We stayed for 3 nights and the hotel is beautiful and full of history and in a fantastic location but unfortunately the facilities let the hotel down. After having a first shower there was a leak in the bathroom which was reported immediately and was told by reception that this would be looked at by the bell boy, apart from being mopped each morning by the maid this was'nt fixed during our stay - hopefully this will of been done ready for the next guest!!!!. The food available for breakfast was ok but dont look forward to enjoying a nice HOT cup of tea or coffee with your brekkie as this was stone cold even though we were down for breakfast each morning just after the resturant was opened. As for the bar i dont think this exsists, we were told the bar maid was'nt available and we could use our mini bar which consisted of 2 bottles of water and a very small bottle of campari soda!!!!!. Due to the history of the hotel it makes an interesting stay in Rome especially being so close to the Colossum and just a short way away from the other sights but dont expect too much of the facilities. The saving grace was the balcony that was across the hall from our room, it looked out onto the well kept courtyard and was very pleasant to sit out on.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Antico Palazzo Rospigliosi is a 4 stars hotel located inside an ancient building from Renaissance Time (1600), facing on the beautiful Square of Santa Maria Maggiore, in front of the main Basilica. The hotels is 2 minutes walking from the Central Station of Roma Termini, final destination for all shuttle buses from airports, here there are all bus lines and the 2 metro lines A/B. From the hotel it is easy to reach by walking the Colossuem and Imperial Forum, and a little be far away the Spanish Steps and the main Via del Corso. The hotel has 39 rooms, elegantly furnished an equipped with a/c, television, minibar, safe and free wifi. Room categories available are: classic doubel, deluxe double, multiple rooms and Junior Suite. On request the hotel provides bar service and room service. Inside the building there is a maginificent internal garde with sofa and umbrellas where you can comfortably read a book or drink something; furthermore there is a Church from 1600 and a library room, provided also for meetings and conferences. The hotel serves the breakfast in the breakfast room or in the rooms on request, and our staff is available 24/24 for any information. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Antico Palazzo Rospigliosi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Antico Palazzo Rospigliosi Rome
- Antico Palazzo Rospigliosi Hotel Rome