“Shady Hotel not worth the trip”

Best Western Hotel Roma Tor Vergata
Ranked #637 of 1,270 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed June 14, 2013

This hotel is very far from any major things you plan to see in Rome. The rooms are small and have bare minimum furniture. The sheets are thin and the mattress are not very comfortable. Getting to and from the hotel will run you up to 90 euro a day so just take that money and get a hotel close by. I did not find the swimming pool that was stated they had online and even they don't provide a bus to hotel or anywhere besides a curbside drop off to nearest train station because it is so far away from anything. From my room all i can see are apartment building and all you hear is dogs barking consistently and people yelling.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank CanilleW

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Stay here in August 2012, as a group (not my choice, following my group leader).

Cons:
-Far from downtown Rome (about 1 hour by car)
-In unsecure area of Rome (I lost a wallet when friends come down from the taxi in front of hotel)
-Wait for 30 min for room key (check-in at 9.00pm)
-Breakfast only bread and some pie.
-Small room and bathroom
-Understaffed

Pros:
-Nothing

Recommended: 110% No, totally unaccepted acomodation.
Return To Sleep: 110% No.

As usual, I always include photos in each of my reviews on Tripadvisor. - It's Real Review.

Room Tip: Good room is : room at another Hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank FSB_81
Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

I was staying here in march 13, I found that the room lack of cup for hot water & kettle. Fortunately I bring my own kettle and ask for a cup, but that cup never come at all. I call the recept to enquire but was told the was they have no more cups. The phone in the room was also in a slight faulty mode too. Lousy service and poor room equips.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank pw88
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Our family spend christmas holiday in west Europe and stayed in 7 different hotels in 4 countries. We took notes about hotel review after we checked out,to make sure we won’t forget the details.
This hotel was the first hotel we had stay, and was the worst hotel we got in europe. The bed is really hard and the pillow is too thin and soft. Bed sheet color look yellowish white. It’s really not an ideal bed to have comfortable sleep while you still have jetlack. Bathroom towel has dirty spot and doesn’t smell fresh. We found some dirty spot on the carpet too.The good thing is the breakfast, eventhough limited but we got many choices of bread,butter, jam,cheese,and hot drink (hot coco, capucino, coffee and tea). There are also scrambled egg, bacon and ham to make sandwich.
The location is not in the center of the city but near the highway. This is good for us, cause we were planning to go to Pisa on the next morning.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank BungaJakarta
PARADISO G, Front Office Manager at Best Western Hotel Roma Tor Vergata, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

Dear Sirs,
we are very surprised for your negative review.
we are sorry that your stay wasn't pleasant. Our rooms are checked and cleaned every day. Our furnitures follow the standard requirements and we assure you that if you informed the reception during your stay, we would have changed your room or found a solution.
We are glad that you feel good our breakfast.

We hope that this answer was clear and exhaustive, and that you will be our guests again.

Front Office Manager
Sapone Fabio

Reviewed January 10, 2013

I stayed here with a friend and only for one night. We reached the hotel around midnight so we didn't really pay that much attention. They provided free wifi in the room tho, so we could still keep up with what's happening back home.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank SundayRose13

Dear Mr
Thank you for your reviews, and i hope next time you will stay for a long time to benefit our services.

Front Office Manager
Sapone Fabio

Reviewed November 29, 2012

we stayed here in the hotel for the canonization of Blessed Pedro Calungsod last October 2012. We didn't have the choice since we were booked as a group.
This place was like the farthest place in rome!!! No metro line!!!
We had to take a taxi every time we go out and come back to this hotel which cost 80 euros one way!!! There are no stores nor restaurants around it!!!
staying there was crazy!!!
THe hotel staff were not accommodating at all!!! Very arrogant.
The breakfast buffet starts at 8am so late that we never got to eat at all and some say very limited choices.
The rooms were clean but there were some movements at night...maybe a mouse...i don't know :(
The towels look so old and dirty!!! Even the basic electric kettle there was nothing...they provided plastic cup for water drinking!!! worst ever!!!
The only good thing is that there is a wifi in the room but other than that...there is nothing here!!! stay away!!!

Room Tip: check tripadvisor!!!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
PARADISO G, Front Office Manager at Best Western Hotel Roma Tor Vergata, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

Dear Sirs,
we are very surprised for your negative review.
It's true that we are located in the suburbs of Rome, but we are well connected to Anagnina metro station by the 20 Express Bus Line (bus Stop just a few metres from our Hotel) and by our free shuttle Service.
Moreover next to our structure you can find the shopping center "Le Torri" whit several restaurants and shops!
We are also located near a commercial area with different shopping centers.
All the staff is carefully selected and higly qualified, and they give extreme importance to the customer's care.
The Breaksfast is served between 6.30/10.00 am, although whenever we deal with groups we try our best to organize fixed hours to guarantee a good service.
For other problems you have reported, we assure you that if you had had informed the reception during your stay, we would have changed your room or found a solution.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

In the night of Sep 27,2012, My group tour checked in at this hotel, I heard some noise during 4.00 am. When I turned on the light, I met a mouse in my baggage trying to make a hole to eat something that I bought and kept in my baggage. I, then called to reception until that ring was cut off and I tried it again but this time that line was busy.(????). I & my friend could not continue to sleep until around 6.30 am. I called to inform yr hotel staff again & he came up to my room and saw a mark of some scrap of plastic bag on the floor. He only said that " never found before" (???) But we said, "it happened now". He told me that he would talk to his manager who would come to work at 9.00 a.m. But, we could not wait, we came with group tour that have to go out at 8.00 am. Anyway, I repeated to that staff that I want your response / feedback, but until now nothing happens ....no explanation or even " SAY SORRY/APOLOGY to your customers . I haven't thought that I have to meet a bad experience in the HOTEL name " Best Western " that have chains in many countries. Your hotel probably considers us just tourists not your valued customers who only visit & stay in your hotel just one night & then check out. I & my friend travel a lot & stay in many hotels both in developing countries or even under developing countries, "BUT NEVER NEVER EXPERIENCE LIKE THIS" as well.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Travelling2555
PARADISO G, Front Office Manager at Best Western Hotel Roma Tor Vergata, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Dear Sir,
we checked immediately the room without finding traces of mice. We inform you that regularly we provide disinfect the hotel and we never had problems of this kind. The customers satisfaction is important to us and so we have immediately changed rooms to customers. However, we would like to apologize to customers if they have had some discomfort.

Yours sincerely,