We too got the "Sorry, we can't give you a room" treatment and got sent to the Hotel Valle round the corner, which is their 3 star business. We were told that the Palazzo had had a flood so couldn't accommodate us. We had a room each, far apart, so highly unlikely they had both been flooded at the same time while other people were affected. Suspect they are double booking and then make use of the Valle. We were told that we couldn't get a refund or discount because we'd booked with ba.com.
When we did return to the Antico my room certainly wasn't very palazzo. The room was so cramped that the only way to use the desk was to sit on the edge of the bed -there was no room to use the chair. One socket near the bed didn't work, so when I wanted to use my phone charger, I had to shunt the heavy desk around to plug the phone into the socket behind it. The TV didn't work. The bin in the bathroom had the last person's rubbish still in it. There was no minibar. No safe either. The breakfast room was also cramped and the breakfast dull. Bed, though, was comfortable in both the Antico and the Valle. And the bells of Santa Maria Maggiore which ring every quarter hour don't ring at night, thank goodness!
I go to Rome at least once a year and won't be staying here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Antico Palazzo Rospigliosi is a 4 stars hotel located inside an ancient building from Renaissance Time (1600), facing on the beautiful Square of Santa Maria Maggiore, in front of the main Basilica. The hotels is 2 minutes walking from the Central Station of Roma Termini, final destination for all shuttle buses from airports, here there are all bus lines and the 2 metro lines A/B. From the hotel it is easy to reach by walking the Colossuem and Imperial Forum, and a little be far away the Spanish Steps and the main Via del Corso. The hotel has 39 rooms, elegantly furnished an equipped with a/c, television, minibar, safe and free wifi. Room categories available are: classic doubel, deluxe double, multiple rooms and Junior Suite. On request the hotel provides bar service and room service. Inside the building there is a maginificent internal garde with sofa and umbrellas where you can comfortably read a book or drink something; furthermore there is a Church from 1600 and a library room, provided also for meetings and conferences. The hotel serves the breakfast in the breakfast room or in the rooms on request, and our staff is available 24/24 for any information. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Agoda, Priceline and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Antico Palazzo Rospigliosi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Antico Palazzo Rospigliosi Rome
- Antico Palazzo Rospigliosi Hotel Rome