“Our first trip”

Ranked #824 of 1,258 Hotels in Rome
Nuneaton, United Kingdom
“Our first trip”
Reviewed March 26, 2014

We stayed here for 4 nights 21.3.14 till 25.3.14.
I would class this more of a B&B than a 3star Hotel. Great place for Location clean and tidy. The double rooms arent very big and after having a nosey around I know that they do have different sized double rooms.Tv is limited only 2 English Channel both News Channels. Its always nice to have a music channel when getting ready. They dont offer Room Service and theres also no tea and Coffee Facilities. If I visit Rome again I would choose another Hotel as there are plenty in the same area.

Room Tip: ask to see your room first before checking in properly
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lmorris16

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Saratoga Springs, New York
Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Embassy for six nights. If you are looking for a cookie cutter hotel, this place is not for you. This hotel provides nice guest accommodations in a great neighborhood. In addition the staff go out of their way to help you. Not a luxury palace, but value for money, one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Ethis1196
Cleethorpes, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 6, 2014

On the 28 February I checked in to the Embassy Hotel. Arriving late in the evening I was greeted by a member of staff who was very friendly and curteous. The outside of the hotel does not portray the inside. The rooms are immaculate . Because it was my first time to Rome I was a little concerned that I did not know where I was but the staff soon put me at my ease and were very helpfull with supplying information for the tourist spots. The hotel is near the Trevi Fountain and Spanish steps. about two streets away you can pick up the tour bus that takes you round Rome and you can hop on and off. Travelling on my own I felt very secure at the hotel and will certainly go back to stay there again.

The breakfast was excellent and the lady who assisted with things was very pleasant. Very healthy breakfast. Overall I had a wonderful experience for my first trip to Rome and I put that down to the very friendly staff. The value of the cost of the room for three days was excellent.

There is a lift and I was on the third floor. I will be back (Pauline)

Room Tip: You expect noise in any big city but I found the hotel was reasonably quiet. I also slept well
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
4 Thank 24HappyTraveller401
Woodbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Il start by saying how shocked I am that this hotel has any negative reviews!!!!

What do you people expect? If you dont pay Hilton money then you dont get a Hilton hotel.
Yes its in a shared building but it has its very own reception & luggage holding area for when you leave, which I may add is completely free as is the wifi.

The Wifi is is free and covers the entire building.. but seriously why go to Rome and worry about Wifi?! I read a review where they had marked the hotel down because the Wifi was a bit slow!!! Seriously what is wrong with these people, your on holiday Wifi is nice but its not the be all & end all!

The staff were extremely knowledgeable and very helpful, they arranged a trasnfer too and from the airport for us which was extremely good value.

The rooms are great, all very clean and most seemed to be a good size, however having stayed in Rome several times I know most rooms arent that big and the same goes here.. space is at a premium in Rome.. deal with it.

The rooms are cleaned every day and the bedding is also changed every couple of days, plenty of towels and the cleaners are very respectful of your won items left in the room. However the rooms all have a safe if you feel the need. Minibar was well stocked and well priced. The shower was hot and powerful and contrary to other reviews they are no smaller than a shower at home! Beds were very comfortable and we even had a nice little balcony.
Yes there is a bit of noise from outside... but your in one of the biggest cities in Europe, do you really expect it to be completely silent all night long?!

My only real complaint here would be that the rooms have no tea & coffee making facilites but this wasnt a major issue.

The location was also good.. 10 minutes walk from the Termini & 30 minutes from the trevi fountain, Spanish steps and the Coliseum. Or you can simply take the Metro to all the sights. Personally we preffered walking around, we found some great places purely by luck.

Well worth the money we paid and I would certainly not hesitate to stay here again!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Ryan J
Rome, Italy
Reviewed December 26, 2013

What s better of few days in Rome for Christmas ?
So we arrived on 23rd and was springtime, was 22°, The Hotel is well located, 900mt to Spanish steps throught Via Sistina (Stair's upper Part )
Mr David in Reception is perfect ! Good Suggestions for nightlife and art, pubs and museums ! Great taste in Style !
So, he organized few hours in north Area of Villa Borghese, Gallery of modern Art, Zoo, Galleriua Borghese and Maxxi !
Wonderfull places, in a quite a residential area of Rome !
What about the Hotel ?
we'd a Room on 4th floor and was quite big and really unexpensive (about 80€ p day)
Good Breakfast buffet on 3rd and Reception services on ground 0.
Wifi is everywhere in the Hotel for free.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Catherine C
Timisoara, Romania
Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 3 nights at this hotel. It is located very close to Termini and Republica which makes it easy to get anywhere around Rome.
Our biggest complain is the breakfast which only consists of pastry, yogurt, milk and coffee.
We had our towels and bed sheets changed every day so that was good.
As a conclusion I think I will look for something else next time.

greece
Reviewed December 12, 2013

I traveled February 2012. I could say that this hotel is more like a 2 star hotel. If you wish luxury and elegance decoration well this hotel is not for you!!
The building is minimum 20-25 years old but considering that almost all hotels are old in Rome, this is acceptable. Rooms are simple and clean. Breakfast is from average to good.
If after the long walks and the sight-seeings all you need is a clean bed and a clean bathroom, then this is a very good choice. Rooms have enough space for you and your luggage.
Finally, if you know Italian, stay will be easier for you since not all Italians speak very well English! (most of them not at all!!!!)
Useful tip: If you are planning a not group vacation, buy a map and study it very well. Italians are not very helpful with tourists even if you speak their language......

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple