“Terrible condition and really bad service”
Review of Hotel Giotto

Hotel Giotto
Ranked #1,084 of 1,263 Hotels in Rome
“Terrible condition and really bad service”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

There were broken hangers, room was really small, the shower could not be fixed, tv was not working, no one to give me a plate, water has no presure, no wifi on the time i requested and they said easily that's the condition, even there was no manager to complain, i was in many 3 stars hotels before but this one was really terrible

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank AliSmomt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Den Haag
Reviewed September 10, 2012

The room at the 6 floor was like a birdcage, beginning at the door nearly 1.50 meter, by the window was the room 2.00 meter. When I want to use the bathroom, my wife has to sit on the bed.
But, but, but the bar was very Good and very cheap, breakfast was simple but good.
In general, if only for a Citytrip and a place to sleep after a long day in Rome it's realy a 3 star hotel. Booked by internet and for that amount I haved paid, not so bad.

Room Tip: Book a room until the 5 floor, those rooms are a little bit bigger
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Nantwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 8, 2012

I am being very kind giving this hotel 2 points, the reason for the 2 points was the clean sheets and the cleanliness of our room. Also the Receptionist kindly made us a coffee on our arrival.
I don't normally write reviews but if I can save someone else the experiences we endured then it will be worth it.
I've highlighted the goods points, so the Bad: My Partner found it difficult to get in the shower, the opening is about 12 inches, (no exaggeration). Once in, God forbid he dropped the soap! No way could he or I for that matter bend over in the shower. The cleaners start early and are dragging beds around at about 6am onwards.
The fridge didn't work. The continental breakfast was a joke, tasteless fodder. Processed Ham, Processed cheese slices, Bread rolls, Sugared croissants, cornflakes plain and chocolate, melba Toast, margarine oh and machined coffee. Nothing had flavour to it.
In the end we organised our Breakfast with the bar L'insolito across the road run by Patty, a lovely lady. We ate our evening meals there too.
We went into Rome on the Number 49 Bus it took around 20 to 30 mins. Traffic is a nightmare, DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES RENT A CAR, THE Romans are mental drivers!!!!!!! My partner is a lorry driver with 41 years experience, even he was shocked at their atrocious driving.
I cannot recommend this hotel to anyone. Pay a bit more and stay closer to the centre.

Room Tip: Choose another Hotel
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Chezzy48

Travelers are raving about these Rome hotels

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed September 6, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is the most aweful experience of our Italy trip. I'm now in the hotel in our room writing the review because we are so angry with this hotel. It is so hot in here and the air conditioner hasnt been working for three nights despite reception lying to us that it is working!!! Reception later told us that they havent done any work today to fix it!!!
This hotel is really a joke! It is at the last station of the metro i.e when the city apparently finishes!!! My husband doesnt even fit inside The shower and keeps the shower screen door open!
Unlike other reviews, our room is big and bed is nice and king size, this is the only positive point about this hotel.
I think even two stars is too many for here!

Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Giotto Hotel is a good option providing that your budget is limited and you are ready for commuting - as the property is located outside the center of Rome (1 km from Battistini underground station).
The rooms are really small and tiny and not very clean. The hotel provides Italian-style breakfasts – I don’t recommend them. Extra paid Internet is provided in the reception.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank krrnadam
Worcester, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 4, 2012

When I went I was with forty other kids on a Student Ambassador trip. It was three or four to a room, but some of the rooms were clearly singles or doubles that they had just stuffed beds into. There was a room with four guys that had four beds all pushed together that went from one wall to the other. They had to keep their suitcases in the bathroom because there wasn't any room. One of our leaders had a room that was literally the size of a closet. Everyone's bathrooms were tiny, and the showers had horrible water pressure. In the room I was in, one of the top comforters had several large, dried, blood smears on it, right in plain sight. Another room had a lamp covered in, you guessed it, blood splatter. The breakfast bar was mediocre. The staff was not very nice at all. We did bring up some of these issues to them, but they didn't do anything about it and when we asked for something as simple as more towels the guy that brought them was pissed, like we had done him a personal wrong or something. It wasn't close to the city at all, there was a bar/restaurant thing right across the street that stayed open until at least 1 in the morning. The windows hardly shut right, so we could hear them all night long. Our bathroom door frequently got stuck.
From the small rooms, to the bloodstains, to the frankly horrible service, I would only recommend this as a place to stay far, far away from.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Megan M
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 15, 2012

The rooms are tiny, I couldn't fit in the shower. It is not even a worthy base to see Rome and rest up after the miles of walking. It is miles from Rome, really difficult to learn how to get the bus as no one speaks English fluent enough. Hard to locate bus tickets too.

Do not eat in the restaurant I was served risotto that looked and tasted like sick and my son squid that was unchewable. They answer was given by the consistant dinging of a microwave. They advertise a roof terrace but there is none and you can't sit in the bar garden as it does not open til six pm. The bar did sell nice cocktails for 4 euros, very strong. We kept being told they wanted to close at 9.45pm. Curfew on my holiday.

You do need somewhere to relax after the walking in Rome and this hotel was a joke. The only saving grace was linsolito cafe opposite that did the best mojitos I have ever tasted and the staff were welcoming. Don't stay here you will be disappointed there is not much to do or places to eat in the area.

• Stayed July 2012