“Excellent Location, neat & clean with very pleasant & helpful staff”
Review of Residenza Cellini

Residenza Cellini
Ranked #44 of 1,258 Hotels in Rome
Toronto, Canada
“Excellent Location, neat & clean with very pleasant & helpful staff”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Being a contributor to tripadvisor I decided to use my fellow contributors advice to guide me in booking for a short getaway to Rome. I read the reviews about the hotel, and I must say it was all true:
- Location is excellent: literally on top of the metro station and around the corner from the bus station
- Staff are great: very helpful, knowledgable and pleasant at all times
- Clean and spacious: for European small city hotels; the Cellini's Junior suite was very spacious and comfortable
- Good value for money: coming in the low season, check the hotel's different offers
- Small and personal: I usually stay in business hotels, so this was a great change, but if you need to do business, there is also wi fi for free 24x7...

Excellent job, keep it up....will definitely come back again...

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LB1313

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Hong Kong
Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

Hotel is in a quiet backstreet 5 minutes walk from metro and 10 minutes from Termini, in a building shared with about 4 other hotels. There's only a small plaque next to the door to let you know you've found it. The TA map position is about 80m out, showing it in the wrong street. A taxi from the airport is ?48, so it's probably worth the extra ?7 for the hotel "limousine" to meet you and take you straight to the door.
The rooms (we stayed in a junior suite) are spacious with high ceilings and recently renovated to a high standard, with very comfortable (soft) KS bed and quality linen. An individual air-con gives you (not the hotel) control of temperature. Dozens of Sky TV channels are available on the small flat screen, although it's a bit clunky to change the audio to English.
Included breakfast is basic continental, with nothing hot (not even toast), but is enough to get you going.
Fast, free WiFi is a bonus.
Probably stay here next time I'm in Rome.

1 Thank 330driver
Castle Rock, Co.
Reviewed December 1, 2012

My wife and I spent 3 nights at the Residenza Cellini after a 15 day cruise in September. We had a junior suite with a little deck that opened to the plaza. The hotel was beautiful and the staff was always ready to please. I'd go back there in a heart-beat. The location worked for us. It was our first visit to Rome. There were great things to see close by. We also figured out the buses and subway quick. The room was beautiful and large. We enjoyed the space after spending 15 days in a ships cabin. The elevator was a little quirky, but very charming. The staff was great. When we arrived our room wasn't ready but we just hung out on the patio area and were brought something to drink. The day we left the staff helped us with our massive amount of luggage (We had packed for a cruise with many formal nights etc.). When I tried to tip them they refused and said "you don't tip friends".

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MattCCastleRock_Co_
Houston, Texas
Reviewed November 27, 2012

We stayed the week of Thanksgiving. The Junior Suite was a great fit for the 3 of us. Frequently in Europe the bed for the 3rd person is a pull-out couch, here it was a twin sized bed so my son was able to get a much better nights sleep. Even with a king sized bed and a twin bed there was plenty of room and an in-room safe. The staff and owner were wonderful. We were given a complimentary bottle of wine on the terrace since we had a "long stay" and rather than excluding my son they provided a glass of soda! They arranged a car service for us for our travel to and from the airport. When we told them we would be leaving at 4am they offered to bring breakfast to our room which was completely unexpected.
The location is fantastic. It is very close to the subway, bus, and train. However, we went almost everywhere on foot as it is such a central location. There are plenty of places to eat near the hotel and even a grocery store is very close.
I would highly recommend and definitely stay here again!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank jantshields
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Spent thanksgiving in Rome with the family at Residenza Cellini and it was fantastic! My parents got a junior suite with a balcony, my brother and his wife and my girlfriend and I both had bedrooms with king beds and jacuzzi showers. The hotel staff was friendly, incredibly helpful and there 24/7. We were able to check in to our rooms early when we landed which was a big help. While we were there it was my girlfriend's birthday and the owner treated us to spumanti wine and cookies on the terrace for her birthday. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The breakfast wasn't extensive, but it was very nice and always fresh. Location is great - you can walk to the Spanish steps and the Trevi fountain.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Stayed here with my partner mid Oct. for 5 nights. It was my first visit to Rome and I loved it mainly because the heat was low 20's each day - in the summer I'm sure it gets unbearably hot and not so nice for touring. We had a lovely stay in the hotel and as mentioned by others the staff are all great. The rooms are very nice - as mentioned by a few others the bathrooms are small - well the bathrooms are fine but the shower facility can be very tight. I'm a slim guy and there wasn't much room in the shower once I got in because of this shower jet thing going on that makes the space even smaller. These really should be taken out and the shower would probably be OK size wise. there was a problem with the shower head when we arrived - i reported it the next morning when we left and when we arrived back that evening a new one had been fitted. Good service. Air con worked well and was quiet. The breakfast was fine but again as noted by 1 or 2 could do with more variety even some eggs or tomato/cucumber etc. Nice veranda area for chilling out. WiFi worked perfectly throughout the 2 floors. We stayed on floor 5 which I would imagine is quieter than floor 3. The rate for central Rome in peak season (Oct) is very good approx €180 per room for a double with b/fast after cash and long stay discount. The place is spotlessly clean. Once you have researched the building in advance there wont be any surprises as in you will know its a shared building. A building with some old world charm - small door entrance, old lift etc) Its nicer to stay here than some purpose built facility as its more of an experience in old Rome. Location is perfect 3 minute walk to metro maybe a 7-10 minute walk to Termini. Donato is very very helpful and charming, I believe he may be the manager or one of the owners but is a very pleasant Italian and always ready for a chat and has near perfect English. Rome is lovely 2 things though make sure you book Vatican & Coliseum in advance or you will be waiting hours. Plenty of forums on Trippy re advance booking. Below the hotel approx 30 seconds away is a nice restaurant where we ate twice - great menu and reasonable for Rome. Also there are some very nice restaurants off the streets off Via Modena very near the hotel - maybe 5 minutes away. Also across from the hotel on Via Modena is a church that holds concerts now and again - check with the hotel they may have some details on it. If I was back in Rome which I hope I will be I will stay here again - the location really cannot be beaten. Also, if getting a taxi from the airport the fares are set at €30 from Campino and €45 I believe from the other one.

Room Tip: I would say floor 5 is quieter than floor 3
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank max29
Santa Rosa, California
Reviewed November 22, 2012

We recently had the good fortune of staying at the Resindeza Cellini in early November.
The Rick Steves guide book accurately described and recommended this small but lovely
hotel. It was located central to all the attractions that were important to us,, Spanish stairs,
trevi Fountain, Metro Station. The staff at the hotel was always friendly and very helpful.
They went out of their way to help us with a tour company, restaurant recommendations.
The breakfast that was provided was delicious..pastries, meats, cheeses, fruit, cereal, breads,
juices, coffee, teas....We had an early tour we had to get to and they started the breakfast
a bit early to accomodate us. The rooms are small but quite adequate and if you can afford
to reserve the jr. suite..it is a charming room and the size is much better. The building itself
has an old fashioned cage lift,,,tiny but again it adds to the charm of the building. I would definately stay here again and recommend the Residenza Cellini to friends and family.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple