“Excellent valentine's break in rome”
Review of Hotel Memphis

Hotel Memphis
Ranked #402 of 1,271 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

My fiancé surprised me with a trip to rome for valentines day and our anniversary. Hotel memphis was in the perfect location. Loads of nice restuarants near by and the trevi fountain was only a 5 min walk. The hotel staff were very friendly. The breakfast was lovely and very tasty. The room itself was a good nice, with a comfy bed and a lovely shower. Such a good price for the location and quality. I would definitely recommend hotel memphis :-D

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Hayley M

Reviewed March 18, 2014

Great location. Walking distance to all main attractions and the Metro. Clean rooms, very helpful and friendly staff. Good price, breakfast included, continental, but plenty of it. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Viv C
Reviewed March 10, 2014

My partner and I have just returned from 4 nights at Hotel Memphis and we absolutely loved it. The location was even better than I expected, just a few minutes walk from the Trevi fountain and less than ten to the Spanish steps. We walked back to the hotel from both the Colosseum and the Vatican easily making it just so convinient for exploring the city.
The hotel itself was clean and tidy, could not fault the room as the perfect place to relax after a day of sightseeing. The hotel staff were very friendly and always willing to help, providing wifi codes, directions, recommendations and booking taxis for the airport run. Breakfast was great and the perfect start to the day, easily kept us going until lunch. I wouldnt hesitate in reccommending this hotel to friends and family.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank charlybee23
Reviewed February 25, 2014

First time in Italy and this place/people treated us like we were long lost friends. Arrived at 830 in the morning and after the long flight it was nice to be met with smiles and a hi- we have your rooms ready for you- as if they'd all been just waiting! The breakfast was a typical European faire, but there were a lot of choices to make. They even packed a box for us on the day we went to Pompeii. The employees were friendly and over extended themselves to help us with directions and all the questions we had. I thought the room was great- small but it was only me, plus it had a window ledge that over looked the terrace below. And, I didn,t need my room except for sleeping and showering so that was ok by me. The location can't be beat, as so many others have stated, it's close to everything. I think the longest it took to walk anywhere was 20 minutes. The hotel is nice, but it's the employees who make the stay. I will be back!

Room Tip: I had room 401.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank csmosna
Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

I would recommend this hotel to anyone. The rooms are small, should you request a single, but in all it is spacious in its own way. The staff is very cordial and friendly.
Great location, close to everything should you want
to do a tour of Rome to se the attractions.
The Wi-Fi is not the best because of the structure of the buildings. ..but at the end of the day. You will be able to connect.

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed February 23, 2014

I just got back from Rome,where I stayed in Memphis Hotel. It was my third time to Rome and it was great. I went there to take my Ph.D. so I had to travel alone and stay solo. Memphis Hotel is the best choice because it is in a very central spot, next to Metro and all the great sightseeings. Fontana di Trevi is one minute away, all shops in Via Tritone, nice bars and restaurants, trattorie and fast food, also super markets very close to hotel. The room was very clean, cosy and I spent there a lovely accommodation. All the stuff very polite and helpful and the price great! The breakfast was very good, I had to get up very early, I was around 7.05 there all by myself and had a good breakfast that kept me strong all morning at the university. Although I have been before in Rome, I think that Memphis was the best stay I had. There was complimentary basket with fruits in the room, also it has a Sky platform with many channels all over the world, the heat was very nice and the bathroom excellent. For my next trip to Rome I will definitely stay there!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
4  Thank fontanaki
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Excellent hotel small but like a tardis. Very clean, comfortable bed. Lovely breakfast. Staff extremely friendly. Helpful with transfers back to the airport. Lovely location within 5 minutes of the Trevi fountain one of my favourite places in the world I could sit and watch the world go by all day at the fountains.

Room Tip: Bed was very comfortable - very quiet
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple