“perfect!”

Ranked #52 of 1,263 Hotels in Rome
chicago
“perfect!”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We originally booked at another hotel. The other hotel "lost" our reservation. That is how we found Hotel Abruzzi. Perfect location, fantastic staff. I wish we found them first! They truly saved our vacation. Thank you!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank joe_patrick

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (282)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Loved every bit of the stay at this friendly hotel in March 2013. The people who work at the reception genuinely want to help you and make your stay memorable! They were even willing to store my luggages even though I had already checked out! Fully recommend this place if you are staying in Rome and you can't beat the location; so close to everything you want to do in Rome.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the fountain were excellent
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mountain-Monk
Binbrook, Canada
Reviewed May 28, 2013

My husband and I stayed in the annex which was just a door down from the lobby and a narrow staircase up to our room. There was a small elevator too. The room was small but adequate and very clean. We only stayed for a couple nights so the size was not an issue for us. Our window overlooked the side alley. When the windows were open there was noise but if you closed up the shutters it totally blocked the noise and light. The location was amazing. The only downfall of the room was the step up to the sink and room that had the toilet and shower in it. Both my husband and I both stumbled over it during the night forgetting it was there. The breakfast which was included was great. We enjoyed eating outside in the Pantheon square. We were surprise to be served scrambled eggs, bacon, fresh fruit, baked goods and coffee. It was a great way to start our day. Thank you so much Hotel Abruzzi for our stay.

1 Thank Cherrypits
Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Everything you need in a Rome hotel. Clean, comfortable, air con, free wifi, exceptional staff. Our room looked directly at the Parthenon and the Piazza del Rotunda. Breakfast was at a cafe just across the piazza and the choice was extremely good, hot, cold, fruit, yoghurts, breads, pastries and good coffee. We will stay here next time we are in Rome (we threw coins into the Trevi fountain).

1 Thank graemelacey
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 20, 2013

My 5th time in this lovely hotel. I've been visiting Rome for 40 years and always in different hotels looking for one I would want to return to. And then I found Albergo Abruzzi and would not wnat to stay anywhere else in future. Great location as all the reviewers say Wonderful view if you have (and pay for) Pantheon view. Lovely firm bed, Clean bathroom. Friendly and helpful staff. Breakfast at the caffe across the square is the standard offering (great if you like pastries for breakfast) but raised way aboe average by being able to sit outside and enjoy the (early) morning activity in the square before it gets overrun by tourists. I can't think why anyone would stay anywhere else.

Room Tip: Pay for the Pantheon view, Higher rooms are a bit less noisy with the windows open
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank jkb194805
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed May 15, 2013

if you want to e immersed in the vibrations surrounding the Pantheon and the fountain this is the perfect hotel! quiet inside and beautiful decor. i could open my wooden shutters and immediately belooking at the Pantheon and fountain.
walk outside .....eat dinner.......have gelato.....sit on the fountain.......right outside the door!

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Positives: Great location and view (my window looked over the Pantheon). The room was large by Rome/European standards, and reasonably comfortable. Very clean.

Not-so-positives: I was in the "Annex" which meant a separate buiiding, up a lot of stairs, and 3 sets of doors. So I had to carry this keyring with 3 huge keys around, or leave it at reception in a different building. Decent bathroom toiletries were lacking. Bed was pretty hard. Noise at night wasn't great - a negative to being so close to a monument and busy square. But the worst for me was no bar or restaurant. Luckily, my friends were staying next door and had a lovely rooftop bar, so I just went there. Also, no fitness room. Breakfast was at this little cafe across the square, and was not impressive.

I would say "good value for money," however, I think you can get nicer hotels, in cuter neighborshoods, with nice amenities, for the same or better price. I'd stay there again in a pinch, but no that I'd need to make plans around the negatives above.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends