“Nice hotel, location is good for Termini access”
Review of Aphrodite Hotel

Aphrodite Hotel
Ranked #466 of 1,267 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I booked to stay here for our last night in Italy, as we needed to catch the train to the Rome airport early in the morning. It worked out perfectly for that - we couldn't have been closer. They were doing renovations on the check-in desk when we arrived, and it seems as if the rooms have just recently been renovated. They were small, but not ridiculously so. Very typical for Italy. The room and bathroom was clean, modern and well-fitted, but, the shower (at least in our room) was TINY. Too small to really even turn around or pick up shampoo or what-have-you.
I've been to Rome before, and would recommend staying here for the proximity to the train station, but, if you're going to be sight-seeing around Rome for multiple days, I think I would stay more in the center of the city. It was a little bit of a walk, and the streets right around the train station were not as well lit as the downtown area - I wouldn't walk there by myself ever.

But, if I needed to catch an early train from Rome, or got in late at night by train, I would definitely book here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Aphrodite Hotel

Reviewed January 7, 2013

The location of this hotel is great, and despite the trainstation being so close, you don't have any noise problems. The rooms are clean, the staff is very friendly. Breakfast was ok. Good value for money.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank la_ragazza_mela
Reviewed December 24, 2012

The hotel is across the street from Roma Termini. The hop on hop off bus tickets are sold on the other side of the station and from there its just a 2 min walk to the first stop.

Room was atrociously small but the bathroom, for whatever reason, was larger then the actual room.

Breakfast was served upstairs and was quite good. It was never full so always had a seat.

With not being in the room so much - the claustrophobic feel of it can be forgiven and due to its proximity to the local supermarket being across the street and Roma Termini, I would actually stay here again.

The only downside was that the flight back home was late afternoon - the hotel would not budge on a late check out regardless of offering to pay. Transfers were paid for from home and they would not even pick me up earlier so had to leave my luggage in the hotel until I returned. An extra 1-2 hours would have helped drastically as not much to do after you have seen everything already.

Also - stayed here July 2011 and not January, 2012 as indicated.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Suzy N
Reviewed December 15, 2012

I stayed at the Aphrodite Hotel for 3 nights while on a pre-cruise stay in Rome. The Terravision bus from the airport (4 Euros) left me directly across the street from the hotel at the Termini train station. The location is great for sightseeing in Rome, providing fast access to buses and trains.

The hotel is small, modern, comfortable, and I enjoyed the visit very much. Breakfast was ample and great. The temperature of the shower was hard to control (went from cold to hot to cold), but not a major issue.

I would definitely stay at the Aphrodite Hotel again, and it is a great value.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 20, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Aphrodite Hotel for one night as we had taken the train in from Venice and had an early flight out of Fiumicino the next morning. The hotel was literally just across the street from Termini station within a 2 minute walk with luggage. Elevator was very spacious and the room we received, even though it looked onto a wall and some rooftops, was very clean and comfortable. The bathroom had beautiful tiling and the bed was comfortable although a bit hard. Very modern in design and decoration. The location was great for the trains and metro, however I would not recommend trying to walk anywhere from this location except to Termini to get the metro. We tried walking back from Bernini station as it was a beautiful night, but the traffic is terrible around the station and the area just outside of Termini is a bit shady at night.

There is a small grocery store and pharmacy in Termini station which was great for picking up some water and fruit for breakfast the next morning. We had to leave on the train for the airport before Aphrodite's breakfast started.

The staff were very friendly and check-in/out was a breeze.

If you are in need of a transit hotel, then this is a great spot for a night!

Room Tip: Not the best place to walk from, but great location for the metro and trains!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We stayed at this hotel at Oct23-25/2012
Right infront of Termini station! The airport shuttle bus stops right in front of the hotel very convenient if you have luggage.Rooms were large enough very clean and well kept. The hotel overall was very well kept. Staff courteous,friendly and helpfull.
Breakfast was adequate, enough items to choose from for breakfast.
Will definitely stay there again and recommend to my friends!
BTW Wifi worked very well (you have to get the code from the front desk)

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank B L
Reviewed November 12, 2012

The Aphrodite exceeded my expectations. Usually, hotels across the street from train stations can stay in business without being very good. The Aphrodite is clean, serves an adequate breakfast, and is a good choice if you need a quick stay in Rome while waiting for a plane (for example). Personally I would choose another hotel if I were staying longer, but it was ideal for us. The rooms are not large but are clean. The bathrooms are tiny and the shower was smaller than a phone booth, but this is not unusual in Italy. The water in the shower cycled between hot and cold on its own but we coped. Free wi-fi worked well. There is a mini supermarket across the street for drinks and snacks. Our usual Italian trip means picking up a rental car at FCO, and then dropping it off at Termini a day or two before our departure so that we have some time in Rome. This hotel's location is ideal for this purpose, as it is near the station (which has a subway stop) and the buses and train to the airport are just across the street. I also believe that this side of Termini (on the Castro Pretorio side of the station) is safer than the other side. I felt fine walking in this area at night.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back if you intend to sleep with your window open.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple