“location gggggrrrreeeaaat”

Ranked #1,880 of 3,692 Rome B&B and Inns
Belfast, United Kingdom
“location gggggrrrreeeaaat”
Reviewed July 15, 2006

just back form spending 5 days in this hotel, i have read the other comments and they are right, hotel is right beside vatican, near to metro and lovely resturants.
staff very friendly and the rooms were good not great...spotless.

have booked to go back in January and cant wait.

highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed July 2006
4 Thank Lynzi K

• Greek first
  • Polish first
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 10, 2006

This is a budget hotel and boy can you tell.

The staff were unhelpful and in particular one male member was so arrogant he was lucky only to have got a verbal dressing down.

Mould was visible in the three bedrooms my party had on the walls and carpets.

We organised a taxi for the return flight to the airport with the staff but on the day they denied all knowledge and refused to assist quote " IT'S NOT MY PROBLEM".

I suspect they have a scam going with a taxi-company as some time later they decided they could get us a couple of Taxis which would have meant my party paying extra for the trip to the airport.

Luckily we had sorted our own out in the meantime.

I would not recommend this hotel to my worst enemy!!!!!

• Stayed April 2006
39 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travelers are raving about these Rome hotels

epsom
Reviewed April 4, 2006

The staff was extremely unhelpful and rude. The room we got was old and shabby and nothing like the pictures management has up on the web. The wall paper was torn and our toilet seat broken. They claimed they didn't know about the seat but I fail to see how that could be if they cleaned the bathroom when they turned the room over. It was the first thing I spotted when I entered. I am glad I purchased the room via hotels.com because I was able to have them move me to another hotel. I don't think I would have had much luck with the dealing with hotel management. In fact, they were a bit rude when I said that I was checking out.

As other reviewers have pointed out, the location is very central. I can tolerate sub-standard rooms but given the lack of professionalism displayed by the management, I would not stay here or recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed July 2005
43 Thank wanderer
London
Reviewed March 15, 2006

Last minute Easy jet long weekend in January. Paid 70 euro a night for nice clean room well fitted out. Conintental breakfast included, nice coffee and a bun or two to keep you going. Good location, five minute walk to vatican and Lepanto tube station for access to all other sights.

Nice restraunt a few streets over - good value, nice food, locals only place but very welcoming and good English spoken.L'Antica Griglia Toscana on Via dei Gracchi.

Both hotel and restruant highly recommended.

6 Thank Amanda70
New Malden, Surrey, UK
Reviewed February 19, 2006

We stayed at the hotel for 3 nights and I have to say for a 3 star it was extremely clean and the staff were quite friendly, however they were probably the friendliest people we met in Rome. They seem quite moody people....

The hotel is on the first floor of what is also a private residence. So although not initially apparent you walk in and go up one flight of stairs and you're there. The rooms are very small but we expected that. However, they were very modern in decor and extremely clean. The rooms also have a balcony but we never got to use it as it was just too cold and wet, but i guess would be great in the summer. The shower room is tiny, as in room for one person standing, but again very clean. There isn't anywhere to put brushes etc but that didn't really matter. We didn't find noise a problem as were slightly away from the main streets. The location though was superb. We could walk to just about anywhere and the Vatican was a 5 minute walk down the bottom of the road - good for knowing that although you have to queue early to get in there you only had a 5-10 min walk to join the queue. Breakfast was laid out every morning - continental style but you can eat as much as you like.

I would recommend the hotel if a little pushed for space - but then i gather that most of Rome is like that.

• Stayed February 2006
4 Thank K_Joshi
London
Reviewed February 13, 2006

My husband and me stayed at Residence Giuggioli for three nights in January 2006. We landed a little later than expected and straight away called the hotel to say that we were going to be late, they were very friendly and said that it would not be a problem and that they’ll wait for us (I think the reception area closed at 10.30 ish). We got to the hotel late, around 23 hours, the staff were on reception was very friendly showed us our room and gave us some pointers to were to go for a drink.

The room was dated, small and had quite a lot of damp that had come through from the bathroom wall into the bedroom. This did not look very pleasant. As we were only staying 3 nights and the fact that there wasn’t any damp smell we decided not to complain about it and to just stick it out.
The room was cleaned daily but because of the pealing wallpaper and the damp in the bathroom it never felt very clean.
The beds were very comfortable but it was not a double bed it was two single beds that had been pushed together, something that I hate when they do but I guess that is common practice of many hotels not just in this one.
We did not eat the included breakfast, as we wanted to do our own thing, but the breakfast room did look very nice and modern.
The Location of the Hotel was, in our opinion, perfect. It was located about 15 minutes walk from the Vatican and 7 minutes walk from a tube stop and was in a nice quiet residential street. In fact the hotel was very quiet full stop.

The hotel was not very nice and does not earn to be recommended to anyone. We think that for around £75 a night, which is what we paid, you should be able expects a damp-free and clean environment.

• Stayed January 2006
1 Thank sarah_edman
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 11, 2006

We were there the first week of January and overall it was ok! The hotel is in the first floor of an old but resently restored building. It is on a really quiet street in the west side of Rome - a 5minutes walk to the metro station, 2 minutes to buses and 10 minutes to the Vatican City. The only real problem was that there was no ventilation in the bathroom so there was some humidity but not intolerable. Also it would be better if there were hungers for towels!But this is not a big deal. The personell was VERY helpful with giving us directions and making bookings to restaurants (far more polite and easy to communicate than the rest of the romans)
Overall it is a nice hotel that is relatively ok for what it charges. Oh, but the breakfast is not good!

• Stayed January 2006