We stayed at the hotel in the hotel in April 2012 for a city break, what appealed to us most was the value for money for this "4 Star Hotel".
However the Hotel is certainly not of 4 Star standard.
The following is a list of issues that we had with the hotel:
- The biggest disappointment of all was the fact that the hotel was listed as having a swimming pool, however this was shut during our stay, with no mention of this prior to booking. The swimming pool was the main reason for us choosing this hotel
- Poor Service - We booked a double bed with a cot, however we received no cot and twin beds, when we raised the issue we were made to feel petty and the resolution was to combine the two beds together, which was most uncomfortable.
- Poor location - we did expect the hotel to be a short distance from Rome, however the Journey times were about 30mins from the nearest metro and then a further 15 mins to Central Rome.
If you miss the shuttle bus service the only way back is by catching a bus as it is too far to walk.
- Hotel Shuttle Service - This was provided on set times every day and felt like a blessing once we realised how far this was from Rome, however the shuttle service did not always run as advertised with very little communication to cancellations - which on one occasion left us stranded with my 14 month old son in a suburb of Rome.
- Cleanliness - Although the room was cleaned on a daily basis, the attention to detail was terrible as we had large gatherings of dust under the bed, which did not move for the duration of our stay.
- Noisy - The hotel is situated in a large residential area and near a Hospital, which made it difficult to sleep at night with an array of activity going on outside. Also we could here the guests in the room next door. There was also a disturbing creaking noise at night, not sure where it was coming from.
- Light - The hallway light would come through into the room.
- And a final kick in the teeth was a city tax of 3 Euros per adult per night, which we were unaware of at the time of booking.
The few positives were -
- Breakfast - a good selection of Food and very helpful and welcoming staff.
- Shuttle Bus Driver - the main driver for the shuttle bus service was very friendly and helpful and on one occasion waited for us as we were late getting back for the final bus service.
Overall we feel this hotel is not deserving of the 4 Star rating and the location is too far away for someone who wishes to experience the beauty of Rome at night.
Rome is a wonderful City and is probably best admired if staying in the City Centre, paying that little bit more for convenience would have probably made our stay a little more enjoyable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- located 14 km from the centre of Rome, close to the A2 and Tor Vergata university. Close by are a theatre and a sports centre. Appreciated by guests on a business trip, the hotel has 211 air-conditioned rooms, including 6 for disabled guests, and 7 meeting rooms. A restaurant, a bar open 24/24, a terrace and a swimming pool are at your disposal. Wifi Internet access and parking possibilities are available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotwire, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, Hotel.de, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Hotel Roma Tor Vergata reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Tor Vergata Roma
- Accor Tor Vergata Roma