Hotel Diana Roof Garden
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$649
Travelocity
$321
$303
1,801 results
All reviewstrain stationrooftop restaurantwithin walking distancenear terminilovely hotelmini barhop on hop off buscity breakmajor attractionsmain sightsrooms are smallcold meatsmin walktriple roomtrevi fountainpastriesaround the corner
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 9, 2013

I stayed in March and the roof top garden wasn't open yet, which was disappointing. The front desk was not friendly, but I thought the breakfast staff was very friendly. Everyone smiled with our group and said good morning, answered questions as best they could, etc. The food was fantastic I thought. The bartender in the evening was also nice. I stayed in a single room. It's not very big, showers are tiny, bathrooms as well. But it served it's purpose.

All in all, my stay there was pretty good. Not on par customer service wise with what I'm used to at hotels, but it was okay with everything else.

Room Tip: The lights work by inserting your key into the slot on the wall.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank JesHbg
Reviewed November 21, 2013

I got married 3 months ago and my husband and I chose Rome for our honeymoon. When we arrived to the hotel, 1 person out of 3 at the front desk spoke English and the bellboys didn't understand at all. So it was really hard to communicate! Upon our arrival to our room I was shocked by how much the room was small as well as the bathroom (we were expecting at least a better and romantic room!) they dont do anything special for honeymooners. ps: when our travel agency reserved, they wrote to the hotel that we are on our honeymoon. We changed rooms but all rooms are the same size. Diana hotel is so NOT a place to stay in during your honeymoon! The staff really needs to learn english more! We were really disappointed. However the roof garden is great and overlooks Rome and the location was also good.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Rawan M
Reviewed November 21, 2013

The hotel is impossible to find, front desk is stuffy, unfriendly and unamused by first time visitors to Rome. By the way, I found so many helpful, friendly, courteous Romans, it was a sharp contrast to the atmosphere at Hotel Diana Roof Garden. The Roof Garden was inconsistently open, lobby bar/restaurant had short hours for food - I believe the kitchen closes early and only microwavable fare is available. The room I reserved online by picture and the room I got were also nowhere near the same - and to the negative. Wifi difficult to access even in the lobby.

There are so many places to choose from in Rome that can offer you much more, I would not settle for mediocre here.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank cs2468
Reviewed November 21, 2013

I had read some negative reviews on here so was a bit sceptical about how this hotel would actually be. I have to say that the negative reviews are unfounded in my eyes! The hotel was very near to the Termini which takes you straight from/to the airport, staff were friendly, helpful & very smiley. Room was big, clean and they give you a couple of free bottles of water, a can of pop and a bag of crisps for free each day in the minibar. The only issue we had was when they checked out our room key before 10am on the day of our checkout but this was resolved with not too much trouble. Also, we were on the delivery alley side and it was a bit noisy around 6am but this was not a major problem. Hotel is in a good location & there are lots of nice, cheap places to eat nearby. I would recommend a place called Cotto which was about two streets away. Lovely food and staff!

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the street where you enter the hotel
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Sarah M
Reviewed November 18, 2013

My wife and I had visited Rome only once before many years ago. Back then we picked a more central location for the main attractions but this had the disadvantage of being further from the station than we'd have liked (because it's so easy to get from the airport by train).
I selected the Diana Roof Garden hotel on the basis that it was closer to the station and because it must be one of the few hotels (still relatively close to the centre) where we could enjoy breakfast on a roof terrace with a view. We weren't necessarily interested in facilities on offer during the day or whether the evening dining was fine - the hotel was essentially a comfortable crash pad to sleep at night and hopefully somewhere pleasant to have breakfast in the morning before each long day of sight-seeing etc. In this respect the hotel was great and I don't recall being disturbed by outside noise once. We all slept extremely well.
We selected one of the hotel's apartment type rooms (2 bedrooms, bathroom and a kitchen) although on arrival we were offered either this room or another which swapped the kitchen for another bathroom - we opted for the latter and it made even more sense.
The 'apartment' was plenty big enough for our stay (me, my wife and 18 yr old daughter - would be a great choice for families with small children also) and was kept clean and tidy by the maids.
A nice touch was the complimentary refreshments in the room (instant tea and coffee along with a pack of crisps, water and a soft drink) not because I begrudge paying for refreshments or room service, it's just nice to have them on hand after a long day walking the streets.
Breakfast was also absolutely fine, made all the more enjoyable if taken on the rooftop garden.
Based on other reviews and our own experience, I think the biggest single factor which prevents higher ratings (and it doesn't do too badly in any event) is that the staff don't appear to be overly friendly or, seemingly, that happy. It's a pity because what they're actually doing is quite effective.
On the whole, I believe the hotel offers really good value for money and if I was looking for something which provided a sensible balance between comfort (rather than luxury) and cost then I reckon I'd struggle to find something any better in Rome. It seems a shame that it's just the lack of a few smiling faces which would be all that's needed for an even better presence.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family