“AMAZING”

Sistine Chapel Tours
Ranked #130 of 779 Tours in Rome
More attraction details
Owner description: Sofia and her team provide private and small group tours of the Sistine Chapel, Vatican Museums and the Basilica of St. Peter. No lines - no large groups - guaranteed.
Los Angeles, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“AMAZING”
Reviewed January 22, 2014

The only issue I had with my tour and tour guide is the I couldn't have brought her everywhere to explain all of Italy to me! I booked the Sistine Chapel tour for my honeymoon and worked with Viviana to book it from Los Angeles. She was so incredibly responsive, helpful and wonderful. I had high expectations for the tour and they were beyond exceeded. Mariaclaudia was the most amazing guide! She was so knowledgeable and passionate about art, the Renaissance and the Vatican that she made us even more excited. A private tour is a must (and not too much more expensive) because she paused at things we liked, answered all of our questions and took pictures for us. She knew how to avoid the lines and make everything more exciting and fun. In fact, because of her amazing tour I left loving the Sistine Chapel but really being more excited and in love with the Raphael rooms because Mariaclaudia explained them so well. After the tour, she even gave us a great restaurant recommendation. I would recommend them to absolutely everyone going to the Vatican and Sistine Chapel!!! A private tour is a MUST DO!

Visited November 2013

13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Breathtaking”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Sistine Chapel... Well I guess you can use the words, breath taking, as the best way to describe the feeling you get the first time you look up at the ceiling. I suggest doing a small tour with access to the Chapel before the doors open to the public. Sitting in the quiet looking at the ceiling without throngs of people is touching. After the door open you are shoulder to shoulder and it loses a bit of the feeling...

Visited September 2013
3 Thank Michael L
Phoenix, AZ
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Magnificent”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

This place is a MUST see.
We went in the middle of summer tons of crowds and people and long lines and it was worth every minute.
So intense, and staggeringly beautiful, art, frescos, flooring, everywhere you look you see the finest of art and the most wonderful creations know to man.
Awe inspiring!!!

1 Thank Lathrops
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“great review”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

A private tour is the only way to visit the Sistine Chapel because the lines to get in are enormous; however, the tours go straight. This tour is not just the Sistine Chapel but a comprehensive escort thru the Vatican museum. The downside is no photos are allowed in the Sistine Chapel.

3 Thank DrDarrin P
Catania, Italy
52 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 61 helpful votes
“Notice the details!”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Anyone can see the large statues, paintings etc. in the Vatican Museum & Sistine Chapel. This is our 2nd tour & we enjoyed it much better this time. Caterina is an excellent guide. She has a refreshing sense of humor & points out small details that really have a huge impact on the importance & understanding of the artwork. Caterina kept things interesting & lively as she continued to capture our attention, despite the pushy, larger groups and the unescapable heat. It was a wonderful tour with delightful insights that strangely pulled you in to be a part of the creation of each piece she introduced to us...an adventure itself to be sure! We had a lovely time!

1 Thank Wesnmacke