Hotel Diana Roof Garden
$217
$179
CrownePlaza.com
  • Pool
Hotel Nord Nuova Roma(Rome)(Great Value!)
$186
$357
$344
TripAdvisor
1,800 results
All reviewstrain stationrooftop restaurantwithin walking distancenear terminilovely hotelmini barhop on hop off buscity breakmajor attractionsmain sightsrooms are smallcold meatsmin walktriple roomtrevi fountainpastriesaround the corner
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is not very far from Fumicino airport.
Centrally located.
Walking distance to the bus & train station (eventhough didn't give it a try ....).
The same street has a lot of restaurants & shops.
It's not a huge hotel.
Single rooms reserved for me were a bit squeezed; yet clean.
The breakfast restaurant is not very large also. Simple breakfast served.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank salibarania
Reviewed October 3, 2013

I had a reservation for 1 night, Thursday 26 September. I had booked it on the "free cancellation 8% off" offer. I was in Rome for a few days 19-22, then flying to Genoa, then maybe returning to Rome for one night.

My plans changed, and I did not need the Hotel Diana Roof Garden for the night of Thursday 26 September. Their cancellation rules stated on the reservation form I had taken with me: "cancellations must be made directly to the hotel at least 48 hours before your expected arrival time". What could possibly go wrong?

I visited the hotel in person on Saturday 21st September to cancel, 5 days beforehand. The receptionist refused to accept my cancellation - I had booking reference, passport etc with me. She was arrogant, rude, dismissive. She told me I must cancel online through the ticket agency I had used. I pointed out I had booked directly through the hotel's own website! She said that made no difference. Their website routed via an agency and it was through them I must cancel.

I regarded my walking into the hotel in person was meeting their criteria "cancellations should be made directly to the hotel". They did not!

I told her I did not have a pc with me. That was, apparently, my problem. Though she did haughtily say I could use the hotel computer "over there" ..... er, why could she not do it herself?! She had my name on the system for the night in question and reference number! How hard could it be for them to cancel?

She told me I would have to come back on Monday and see the manager to see if he would accept the cancellation in person. "you have plenty of time before the 48 hours" she said, haughtily. No possible thought that maybe I would not be in the vicinity of the hotel that day, or even if I was, that I would want to make a second trip there.

I left in despair. I texted a friend in UK. He could make no sense of how to use their website to cancel the booking, and he had my details and reference number. But I gave him the hotel's email address, he emailed them, and they emailed on Monday to say my cancellation was accepted. No hint of an apology from them.

Had they had availability, I would have stayed there for my 4 nights 19-22 Sept. Luckily they didn't. Maybe the hotel is fine if you stay, I don't know.

But i would advise in the strongest possible terms not to make any booking at a rate advertising "free cancellation". They will put you through hell should you need to use the cancellation option.

A year ago I stayed at the StarHotel Metropole across the road for 6 days and it was superb. They were full this year, so I could not stay there. But I walked in to say hello to one friendly receptionist I recalled fondly - and I got a huge welcome, he remembered me. Quite a contrast.

I will never go near the Hotel Diana Roof Garden in future. AVOID. You can not trust them not to make life hell for you.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank charles r
Reviewed October 1, 2013

My Mum and I stayed here in July. Found it be in a great location. Reception staff oredered a few taxis for us. Not sure if they were working together, but the taxi drivers always seemed to take us the long way round. Never happened when we found our own taxi. Staff were polite and courteous to us. Rooftop Garden restaurant was lovely and had a nice view of the city. Good eateries and easy to find your way around Rome. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Emma A
Reviewed September 28, 2013

The only thing that you can benefit from is the location since it is located next to the subway and train station. Other than that, do not even ask for service. The breakfast buffet is unacceptable. If you are looking for an employee at breakfast, just try to chase the loud voices that annoys you in the morning since those people scream in the morning when talking to each others. The only person who approaches you is a kind trainee. The rooms are so small to the point that you can barely move.
I do not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank JJTraveller7785
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I truly hope a manager is reading this because I would like to think they will take my feedback on board.

I am from Ireland and I stayed in the hotel 2 weeks ago and was very much looking forward to my first-time-visit to Rome, and the hotel looked very nice from the website.

In truth, the hotel itself isn't that bad. It is clean, comfortable with a nice breakfast and good location to Termini station, this providing easy access to the rest of the city.

However, the customer service and general staff behaviour was appalling. The check-in staff were curt and ignorant - slapping my room key onto the counter and not providing any details about breakfast or hotel amenities. For a 4-star hotel this was a surprise. My room wasn't registered until over 3 hours later, so I couldn't use the internet. I noticed later they were much more friendly with an elderly American couple, giving them discount vouchers for drinks at the bar and so on. I sincerely hope that it wasn't because I was perceived as a young English-speaking traveller, on my own and therefore without any money. Regardless, this is how it felt at the time.

However, upon going to the roof-top bar, it got even worse. The man behind the bar was discourteous, arrogant and obnoxious. He was very aggressive when speaking to me ("What do you want?"). In some ways, i was thankful that it wasn't just me this time - he was also astonishingly ignorant to a group of old people trying to order some drinks and enjoy themselves. This person also engaged with a heated discussion with the other staff, so all-in-all it was a very unpleasant experience. So much so, that myself and my colleagues, who were previously going to order some food there, decided that we wouldn't spend any more money than we had to in the hotel, and went elsewhere for the night.

There are many things to enjoy in Rome, but Diana Roof Garden is not one of them. If people ask about where I stayed, I will never recommend this hotel. In fact, I will actively discourage people from coming here. I often wonder why people, who obviously have little time or patience for other people, work in customer-facing roles such as this. It is clear that hotels like this are very fortunate to have Rome as their selling point.

In conclusion, I would like to advise the hotel this ... it costs nothing to be polite and friendly, but the lack of such things is priceless.

Room Tip: Very busy location in the morning, so try and get a room on higher floors. It won't get rid of all the noise, but it may help.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business