1,627 results
All reviews rocco forte concierge staff garden bar beautiful hotel the piazza del popolo spanish steps heart of rome luxury hotel borghese gardens place to stay in rome eternal city the location is perfect junior suite mario roman euro marble
Selected filters
Reviewed June 8, 2019

Top of the
Beautiful hotel and setting with exceptional service perfect location. attentive staff everything done with style and grace Rooms are inviting and beds are wonderful a special hotel experience

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed June 4, 2019

Hotels worldwide nowadays are really tightening their game to ensure that they counter the overwhelming competition. We had an opportunity to visit Hotel de Russie, one of the best hotels Rome has to offer. The concierge knows its work and each individual coordinates very well with the rest of the team ensuring that your stay at this hotel is a memorable one. Although their recommendation for Motlo restaurant was a lot disappointing and should do a better job in recommending places.
The hotel has a fabulous gym equipped with the latest gadgets, free weights and weight machines, along with a full range of cardiovascular equipment. My breakfast was always exciting as each day as I would be treated to all diet buffet on the terrace that caressed my zest. All thanks to Mario, who ensures that visitors and guests are well catered for. At night, the transformation the hotel undergoes is stunning; with a cocktail bar and awesome crowd coming into place.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 30, 2019

I have had the good fortune to stay in some wonderful luxury hotels around the world, and the Hotel de Russie is among the very best. In particular, the concierge team is superb. I had a couple of challenging requests during my stay, and they delivered beyond my expectations. For example, I had planned poorly for a day trip to Florence and while all the “skip the line tickets” to see the statue of David were completely sold out through my travel agent and online, the concierge was able to arrange special passes for us through their sister property in Florence, the beautiful Hotel Savoy. We were able to breeze in and enjoy this experience, while maximizing our short time in Florence. Their connections at Hotel Savoy also allowed us to have a homebase during our time in Florence, and we were well taken care of with umbrellas, phone charging, etc.

The hotel itself is absolutely gorgeous. In particular, the lovely courtyard at the center of the hotel is a beautiful gem. Each day we would enjoy the excellent breakfast buffet on the terrace. The restaurant is benevelontly ruled by Mario, who started our days with genuine warmth. The kindness he showed my children each day was so heartfelt. In the evenings, the courtyard it transforms into one of the coolest cocktail bars in the city, with excellent people watching.

Our rooms were spacious and very beautiful. Since we were traveling with our teenage children, we had 2 rooms, adjoined by a private alcove. A perfect set up for our family, with beautiful marble bathrooms, overlooking the quiet courtyard.

Service overall was so excellent and warm, and the doormen always greeted us with such kindness as we came and went, particularly the tall gentleman whose name I sadly can’t remember. And finally the hotel is situated in the best possible location, in the heart of an upscale shopping and dining area, and walking distance from the Trevi fountain and Spanish steps. A safe and beautiful area to explore.

Service at this level of luxury property can be hard to define, but ultimately it translates into how it makes you feel. Overall, the Hotel de Russie just made our family feel very special. I wouldn’t consider even staying anywhere else while in Rome. Highly recommend.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank jillyp16
Reviewed May 29, 2019

We stayed here for one night as we were making our way from the south of Italy to head up to Florence. We were so grateful we only had to stay one night in this hotel. The people were hideous. You know, the kind of place that forgets you are paying to stay there. The snobbiness of the staff especially those working in the restaurant was remarkable. They were not attentive, they acted like they were doing us a big favor whenever they came to our table. Plus there are cats wondering around the restaurant that come right up to the table and tap your legs begging for food. The only good thing about this hotel is it is near the Spanish Steps and shopping. But with so many other choices in Rome, I would find some place else to stay.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 24, 2019 via mobile

My wife and I spent two nights at the Hotel de Russie in Rome and really enjoyed it. The hotel is located in a great part of turn. Close to a lot of sights and shopping hut not super busy out front like other luxury hotels. The staff is wonderful and we used the concierge for recommendations, Vatican tiggers and cars. All super helpful! The rooms are very nice and there’s a great spa with salt water baths, steam and sauna. There is also a wonderful restaurant and a beautiful outdoor courtyard with one of the best apertivo scenes in Rome. Great cocktails and snack. Highly recommend!

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple