We were a large family traveling together - 8 adults - 1 toddler. We booked a triple room and the family room. The triple room was a standard hotel room. It was clean, comfortable, modern. The family room was a bedroom (with a king bed) and then 2 single beds in the living room area. We were provided a portacrib for our daughter which had fresh linens. The family room had a terrace that was fantastic. We were able to have a glass of wine and gather outside rather than being crowded in a room. The room was also clean and modern and the shower was phenomenal. The location can't be beat. In a quiet area, but tucked right behind the Pantheon and a few blocks from Piazza Navona.
The staff here was friendly and helpful. On our first day in Italy, our daughter woke up jet lagged and grouchy and wanted milk - the front desk worker was so kind and went into the kitchen to fill her sippy cup with milk even though breakfast wasn't being served yet.
I would say that the concierge could probably step up a bit with having tours and activities info more available. We wanted to book some tours and a) the front desk said they didn't have any info (maybe a language barrier on my part?) and b) by the time I realized the concierge did indeed have tour info, I'd already popped into the Hotel Minerva next door and they had more info available.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Who we are The history of the Albergo Santa Chiara begins in 1939. At the first it was a "wine-shop" then changed into a small inn, enlarged in the following years, the 10 rooms of the first days have become now 96, distributed in 3 adjoining buildings. In one of them is located the Saint Catherine from Siena's Chapel. The old lobby, on the contrary, has become a theatre. You can't miss a short chat at one of the table of our open-air bar, quiet and private, that overlooks the Minerva Square. The most affectionate guests love the wide and classic styled rooms, younger prefers the modern and high-tech ones. The hotel service is impeccable, the rooms are very clean and the beds are extremely comfortable. You will find this is a friendly, relaxed hotel that will make you feel right at home. The hotel has been in the same family ownership for nearly a century. The ground floor hall has seen the proclamation of the Popular Party by Don Sturzo, the rooms have counted the steps of Noble prizes such as Amartya Sen, Franco Modigliani and clergy men later be became Popes, politicians then elected Republican President, philosophers, artists, writers from Fogazzaro to Sartre to Banana Yoshimoto. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Albergo Santa Chiara reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Albergo Santa Chiara Rome
- Albergo Santa Chiara Hotel Rome