“Wine bar serving light meals”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Monti DOC, Vineria & Buffet - CLOSED

Monti DOC, Vineria & Buffet
Cuisines: Italian, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations, Seating
Neighborhood: Monti
London, United Kingdom
“Wine bar serving light meals”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

This lovely wine bar/restaurant is run single handed by the charming owner and chef, Raffaela. The wine is good and reasonably priced and the food, which consists of antipasti, salads and some more substantial dishes like lasagne is excellent

• Visited May 2013
3 Thank Will059

Bath, United Kingdom
“Beautiful food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

My fiance and I stumbled across this place on a Sunday evening as so many other restaurants were closed. Beautiful, traditional italian restaurant serving only a small selected menu and didn't speak a word of english, but fortunately I'd done my homework and got by with my phrase book and the helpful lady/ owner serving us.
Food was first class, we had three courses, coffee and wine that I asked the host to select for us and it has to be said the best white wine we tried on the entire trip to Rome. Thank you.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank maxlucybath
Wiltshire
“Quiet, friendly and delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2011

We ate at this unpretentious vineria 3 times during our visit to Rome. Initially, because it was close to our hotel and seemed reasonably priced; but we returned because the food was so good and the staff so quietly welcoming and helpful.

It is located not far from the Basilica di Santa Maria Maggiore and the rail teminus. It has indoor and a few outdoor tables, and as the temperatures were well into the 30s at the time - surprisingly enough for late September - we dined outside. (It doesn't have/didn't use any air conditioning) The street was not busy in the evening so there was no continous traffic to disturb our meal, and the road looked down towards the city centre providing a wonderful sunset and night-sky-scape.

The food was fairly simple, but fresh and delicious. My favourites were the pear and cheese salad and the mushroom lasagne, which were both fresh-tasting and flavoursome, and the desserts matched up to that high standard, including the wonderful ice-creams. The other items on the menu looked equally enticing, and I only wish we had had more opportunity to try them all.

As befits a vineria, there was a large choice of wine, but we stuck to the house red and white, both of which were very good indeed.

In all, a lovely find, which I would recommend to anyone who wants a simple and, for Rome, comparatively inexpensive meal slightly off the beaten track.

• Visited September 2011