“I love the staff and owner of this place. Awesome”
Review of Hotel Ducale

Hotel Ducale
Ranked #734 of 1,269 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I was having a hard time finding my hotel (hotel 1-2-3) and the receptionist there was really rude and wasn't helpful when I told him multiple times after looking I couldn't find "hotel 2". After about 10 minutes of walking in circles the owner of ducal seen me and tried to help me find my hotel too. He even brought me down and asked his receptionist. Unfortunately they didn't know where it was at either. However they were so friendly and nice I asked for a room there instead. I lost money on the other hotel but it was worth it because the staff and owner are so lovely. Place is clean. 24/7 entry. Free wifi and breakfast. Only downside is that it is a bit of a walk from the termini- further than I expected and with luggage it really sucks. I was too intimidated to take the bus on my first day but I hear the bus is just down the street and leaves you right there.

• Stayed: July 2013

Reviewed May 30, 2013

Fungus in the bath! I don't like it at all. Strange damp patches on the ceiling. Are they blind?
The hotel is not good for that money because of this dirty bath and so on. It is not so close to Termini, so it's uncomfortable to go there with your luggage. It's about 15 minutes walk to the nearest metro station. Actually the only good opinion is about that girl in the reception. She was very polite, told us many useful things about public transport in Rome and places of interest.
Please, make this room clean and I'll come back, otherwise...

Room Tip: Don't go there.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Pashaslon
Reviewed April 16, 2013

We booked in advance and when we arrived late (1am) our room (hotel was fully booked!) was waiting for us nice and clean. Warm welcome, efficient, we got wifi and outdoor key-code immediately upon arrival without having to ask. We stayed 4 nights in the upper room. Room was clean, all basic needs, and comfortable. Small (empty) minibar was very handy. There was an air-co machine but we did not have to use it (windows were easy to open). Also an electric safe for passports etc. in the room. Bed was fine and bathroom was very clean and practical, with bathtub. Room was cleaned daily, new towels if used, and this was very pleasant after a full day walking trip. Supermarket around the corner. Easy access to Rome tourist sites by walking (c. 20-30 min to Colosseum), bus, metro, tram very near hotel. Hotel not far from termini station either (15 min by foot). Breakfast was good, plenty with several options; 3 types of bread, 2 types of cake, boiled eggs, salami, cheese, yogurt, cornflakes, fruit salad, hot milk, thee, coffee and more. Staff was friendly and very helpful, well-spoken English, and this was true for all 4 staff members we met. Payment with creditcard was helpful and done with a pin-machine. We have had no complaints at all. However, we can't compare this hotel with others in the same price range because we only stayed in Rome once. Nevertheless, we think it was a great deal. We sincerely recommend Hotel Ducale. Dusan & Lorena, April 2013.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dusan B
Reviewed April 6, 2013

I chose Hotel Ducale because I was only staying one night in Rome after spending my time in Tuscany. Hotel Ducale is very clean and convenient to Rome Termini and you can take the train from there to the airport for only 14 euros. It is about a 15 minute walk from Termini but if you have luggage, I suggest a cab. It only cost me 10 euros going and 8 going back to Termini.

The staff is VERY nice and helpful. They assisted me in where to go for dinner and a map of Rome. I was able to walk from the Hotel to the Colosseum, Trevi, Spanish Steps and back (about a 6 mile roundtrip walk but I wanted to do that)

The only bad thing is that there is no elevator which made heavily packed bags hard to get to the room (up on the 3rd floor.) It was also a bit noisy but that is nothing that the Hotel can do, it was more outside traffic and guests who had no consideration of their thumping up and down the stairs.

I would stay at Hotel Ducale again if I was on a quick trip to Rome.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Jessica G
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Great and friendly services, awesome communication with client, good localization (near to Termini Station, two metro stations nearby, direct tram to Coloseum), clean rooms and nice breakfast. Best choice for this price. Highly recomanded!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Room Tip: "Rooms are small so it's better to take aditional bed for a child.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Turystka543
Reviewed March 1, 2013

I was in this hotel and is very nice , clean,in center of Rome , near the metro ,and more restaurant in this area but "il tempio di minerva " very very good
Willy is the number one !!!!!!!
Super hotel highly raccomanded!!!!-))))))))))))))))))))))))))

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Дарья М
Reviewed February 27, 2013

A really lovely hotel within walking distance of Termini station, the rooms were spotless and the breakfast very nice, the staff were fantastic so friendly and helpful would definitly recommend this hotel

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends