I want to thank the staff for going out of their way to make us happy. The location is amazing! LITTERALLY A WALK TO EVERYTHING. the HOTEL is clean, provides a great free breakfast and free WiFi in all parts of HOTEL. We prearranged our transfer from the airport to the HOTEL thru Albergo Santa Chiara. Our driver was waiting at the terminal for us which made our arrival into Rome smooth at 10:00pm.
We stayed at the Albergo Santa Chiara in early August ever day was 95+ degrees. The evenings were 88 degrees. Our only issue with the HOTEL was our air conditioner was so loud it sounded as if there was a jackhammer in it. We reported the noise and were switched to a different room. the air conditioning in 2nd room did not work at all. we were moved to a third room which was great, clean, had air conditioning that worked with no noise!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Who we are The history of the Albergo Santa Chiara begins in 1939. At the first it was a "wine-shop" then changed into a small inn, enlarged in the following years, the 10 rooms of the first days have become now 96, distributed in 3 adjoining buildings. In one of them is located the Saint Catherine from Siena's Chapel. The old lobby, on the contrary, has become a theatre. You can't miss a short chat at one of the table of our open-air bar, quiet and private, that overlooks the Minerva Square. The most affectionate guests love the wide and classic styled rooms, younger prefers the modern and high-tech ones. The hotel service is impeccable, the rooms are very clean and the beds are extremely comfortable. You will find this is a friendly, relaxed hotel that will make you feel right at home. The hotel has been in the same family ownership for nearly a century. The ground floor hall has seen the proclamation of the Popular Party by Don Sturzo, the rooms have counted the steps of Noble prizes such as Amartya Sen, Franco Modigliani and clergy men later be became Popes, politicians then elected Republican President, philosophers, artists, writers from Fogazzaro to Sartre to Banana Yoshimoto. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Hotel Albergo Santa Chiara reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Albergo Santa Chiara Rome
- Albergo Santa Chiara Hotel Rome