-air bar, quiet and private, that overlooks the Minerva Square. The most affectionate guests love the wide and classic styled rooms, younger prefers the modern and high-tech ones. The hotel service is impeccable, the rooms are very clean and the beds are extremely comfortable. You will find this is a friendly, relaxed hotel that will make you feel right at home. The hotel has been in the same family ownership for nearly a century. The ground floor hall has seen the proclamation of the Popular Party by Don Sturzo, the rooms have counted the steps of Noble prizes such as Amartya Sen, Franco Modigliani and clergy men later be became Popes, politicians then elected Republican President, philosophers, artists, writers from Fogazzaro to Sartre to Banana Yoshimoto. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Priceline, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Hotel.de so you can book your Hotel Albergo Santa Chiara reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Albergo Santa Chiara Rome
- Albergo Santa Chiara Hotel Rome