We stayed in one of the Albergo's family suites with our two sons.
We actually stayed in April 2011 but have only just got round to posting and the system won't let me select a month that long ago.
The hotel's location is excellent - right in the centre of many of the sites most visitors will want to see yet up a quiet turning. It's easy to walk to lots of the places we wanted to visit, and also very close to many good bus and tram routes. Taxis are relatively cheap in Rome, so for a family of four they are worth using too.
Our suite was on the top floor of one part of the hotel - it is several old buildings which have been connected and refurbished. We asked specifically to be in one of these top floor suites which are in various bits of the building and all have outside terraces. Ours was very large with table and chairs and enabled us to have a relaxing hour in the afternoon sun after tiring ourselves out around the sites and before going out to dinner each day.
Staff are very helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Who we are The history of the Albergo Santa Chiara begins in 1939. At the first it was a "wine-shop" then changed into a small inn, enlarged in the following years, the 10 rooms of the first days have become now 96, distributed in 3 adjoining buildings. In one of them is located the Saint Catherine from Siena's Chapel. The old lobby, on the contrary, has become a theatre. You can't miss a short chat at one of the table of our open-air bar, quiet and private, that overlooks the Minerva Square. The most affectionate guests love the wide and classic styled rooms, younger prefers the modern and high-tech ones. The hotel service is impeccable, the rooms are very clean and the beds are extremely comfortable. You will find this is a friendly, relaxed hotel that will make you feel right at home. The hotel has been in the same family ownership for nearly a century. The ground floor hall has seen the proclamation of the Popular Party by Don Sturzo, the rooms have counted the steps of Noble prizes such as Amartya Sen, Franco Modigliani and clergy men later be became Popes, politicians then elected Republican President, philosophers, artists, writers from Fogazzaro to Sartre to Banana Yoshimoto. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Agoda, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Albergo Santa Chiara reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Albergo Santa Chiara Rome
- Albergo Santa Chiara Hotel Rome