“Great location and helpful staff”
Review of Hotel Siena

Hotel Siena
Ranked #396 of 1,271 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed March 3, 2014

The location of this hotel is simply great, as it was already pointed out on this forum.
Staff at the reception is genuinely helpful and knowledgeable.
However, the room which I got was REALLY small. Think Tokyo small, than cut it down by 30%. This room had a bed mounted in the wall underneath the high window. Despite being February, the room was very stuffy, I had to sleap with window open, which allowed all the street noises, and on the last night all the diesel exhaust from the truck (probably delivery) idling at the front of the hotel!
Breakfast was part of the rate, but I decided to skip it for better food choices on the street.

Room Tip: Not sure which rooms are of adequate size
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed February 5, 2014

Me and my boyfriend stayed here in September and couldn't fault it. 5 minute walk from all the main attractions, some great bars and restaurants close to the hotel. Good wifi. Nicely decorated room. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Hayley F
Reviewed February 2, 2014

We were there in January and ... well, the rooms are cozy, the hotel personnel are friendly and helpful, breakfast is good, but this hotel has a huge problem: it has cockroaches. We saw two and called the receptionist to kill them. Had to check out and find another hotel the very next morning. I was terrified.
In addition to this, the carpets on the hallways were not very well cleaned either.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank adella10
arolando1, Responsabile reception at Hotel Siena, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Dear Mrs. Adella10,

we are very sorry about the inconvenience occurred to you during your stay at the Hotel Siena in Rome. At your arrival we upgraded to a superior room with jacuzzi bathtub in order to make your stay more confortable, but it did not help much.

We are very glad to know that you appreciate all the efforts made by our staff in order to satisfy your needs and we can assure you that concerning the carpet on the hallways it was due to a simply oversight by the chambermaid. As you can see from our reviews all our guests are extremely satisfied with the cleaning of the house.

In anyway we are taking the problem in big consideration and during the last days we checked and disinfest all the rooms in order to fix the inconvenience.

We hope that during your next visit in Rome you will think about giving us a new opportunity, offering us the chance to change your mind about the service.

Best regards

Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is perfectly located at walking distance from all major attractions. The staff is very friendly and very helpful. I stayed in room. 106. I felt the room was too tiny even for one person. But I guess this is quite common in Italy. Bed was very comfortable and breakfast was very rich. Thank you for everything!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 26, 2013

I ended up in one of the tiny single rooms at Hotel Siena, due to a "system issue" at the Hotel Delle Nazioni. It was at first upsetting to hear I'd not be staying at Delle Nazioni since it was highly recommended...but their staff had arranged my room at Siena a short three blocks walk away. Their bellhop walked me and my luggage to the Hotel Siena. As a jetlagged newbie to Rome it turned out to be a fine place. I was able to go out and enjoy walking Rome for hours, then came back and had a pleasant 12 hours of sleep. Yes, the bathroom is interestingly tiny. Otherwise it was a welcome upgrade from the airplane seat I'd slept in the night before - and the room was impecabbly clean and the space was designed so excellently! I don't know what the price would have been for the room, but I had a very good Expedia pre-paid rate at Delle Nazioni and that simply covered whatever the cost was at Hotel Siena. Breakfast was good, it included made to order espresso and a good selection (which is critical since I am gluten free and dairy free). I would go back here - depending on the rates. It is in just a perfect location.

Room Tip: Room was quiet at night despite foot traffic outside
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 7, 2013

HOTEL SIENA in Rome is a centrally located and was formerly a villa built in the 7th century. Hence, as a landmark very little modernization or reconstruction could be done. The bedroom was small but comfortable with a modern black and white motif. The bathroom on the other hand was so small that it made a cruise ship's bathroom look huge. I had to step into the shower stall sideways and I barely fit in the shower. The most interesting and stressful thing I experienced was trying to use the toliet. The joint toliet and bidet was a first. I have never seen one so small. I had to try to positioned
myself under the miniture sink to get to the toliet. I am not huge but this bathroom was designed for THIN folks of kids. At one point, I squeezed in and got stuck and started laughing, for it was the theater of the absurb. Fortunately, in the lobby there was a small bathroom which was a major improvement over the TORTURE CHAMBER bathroom upstairs.

The breakfast was good and the service was great. The hotel was in the center of the historic area and within walking distance of the Spanish steps. The Hop on Hop Off Bus was only three blocks away. There were several good reasonably priced restuarants within walking distance. The local music house was only three blocks away.
I enjoyed my stay at the Siena Hotel but definitely could have used a room with a LARGER bathroom. When I got to Milan, I stayed in the same chain hotel and fortunately the bathroom was large and comfortable.

Room Tip: Check the BATHROOM before unpacking.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is great. As others have said, it's position for sightseeing is second to none. Staff were courteous and our room was spotlessly clean. The hotel was quiet with a good selection for breakfast. Our room (321) was very small and that's why I haven't given it 5*. However, looking at the floor plan, it was clear that out room was the smallest so there definitely scope to get a bigger room if that's important to you. Having said that, our room did have a balcony which I'm pretty sure most of the others didn't have. I would definitely recommend this hotel and I would go there again.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple