“Art, art, art!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Guided Tours in Rome and Vatican Museums

Guided Tours in Rome and Vatican Museums
Ranked #25 of 196 Museums in Rome
More attraction details
Owner description: Visit the Vatican Museums with the Sistine Chapel and Rome in an small and private group. Your visit will be customized according to your interests. Have the best quality tours at the best prices. Our visits are ONLY with the top rated Official Guides authorized by the Province of Rome and the Vatican City. We do tours in Spanish, English and Portuguese. Don't waste your time waiting for other people, skip the lines with us.
Incline Village, Nevada
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Art, art, art!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

Sistine Chapel is awesome as expected but what I didn't expect was the rest of the art! The detail and upkeep was unbelievable.

Visited March 2012

51 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Massive and Amazing.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2012

Every thing in Rome is huge and although the Museo Vatican is technically in a different country, it's still in Rome. The museum is so massive I wish I had a month to just view it with a museum guide. It's a packed place with people meandering everwhere so you have to overly aware of those around you. I wish I would have known more about the museum before I went it. It would have made the experience better. Be prepared to walk and know that the Cistine Chapel is at the very end! I went for the museum but my travel companion went for the chapel... I believe he was frustrated with the 200+ signs that said this way to the chapel!

Visited November 2011
Kendal, United Kingdom
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Wonderful experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2012

I booked tickets on line through the Vatican Museums web site, which was so worth it as we totally avoided the massive queues and were ushered straight in. Just the same price but with a $e booking fee per person, still worth it in my book! Go to see the Modern art section, some fabulous paintings by noteable artists & there was no one else there! Very different experience from the Sistine Chapel which was noisy sadly. Soaked up the atmosphere & admired things for ages, loved all the paintings along the coridoors, particularly the maps

Visited March 2012
auckland
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Guided Tours by the Vatican Museum people”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2012

If you are in Rome with a Tour Group (e.g. TopDeck) - HIGHLY recommend doing the optional guided tour of the Vatican Museums. If you're a FIT traveller, then I highly recommend buying the tickets online together with a guided tour - you don't have to join the super long queue (take the short one).

We got a Tour Guide named Jill, and not only was she a Doctor of some sort - her knowledge of the history of Christianity/Catholicism was well grounded, her appreciation and knowledge of art was amazing, and all that plus her passion made the whole Vatican Museum Tour unbelievably special.

Visited April 2012
Jerusalem, Israel
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Beyond Words...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2012

We went to the Vatican Museum to mainly see the Sistine Chapel of course. I had done research prior to our trip and ended up buying our tickets online for a specified time slot. THE BEST DECISION EVER. We arrived and the line (in February!) was around the corner, at least 1 1/2 hrs. With our tickets in hand, we skipped the line, went to the special "online tickets" entrance and waited in the short 5 minute security line and proceeded to the museum. You must walk through the actual museum to get to the Sistine Chapel (About 1/2 hr walk) so we walked rather quickly, stopped only in the Rafaello galleries, before proceeding to the Sistine Chapel. It is beyond words and just breathtaking. From there, we proceeded to St. Peter's Basilica and climbed the dome, which is highly recommended as well. Just beware, its over 500 steps up, but the view is incredible!

Visited February 2012