“Great value for money.”
Review of Hotel Cambridge

Hotel Cambridge
Ranked #723 of 1,267 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed in quite a few hotels at different star ratings. This hotel I thought personally I got what I payed for.
I was in rome for four days and this hotel is only 5 min walk away from Termini station witch has great links to the tourist attractions and it is the most easiest tube station I've used. Also there are plenty of restuarants close by if you did not want to go far. The cafe across the road really good.
The staff were welcoming and very friendly. Also help us book some tours.
The room was good for you to have a shower and get your head down for the night or even if you on a business trip. They were cleaned daily and fresh towels although we did hang them up.
The only down side is the wi fi, but I do understand that they hoping to put it in all the rooms.
But overall I was happy with the service I had received and would be very happy to stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Pregel
There are newer reviews for Hotel Cambridge

Reviewed July 12, 2013

The hotel is a few blocks away from Termini and that is the only positive. The hotelroom was tiny, dank and dark. The window led into a small backyard filled with trash, and since it was on the first floor, the window stayed shut. The room reeked of cigarette smoke, even though my reservation was for a non smoking room. All my clothes reeked after the two night stay. When I tried to take it up with the staff, they barely bothered to check their computer to say they had no other rooms available. That was clearly a lie, since there were free rooms, they just didn't want to upgrade me, and blamed a previous guest for smoking in the room. The trashy semi nude nienties picture in the room added to the feeling of sleeping in a pay-by-the-hour motel. I would barely give this place one star.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Lindgren0407
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Got what we expected for the price.Room was clean, bit noisy overlooking front of hotel, may want to ask for one at the back. Ladies in breakfast room/cleaners very accommodating and friendly. Reception staff generally helpful. A bit reluctant to open bar and nowhere really to sit if you didn't want to be in your room. Overall good location, close to Termini for metro links. We had a wet room that does get very flooded, nowhere to hang anything inside either- I used to hair dryer hose and the bidet to keep things dry that I had taken in. Beds comfortable but only one pillow each, might have given extra if we had asked, clean towels everyday even if you hung them up.
Lots of local bars, cafe's and trattorias locally.

Room Tip: Don't get a room at front of hotel as noisy.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 25, 2013

First let me say that I'm an American living in Italy and I have stayed in MANY hotels in Rome. If you are visiting for the first time, let me explain something to you: hotels in Rome are not like hotels in America. The rooms are smaller, the bathrooms are very small, and the beds are hard. Double beds commonly are two twins pushed together. Air conditioning is not controlled by you in your room, nor is it uually frigid when on.This is the way it is.
Now with those parameters in mind, let me say that Hotel Cambridge was a great place to stay. The rooms were actually relatively large (by Rome's standards) and the bathroom was manageable. The beds were fine, a bit hard, but after a long day seeing the sights you won't even notice ;) The rooms were clean and wifi worked great in the computer room (not at all in the room). The mini bar prices were great and the staff was VERY friendly and helpful. They spoke great English too, which was lovely. The hotel is well within walking distance from Termini and not too bad to walk to major sights if you are a vigorous person. There a few good restaurants just down the street. Overall, I would definitely stay here again. Very pleased with my visit.

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank Jessie L
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I stayed a few nights .I'm usually tolerant to various standards in hotels . However-
the bathroom floor became dangerously slippy as it's a wet room for shower also .drainage very slow.The shower head flew off hose tube hitting my head when I began to use it -a very worn fitting.
The night porter spoke no English used duck tape to repair it unsuccessfully.Later on asisitant came on duty who spoke some English then got shower attachment from other room which worked.They had talked to each other only about what they were going to do.
The wi fi was not free for this hotel .A sign states the charges.
Room was clean .Breakfast area well looked after .Service staff there lovely.
I will prefer to look another hotel in the area next trip there.

Room Tip: shop around for fairer deal.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Not sure if i could stay here again, many hotels in this area. i would say this is a 2-4 star hotel.
the room was clean and basic. free breakfast, ladies in the breakfast room was the best part of our stay..

Good location to the train station, but many more hotels much closer. many people in the breakfast room so the hotel seems to be busy. we stayed here due to the cost per night. we needed the room for showering and sleeping only. As we walked back and forth from the station to our hotel we noticed many full signs in many of the hotels we passed. this seems to be a busy strip so if you are thinking of staying here, do your research and book early.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights, very clean rooms, however a warning, the stepup to the bathtub is about 2 feet so getting in and out can be tricky, not sure if this was the same in all rooms. Breakfast was basic but good, the ladies in the breakfast room were always very nice. Rosa was at reception when we got there, she was very nice. Lucia the other person at reception was ok, not very friendly but answered our questions. There is a lift which made it easy to get our luggage to our room. Easy 10 minute walk to Termini. Restaurants near by, we always felt safe walking back after dinner. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family