“Bad start to trip”
Review of Piemonte Hotel

Piemonte Hotel
Ranked #433 of 1,271 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed June 18, 2013

My room was so small and the bed was the size of a cot. The bathroom shower was seriously small. I was kept awake both nights from the noise of other guests. I didn't care for the location and would not recommend hotel.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
sal-top, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Piemonte Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Dear Guest, thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay to Piemonte Hotel. I am extremely concerned to hear of the difficulties you encountered during your visit. Please rest assured that we have discussed every detail of your comment with the appropriate departments. I hope your recent experience will not deter you from considering Piemonte Hotel on a return visit to Rome and I would be most grateful for any opportunity to restore your faith in our hotel. Next Time, please, talk about us your dissatisfaction. After the first day we could change your room and and maybe now you would have a different opinion of the hotel. We hope to see you again here to make change your idea. Sincerely Yuri Dattola Public Relations Manager

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Stayed at Piemonte for one night after returning from Naples on our way back home. I wish I had stayed here the other nights we spent in Rome. Best location, close to Termini but without the crowded streets of the West side. Close to restaurants and coffee shops. Room is small as any in Rome but well laid out (our room was 101) AC was actually functional unlike other hotels. We had to leave early so they got us a cab to Fiumicino at 4:30am for 55 euros. Best money we spent after dealing with the shuttles before. Clean, good bathroom unlike others. If I had to return I would go back to Piemonte for sure.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest, many thanks for the time you have dedicated to post this review. How can i answer to this feedback? You make us feel like royalty with your words. We promise you to keep going in offering to all of you a different concept of hospitality. It's really difficult to find the right words to express my happiness and gratitude for such amazing description of your experience. I wish you the best and I hope to see you again for many other days. Best Regards Yuri Dattola Public Relations Manager

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Could not fault this hotel. Returned today after staying here for four days. Excellent location with easy access to buses trains metro system and airport transfer stop. We were in the annexe and after reading previous reviews was hoping we would be in main hotel. Really happy with room, annexe is fine and secure and extremely quiet. Maid service every day room was very clean and comfortable. Gentleman on the desk was very helpful and printed off our boarding passes (which I had forgotten to do before we left). Lots of eating places in the vicinity. Breakfast was what you would expect - continental style with plenty tea/coffee and juice. Would highly recommend this hotel. Been to Rome twice before and paid a lot more for hotel rooms which were nowhere near as good as this.

Room Tip: We were in room 8 in the annexe-very quiet
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
sal-top, Responsabile reception at Piemonte Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Dear Customers, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. It is great to hear how much you enjoyed your stay to Piemonte Hotel. Thank you for the detailed review of your recent stay to our Residence. It’s always a pleasure to hear how impressed our guests are with the personalized service our staff takes such great pride in. Thank you for recommending our Hotel, we hope to see you again! Sincerely Yuri Dattola Public Relations Manager

Reviewed May 28, 2013

My wife and I were in Rome back in June of 2012. We missed a few places because of our restricted time. We were able to go back and spend April 29 an 30 of 2013. To really cover Rome properly one would need years, it's just that fantastic. We picked the Piemonte Hotel because of its' proximity to the Termini railroad station. Our next trip would take us by rail to Florence on the 1st of May 2013..

The hotel is clean and our room on the first floor at the back was very quiet. For European standards the room was an acceptable size. The shower was a tight squeeze but about average for Rome. The breakfast was fine, with lots of cereals and cold cuts.

We would recommend this hotel as a great home base for trips into the historical sections of Rome. Many are within walking distance.

Room Tip: I'd recommend a room towards the rear of the hotel if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
sal-top, Responsabile reception at Piemonte Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Dear Guests, thank you for this great review and for taking time to write us here in TripAdvisor. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found our location very convenient. Feedback such as yours motivates us to continue to offer exceptional customer service to all our guests and strive for 100% guest satisfaction. We remember we have rooms with the showers and rooms with the bathtubs, next time tell us what kind of bathroom you prefer and we will glad to offer what you desire. We are really pleased to read that you would recommend to choose Piemonte Hotel, we hope to have another opportunity to serve you in the near future. Sincerely Yuri Dattola Public Relations Manager

Reviewed May 24, 2013

We flew into Rome on a Friday morning, just to stay one night before taking the train to Venice. I booked the Piemonte because of the location and price. We got an excellent deal and ended up paying just over 100 euro, including taxes and breakfast. Based on just value, I would rate the hotel 5/5.
I had emailed the front desk prior to our trip to let them know we'd be arriving about 1:00pm and would appreciate an early check in. They said no problem, and our room was ready when we arrived on foot, having taken the Leonardo Express from FCO airport to Termini Station. With a quick change of clothes and splash of water to the face, we headed back out to explore Rome in a whirlwind 6 hour walking tour. We made the quick 6-7 minute walk to Termini, got the Metro and were at the Vatican within 20 minutes. The location of the Piemonte was absolutely ideal for our plans and if you need a quick in/out from the city, I'd highly recommend it.
My only complaint was the paper thin walls and our exceptionally noisy & rude neighbours. I had requested a quiet room as I knew sleep would be difficult (vacation adrenalin)
If not for the other guests, I think the room would have been very quiet as we were facing a quiet courtyard to the back and a hallway on the front. However, the couple next door to us were very loud talkers and carrying on, giggling and shouting at each other, which was so loud they could have been right in the room with us. When the alarm went off in the morning, I kept slapping the clock to turn it off and only realized afterwards that it wasn't our alarm at all, but the one next door, which they let go on for 1/2 hour.

I would book the Piemonte again, but I'd make sure to have my earplugs and maybe speak to the front desk about potential room locations to avoid bad neighbours.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
sal-top, Responsabile reception at Piemonte Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2013

Dear Customers, thank you for sharing your experience to Piemonte Hotel. We agree that our location is one that cannot be beat and it’s just perfect for a speed trip like yours. You can easily reach every “must see” attractions with our public services. If you choose to come back to Piemonte Hotel for your next roman holiday, we will be happy to welcome you again and helping you (maybe changing your room) if you'll find other noisy neighbours. Please accept my sincerest apology and next time talk to the staff of your problems, there always someone 24hours in the desk that can help you! Best Regards. Yuri Dattola Public Relations Manager

Reviewed May 2, 2013

The hotel is about 300m away from Stazione Centrale.It can be therefore a bit noisy during the night. The rooms are quite small and look rather old-fashioned. Nevertheless, the hotel is suitable if you have to be at the station very late or early. A bit expensive for what it can offer, the food court is a little bit too small.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor because of the noise from the street
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
sal-top, Public Relations Manager at Piemonte Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Dear Guest, thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Piemonte Hotel. Surely, The location is our strength point, it’s also very useful to reach the most important attractions here in Rome and it could be noisy because of the pubs around here. We are so glad that you enjoyed the time here, some of our rooms are small but every rooms are so comfortable. Maybe next time you could reserve a bigger room. We’ll remember for our next guests to check our web site, where you can find special offers for short and long stay every day of the year. We hope to have that opportunity to welcome you back again. Yuri Dattola Public Relations Manager

Reviewed April 22, 2013

I traveled to Rome in April 2013. The Hotel was within my budget and I had chosen this hotel based on Tripadvisor ratings and proximity of the hotel to Rome Termini Station.

Rooms:
Basic rooms with good furniture and fixtures. Rooms are plain and not heavily decorated. Plain furniture matches the overall look and feel of the hotel. The rooms are adequately large. I stayed in a room which accommodated 3 people comfortably. In fact there were 2 TVs and an adjacent smaller room for the third person. The bathroom was ok.

Service:
Front desk was helpful and warm. There were able to converse comfortably in English. The hotel has free wifi, which is good. It also has a business centre for the guests. There were no issues with the service.

Location:
The hotel screams location. It is right next to the Termini Station. So in case you are planning to see Italy by train you can walk to the station in less than 5 minutes. Also, if you are transferring from the Fiumicino Airport to the station (via Leonardo Express) then it is an easy walk to the hotel. Remember to exit the station on your right. (Relative to the direction the trains enter the station) The Hop-on Hop-off tour buses also start from the Termini Station. So that is an added advantage.

Food:
Food was nothing to write home about. In fact they had the same breakfast menu every day. Which does lead to some boredom. Maybe the management should rotate certain items in the menu on a daily basis.

Overall a neat and well managed hotel, located in the heart of the city.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Dear Customer, thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Piemonte Hotel. It is wonderful receiving such a great review. We are happy you found your accomodation good, clean and comfortable. Now our rooms have brand new mattress and tvs with national and international channels. Thank you for remembering to tell everyone for our Free WiFi service in the room. Don’t forget we also offer free access with 2 devices in the lobby area. We are so glad you appreciate the kindness of our staff, we are always at your service. At last, thank you for the advices, surely they will be taken in consideration. We look forward to your return visit soon. Yuri Dattola Public Relations Manager