“A nice stay in Rome”
Review of For My Friends B&B

For My Friends B&B
Ranked #102 of 3,722 Rome B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Staying at Matilde’s home was very pleasant, we felt as we were at our own home!
It is a very charming and cozy place.
Despite the short time, it was unforgettable in all the aspects. Our bedrooms and bathrooms were clean and we had at our disposal everything we needed, even more! The breakfast was marvelous (boiled eggs, various kinds of juices and yogurts, breads, jams, croissants, cakes, fruits, etc). There is no better way to start a journey in Rome!!!
Another plus is related to the localization of the B&B; it's located near to the subway station (Ottaviano) and the Vatican. We could also do a lot of things on foot.
Matilde is a very nice and helpful person. Whatever you ask for, she does her best to answer your questions. She gave us a lot of useful tips for things that we could do and enjoy at our stay.
Matilde, your Bed & Breakfast is a little jewel hidden in this inspiring city and we'd love to come again!
We thanks for the opportunity to have staying in a so nice place!
All the best!!
Ursula & Family

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Matilde P, Owner at For My Friends B&B, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2014

Many, many, many thanks!
All the best..
grazie mille

Reviewed November 4, 2013

What more can be said about Matilda and her wonderful accommodation, its all been said!.
Matilda sets a very high standard and all other B&B's should be measured by the quality of service she provides.
Anyone intending to visit Rome should avail themselves of the chance of staying in the best place with the best hostess.
Thanks again Matilda,we had a great stay and hope to return one day.
Fond regards,
Jack & Jan

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thanks a lot for your time and your goodwill!

Reviewed October 30, 2013

For My Friends B&B is by all means my wife's and my "home" whenever we go to Rome which is at least once a year.
The house is always incredibly clean and the rooms are spacious and comfortable with a modern and artistic feel, provided with everything is needed.
The location is very convenient, really close to the metro and main bus services and just at a walking distance from the Vatican.
There are plenty of family run restaurants "trattorie", bars and one of the most famous jazz clubs just minutes away from the house.
Matilde is the best host you can possibly meet, kind, friendly and always so helpful and caring.
The breakfast is delicious and very generous.
if you are in Rome, For My Friends B&B is the only choice if you truly want to enjoy your staying and I would strongly recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Matilde P, Proprietario at For My Friends B&B, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2013

Dear Alessandro & wife,
thanks a lot for your review on "For My Friends B&B".
We hope to see you,do you remember!
And the present for your wedding is waiting for you :-D
See You soon
Best,

Reviewed October 9, 2013

Matilde was very hospitable and her breakfast was excellent and plentiful. Always left the breakfast table feeling full. Rooms were very nicely decorated and clean.

Location is very convenient with metro right around the corner. Just a stone's throw away from the vatican.

Would recommend to anyone that they should stay here when in Rome!

• Stayed: October 2013

Thanks a lot, MattaDorr for your kindness.
We hope to see You again in the future.
Kindest Regards,

Reviewed September 30, 2013

My wife and I stayed at For My Friends B&B for seven days in Septembre 2013 and loved every single moment of our stay. The location is excellent: very close to the Vatican but still in a quiet area; only a three minute walk to the subway; and with plenty of excellent restaurants, bars and pizzerias in the surroundings. If you are going to Roma, do consider staying at For My Friends B&B. We guarantee you will have one of your best travel experiences ever.
For My Friends B&B is run by Matilde Pavone, the best host one can have in Roma. Like everyone who has been to Roma, Matilde loves the city in a deep, passionate way that she transmits and shares with her guests in a very generous way! Not only will she point you to the best restaurants in the neighborhood (be prepared to be the only tourist in these restaurants and to really get a feel of what it means to be off the beaten track eating where Romans eat, talking to very nice people and having exquisite meals, be it a simple pizza or a a full-course Italian meal, Roman antipastos or prosciutto and wine); Matilde will also take her time to book museum visits, operas and whatever else you might need when in Roma, besides sharing with you her favorite restaurants, sestieri and places to see in Roma.
The rooms of For My Friends B&B are located in Matilde's home, a wonderful, spacious, sunny apartment with an inner garden that will make you feel as if you live in Roma. Breakfast is excellent, served at the dinning room.
We had a wonderful time staying at For My Friends B&B, and Matilde was a very important part of this, making our trip unforgettable.
So if you are going to Roma, we strongly reccomend you stay at For My Friends B&B. We will certainly go back in our next trip to Roma.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Matilde P, Proprietario at For My Friends B&B, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2013

Dear Demetrio&Flavia,
thanks a lot!
We hope of having you as our dear guests in the future….may be!

Reviewed September 13, 2013

I went to Rome this summer and i decided to stay in the B&B for my friends.
It was a great decision! Matilde was the best host that I've ever: she was very kind, helpful and chic!
The house was absolutely clean, bright and in a good location for the transports.
The breakfast was delicious and abundant (it was even enough for me and my big stomach :)
But the best thing was that Matilde has the talent of the hospitality!!
I suggest everybody to sojourn in this B&B!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Delia D
Matilde P, Owner at For My Friends B&B, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2013

Hi Delia,
thanks a lot!
We hope to see you soon, and we are waiting for you again in Rome! :)
Best,

Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

Had a great time. 1 block from metro. Matilde is very welcoming. Rooms were clean and pleasant. Breakfast was very nice as well. Good neighborhood. Can walk to Vatican in five minutes. Very nice artwork in her place as well.

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank jal71
Matilde P, Proprietario at For My Friends B&B, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

"HOSPITALITY - The virtue which induces us to feed and lodge certain persons who are not in need of food and lodging."
Ambrose Bierce