“Value”
Review of Aphrodite Hotel

Aphrodite Hotel
Ranked #488 of 1,270 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Stayed 1 night after Med cruise, great location across from airport buses and train station. staff were helpful, breakfast was good, Only issue is the small shower stall in the bathroom, and water keep going from hot to cold.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I read the complaints by some people and just untrue. I just stayed there and it is perfect for seeing Rome. The main train station is right across the street (easy to get to and from FCO), and most major sights are within walking distance or a very short train ride away. The staff was pleasant professional and helpful.

The room was adequate. But you do not go to Rome to stay in the room. It is probably 3 star by American standards, but this is not America. It is still perfect for the price. The breakfast was excellent when compared to other European breakfast buffets at other similar 3 and 4 star hotels.

Overall, I will definitely stay again. For the price, location, and staff, this is a great place to stay.
The only complaint was that the water pressure was off and the water in shower kept going from hot to cold. Not fun. But I did bring this to the attention of the front desk and they are working on it. But as far as the other complaints just not true, you might find better in Rome, but be ready to pay a significant amount more.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank MrM_Bond
Reviewed May 25, 2013

I stayed here with my girlfriend at the end of April and was pleasantly surprised by this hotel. Being right next to the Termini station meant the airport transfer was easy and getting around the city was no problem either. Our room was ready despite an early arrival and the staff on reception spoke good English.

The room itself was quite compact but then I wasn't going to Rome to spend time in a hotel room! It was clean and the bed was comfy, the bathroom was very small though, I'm not a big guy but found the shower cubicle a really tight squeeze.

Buffet breakfast was fine and the maids came every day. There are a lot of homeless people opposite the hotel at night so you may feel safer getting a cab back after dinner.

I would happily stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank stuc1981
Reviewed May 20, 2013

My brother and I booked 2 nights here in 2 rooms. The location was excellent since we were taking the train into Rome from Naples and it is directly across from the train station. It is also very close to the hop on-hop off bus stop which was very nice. The room was nice. The view was pretty terrible, looking at a wall and windows of an adjoining residential building but I didn't care since I went to Rome to go sightseeing and didn't need a view from my room. A/C worked well but shower alternated between scalding hot and ice cold. My brother had this same issue in his room on another floor. The best I could do was get it to alternate between pretty warm and sort of cold by reducing the pressure. I saw other reviewers had this same issue so it seems to be an ongoing problem with this hotel. I found the bed to be very hard but my brother, who has traveled more extensively in Europe, says this is pretty standard for their hotel beds. Our first night the WiFi worked great but on the second night I lost my connection about every 2 minutes. My brother didn't have any issues on his floor so it might have been a localized problem. The breakfast buffet was also standard for Italy but it was good. They ran out of things very quickly but the staff was very helpful in replenishing everything. Overall, it was a very good value for the price paid and the location. It was well kept and very clean and even with the issues we had I would still probably stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Demelza T
Reviewed May 4, 2013

This hotel is very clean and right next to the Termini train station as well as bus and subway services. Front desk staff very helpful. Only drawback is the size of the rooms. We have stayed in many hotels in Italy and are aware that the rooms are small, but the rooms here are extremely small. You could find better rooms for the price that is charged here

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rdespirito
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Having been recommended this hotel by our daughter who had stayed here we arrived for our 2 night stop to hear people at the reception desk been told at because of a 'plumbing problem' that they would have to be accommodated at a nearby hotel. However the next lady in line refused to accept this and was eventually given a room at the Aphrodite. Now my turn and sure enough I was told that my room also had a plumbing problem! After veiwing the alternative hotel website (not great) I was twice refused a room despite several phone calls in Italian to try to find a room for us. I stood my ground, requested to see the manageress and sure enough within 5 minutes of her coming a double room was found for us!
Great location, good rooms, good breakfast altogether a good place to stay however with Rome hotels commanding a ridiculous rate for 'walk in ' bookings compared to those of us who book months in advance, my suggestion is if you are told here is some 'problem' with your room is to stand your ground , don't sit down in the adjoining bar when offered a drink but stand right at the reception desk so the queue of people behind you hear everything going on until you are allocated your room. !!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 25, 2013

The location of the hotel is great: across the streat from the city's most important railway station: Roma Termini. The Terravision bus from both airports also terminates in front of the hotel. There is a lot of further public transport close to the hotel: bus and metro.

The room was small but clean and had most facilities one expects in a big city hotel, with the exception of the possibility to make coffee and thee. We had a room on the front site of te building facing the station. There is a lot of noise from the street, but don't forget this is a hotel close to the center of a big and lively city. So no complaints about that. We had no trouble with the noise inside the building. The shower is small but effective.

The breakfast wasn't Anglo-Americain style, but it was fine for a continental breakfast and you could always ask the staff to fill it up or make cappucinno for you. The reception staff was also very friendly.

This hotel is an excellent choice for a city break to Rome.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple