“Excellent.”

Cristoforo Colombo Hotel
Ranked #486 of 1,271 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I visited this hotel and i stayed for 2 days for watching out a Gigi Dallessio's concert @ Pallalotomatico.I am going to Rome almost every year so i have been to many of them.Hotel was very close to stadium so i could walk. Staff was very friendly and informative.Room was very clean and the heating system very good too. I can recommend this hotel to visitors.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
gruppoloan, Guest Relations Manager at Cristoforo Colombo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for spending your time to share your experience with us regarding your last stay at the Colombo Htl here in Roma.
We give great value to all our customers feedback as it allows us to do always better, in fact the increasing standard of service in which we believe and deliver is proven by the positive reviews of our guests that have allowed us to achieve a high score on review sites online.
We hope to have the chance to accomodate you once again in the next future and please consider us at complete disposal for any further necessity you may have .

Best regards,

Reviewed December 27, 2012

We stayed for three nights in December 2012, room was comfortable but very noisy. The hotel's main guests were coaches full of students and when they left more arrived.They ran around the hotel at night making as much noisy as they could.To reach the hotel it was on the end of the metro line and a bus ride, the metro service is very run down and to be avoided. The actual sleeping apartments are separate to the hotel. The distance from the city makes it impossible to come back to the hotel before going out in the evening.The hotel has a four star rating but you might as well stay in a three star hotel in the centre of Rome.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lee P
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel with my friend for five days. When we pulled up, I was astonished that the hotel was as nice as it actually was considering the amount of money that I had paid. I was instantly pleased. The inside reception area was very lovely, clean and very professional looking. We were sent to our room, which was ideal for the two of us. It was clean and very very comfortable. I liked the idea of the sliding metal shutters, as they shut out the rain and the daylight when we felt like having a lazy morning!!!

The staff were wonderful and extremely helpful. I dont think we would have visited half the places we did if it wasnt for Lisa. She was really lovely and helpful.

The breakfast was pleasant and suprising! I was a bit dubious about "continental breakfast" (i think thats what it said!) but it was lovely. my friend throughoughly enjoyed the salami and cheese every morning but im not ready to experiance that kind of taste sensation at 8am so i stuck to breads, cereals, croissants and yoghurts.

The rooms were clean and comfrotable. The shower was wonderful and powerful and we had fresh towels and sheets everyday.

I think this is a wonderful hotel. Even though it is out of the way a little bit (its about 20 minutes on the bus and metro to central rome), I found the Euroma2 literally being a stone throw away a god send. We never had nothing to do and the food court was sublime. We tried to try every restaurant if we could - not only was the food good the shopping experiance was too. I got lost many a time due to the vastness of the place!! But you never got bored there and there was always something to do!

It's a beautiful city and Im so glad I chose this hoteL I will definately be back and will certainly make arrangements to stay in this hotel again. When we were going around central Rome, I was quite disappointed with the state of the shell of most of the hotels I saw (they looked extremely run down) so I was quite pleased that we had chosen a hotel a little out of the way, which was perfect for our needs.

I didnt give it a 5 star however because we did have one issue when we were staying there. It wasnt so much the hotel or the staff but the noisy people that were above us. We were staying in room 104 and on our last night, they constantly were pulling a chair across the floor (which seemed tiled!?). I couldnt understand this as our room was carpeted but it was relentless.. We heard it in the morning so I assumed that maybe it was the cleaners but it was all through the night as well. It got worse on our last night at the hotel as it was driving me insane and I just couldnt sleep and had an early flight to catch the next morning.

So that was really my only fault; yet it was nothing to do with the staff or hotel.

I hghly recommend it.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Samantha J
gruppoloan, Guest Relations Manager at Cristoforo Colombo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Dear Samantha,
Many thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback and to have chosen our Colombo Htl!
I was really pleased that you enjoyed our hotel and that you had an excellent stay with us.
It is our goal to consistently provide customer satisfaction and your comments are very important to us.
I do hope that you will return to us soon in the near future
Sincerely

Reviewed November 30, 2012

We stayed here for a week and really enjoyed our time. The hotel was nice and very clean. The staff were great too...very friendly. The manager was a very sweet person. The breakfasts were good. This hotel is located right next to a large mall which was great for shopping and for a variety of food choices when we wanted to eat something right away. It was also located right near a bus stop (bus #070, 700, & 709) which took us right to the subway where we could connect to all the places we wanted to visit while we were there and dropped us off pretty much right in front of the hotel. We found getting around very easy and never had to take a cab anywhere because the transit system was so easy to navigate. We would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank designergirl0247
gruppoloan, Guest Relations Manager at Cristoforo Colombo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

Dear Guest

We give great value to all our customers feedback as it allows us to do always better, in fact the great standard of service in which we believe and deliver is proven by the many positive reviews of our guests that have allowed us to achieve a high score on review sites online.

Best regards,

Reviewed November 24, 2012

The cost of this hotel was similar to what we pay for a Travel Inn or similar in the UK but a fantastic breakfast was included, making it exceptionally good value for money. The bed in the room was king sized and the room was very clean, the staff do a brilliant job with the presentation and cleanliness of everything. The bathroom was of a good size with a positively huge shower in comparison with all other budget hotels we have used in Europe, the water pressure was also great when we are used to cheap hotel showers providing little more than a trickle. The staff were friendly and helpful. You can take a bus from the hotel to the metro, which allows you easy access around all of Rome, but we preferred to walk. The metro is only a mile away from the hotel sticking to the same road all the way, so you cant get lost and there are no hills mkaing it an easy walk for anyone. If walking, please be aware that once it gets dark hundreds of parakeets gather in a few of the trees on route (you will know where as you will hear them!), make sure you walk close to the road side of the pavement, so you are not under the tree branches as otherwise you will get poo'd on, a LOT, as we found out, lol. We loved our stay and would recommend this hotel, the only downside at all is that because the corridor floors are hard floors rather than carpets you might hear other guests coming back at a nighttime if you are a light sleeper. We saw this as a small inconvenience and for the price of the stay we didnt mind.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank loveholidays34
Reviewed November 22, 2012

Not far away from Rome....but still away :) Booked this hotel when me and my family decided to go there for Easter. Hotel is new (or it is completely renovated) with big, clean rooms featuring free Wi-Fi. There is one bar and restaurant available on site and food is excellent. Highlight of the restaurant is chief waiter Fernando, gentlemen in mid 60-s, who oversees all activities in restaurant and you can consider him as a friend (he can arrange whatever you want). Really great people and staff in this hotel.

Train station is 300 meters away from hotel and from there train takes you directly to Termini station where you can board on subway,underground and continue to historic centre of Rome.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Stipe_Radosevic
Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

The challenge we faced was finding an affordable and somewhat classy place where we could park the car for free. Well, this hotel certainly meets these criteria.

It's located at the outskirts of Rome and very easy to reach by car.
The hotel still retains some of its former grandeur, despite is age. That is to say, from the outside it looks somewhat decayed though the lobby, restaurant and, to a lesser degree, the rooms are in better shape.

The rooms were good: clean with comfortable beds and good sound insulation.
Note that the TV still stems from the last century, which shouldn't be a problem if you only use it when brushing your teeth before going to bed.

Breakfast was a pleasant surprise since the buffet was more extensive - though befitting the 3-stars - than expected.
The English-speaking hotel reception is efficient and friendly, so service is OK.

There are two things that one needs to take into consideration.
Firstly, the hotel cannot be easily reached by public transport at night. The last bus back to the hotel leaves around 22:30, which means night owls need to walk back from the metro station - this will take an estimated half an hour - or grab a taxi (if there is one).
Secondly, wireless internet costs 6 euro for 24 hours.

Still, approximately 50 euro per room per night (for a single room including taxes) with free parking makes this hotel the best option when visiting Rome by car on a budget.

• Stayed: November 2012