“True horror”

Ranked #2,151 of 3,619 Rome B&B and Inns
Paris
“True horror”
Reviewed July 30, 2007

Stayed here for convenience, but regret that decision. Our room stank of damp, the a/c leaked, but worst of all, the man with glasses at the reception was insufferably rude and aggressive. Steer clear of the poor service and fetid rooms. There is better value for money to be had.

Stayed July 2007

• Greek first
  • Polish first
NYC
Reviewed July 23, 2007

Paid 79 euros for a small room with a balcony. Decor is modern and breakfast was nonexistant -- a (hard) danish and yogurt. It did have A/C but the toilet was noisily leaking. Shower is the type where you hit your elbow standing there.

Lepanto metro stop is 6 blocks away. It is set in a quiet neighborhood with lots of pizzerias. I didnt see the many restaurants that the other reviewers mentioned. I would not stay here again because reception in the mornings didnt speak English at all which I found slightly disturbing for a hotel.

Please note that there is a different hotel on each floor of this building. I would compare prices.

• Liked — Not bad location. Modern decor.
  • Disliked — Tiny room. Non-English speaking staff.
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled solo
1 Thank wonald
England
Reviewed July 17, 2007

We booked this hotel as a last minuite thing and picked it off a website that we hadn't used before and had no information on the hotel other than it was close to the Vatican so I was quite nervous before we got there. This was totally unjustified! The hotel was fantastic for what we paid. The bedrooms were spacious enough for 3 people and had air conditioning which was a godsend. The bathroom was quite small and there was only one mirror which proved challenging when the 3 girls were trying to get ready for a night out! Breakfast was basic but got us started for the days sight seeing. The location of this hotel was great, 5 minutes from the Vatican and access to the tour buses and had some fantastic restaurants on the same road as the hotel which had great food and at a really reasonable price.
Would definately stay at this hotel the next time I am in Rome.

• Liked — Air conditioning and the location
  • Disliked — lack of mirrors in the bathroom and very small towels
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with friends
Adana, Turkey
Reviewed June 30, 2007

The hotel is located on a quite side street in the same building of Hotel Giuggiolo, Pensione Lady (Hotel Lady) and Hotel Nautilus. The hotel does have a 3 person lift and a very secure entince to each floor of the hotel. You will recieve 3 keys, 1 to the building itself, 1 to your floor's entrance and the last to your actual room. Breakfast consisted of tea, coffee, asst rolls, jams, and cereal. There is no ala cart. The dining area only serves breakfast but is open for you to bring your own food. Food is not permitted in the rooms.
It is recommended that you bring or have access to cash since the hotel does not except (or most of Rome) for special room rates that are made online.
The room itself had poor lighting so a makeup mirror is needed for better light. The only outlet in the room was located in the bathroom. The room did have a tv but I was unable to get anything other than the news in English (duh). A radio would have been nice. The room did contain a mini bar.
The hotel staff were just wonderful and made us all feel quite welcome. I'm sorry but I do not recall their names at this time. The male clerk spoke beautiful English and his female counterpart only spoke Italian however she did speak slowly enough to me to direct me to a wonderful local restaurant.
I went on this trip with my mother (52) and my grandmother (79) who were visiting from Florida. My mother was quite happy however my grandmother had a few problems. She has become quite miserable in her old age and complained about the coffee wich she found to be to strong and all of the walking required. If you travel with the elderly please be aware that Rome just like the rest of the EU requires abit of walking.
I found the hotel to be in the perfect location. Just a 10 min walk (straight) to the Sistine Chapel and St.Peters Basilica. The metro was a 15 min walk but put you down near all main attractions.
I do plan on staying at this hotel on my next trip to Rome.

• Liked — The residential location.
  • Disliked — You couldn't bring food into the rooms.
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
manchester
Reviewed June 5, 2007

If you heat somebody send he/she to this hotel it is absolutely disgusting!!! FA SCHIFO!!!!! Do not believe to the picture showed on its website, there is no breakfast room and the "continental brekfast" it's just a ridiculs little dish with a few things on the croissant is dry and unsavoury... DO NOT GO THERE NEVER!!!!!!!!!! pay more money somewhere else but enjoy your stay!!!
Ciao,

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
36 Thank ninaManchester

Travelers are raving about these Rome hotels

NRW
Reviewed May 23, 2007

I booked this hotel, THEN I looked at this website and was very worried. I saw a lot of horrible reviews. Well, I went with an open mind and was very surprised. Maybe there has been a complete renovation, and staff change since some of the reviews, or people were just being picky. The hotel is about a 5 minute walk from the Lapanto metro stop. The man and woman at the front desk were extremely helpful upon our arrival. Providing us with a tourist map and writing notes and directions on it. We were escorted to our room and shown how to work the AC. The bathroom was adequate size and the shower had decent pressure. Although not near most of the attractions of Rome, it is only a 10 minute walk to the Vatican museum line, which is the best place to start a tour of Rome in the morning. Breakfast was good; cereal, yogurt, pastries, coffee and juice. The only complaint I have is that the second bed in the room was too small. My mom and her friend stayed in the queen size bed and I was assigned to the single. I am 6 foot tall and from the ankle down was hanging off the end. We paid $135 USD and were not disappointed. I cannot count how many European hotels I have spent the night in, and this was not the best, but far far far from the worst. I would definitely stay here again.

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — small spare bed
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with friends
24 Thank scott_x73
California
Reviewed October 22, 2006

This hotel was a nightmare! It was almost impossible to find; wedged into a dilapidated building that had many lousy little hotels. We checked into a hotel that we thought was Residenza Dei Quiriti, only to find out that it was someone's home that rented a few rooms to pensioners (poor old folks). We finally found by accident ( the wrong floor pushed on the elevator) the crappy hotel that we had booked on the internet. It was better that the flop house room we had mistakenly thought was ours, but it wasn't what we had seen on the websites. The desk clerk spoke NO English, only Italian, there was no internet connection or any possibility of getting on line, there was no coffee machine, clock, tea kettle - only a lousy TV, and lumpy bed. A lady started agruing with her husband every morning at 6, waking us up. The worst was that because of a lousy reservation system, we mistakenly had reserved 3 rooms instead of one, so the stupid manager insisted on having us pay for all 3 rooms for the first night. The so-called breaksfast was bad coffee and stale rolls. This was the worst hotel I have ever stayed in my life. DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL UNLESS YOU ENJOY MISERY!

• Liked — somewhat clean
  • Disliked — impossible to find, no internet, lousy service
  • Tips/Secrets — stay away from this hotel