“Very cute hotep”

Hotel Emona Aquaeductus
Ranked #449 of 1,272 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed June 24, 2012

We stayed there only for one night. Room with double bed, nicely decorated, not so big but is okay if you just want to sleep. Room and bathroom were really clean. Hotel has an small elevator.
Breakfast included which consisted of yogurt, toasts, cereals, orange juice and some fruits.
The staff was helpful and kind. Charming garden outside, a nice place to relax in the evening.
We decided to walk from Termini train station to the hotel, it's about 20 minutes walk. Wasn't such a good idea! Street Giovanni Giolitti is dirty (multiples used syringes on the street..). We took a taxi the next day (3 euros + 2 euros for the luggages).
Would go back there again for a short stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank meg6199

Reviewed June 12, 2012

This hotel is quite quirky and I found myself really enjoying my stay there despite it's shortcomings. The room (a double) was really tiny, as was the en-suite, and I would no way rate it as 4 star. But that said, the bed was comfortable and we had a great nights sleep. The very charming garden with tables and chairs was a lovely, peaceful place, and we enjoyed sitting there in the evening and having a quiet drink - away from the hussle and bussle of central Rome.
Be warned that the hotel is at least a 20 minute walk from the station so was a bit of a trek with a lot of luggage.
The staff were pleasant enough, the breakfast was adequate, really nothing to rave about except that garden - and for that alone, I would return. I fell in love with it!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mocampion
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Nice balcony, mini bar, clean rooms. Breakfast albeit subjective was not great at all. Staff most helpful indeed.

Room Tip: Book room number 33!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Davekerr1848
Reviewed June 6, 2012

I give this hotel 4 stars (or circles) because for the price, it is fairly decent. Based on what I've seen, this is cleaner than many other similarly priced hotels in Rome.

The man that checked me in was the man with the mullet. In older reviews, I have read that he was rude. I didn't seem to think so. My wife and I went in there with a smile and respect and the favor was returned (though he didn't smile so much). Some people's temperaments are different, it's not that they are rude, it's just how they are. Culture shock perhaps?

The hotel has an elevator. It was small but it looked fairly new and safe. The room wasn't big. It was enough. The walls and ceiling looked newly painted. It was nicely decorated with a nice, big painting on the wall. The balcony looked right out onto the aqueduct ruins (I requested a room with a balcony and it was fulfilled. I'm very grateful!). The balcony had a small table and two chairs too :)

If there's anything people would complain about in this hotel, I will have to say it is probably regarding the shower. In my room, the shower was tiny. I'm a small guy, 5'8" and about 165 lbs and I just fit. I showered fine but I don't know about bigger people.

The breakfast was good. They had cereals, toast, nutella, eggs, bacon, cold cuts, cheeses, etc. The people who complain about the offerings clearly either 1) Paid way too much for the room to be shocked at what they are getting or 2) Have champagne taste with beer budget.

They had a computer available for guests to use though they didn't have a printer. We really needed the use of one due to my lack of planning. After running around at 10PM outside looking for an internet cafe, the receptionist finally allowed us to use their printer. It was against their policy but they let us. It wasn't their fault, it was mine.

The location of the hotel is accessible but it's not the most convenient. You can take a tram to get there or stop at Manzoni and walk approximately 4 blocks to the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for room with a balcony and a view :)
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank EricandNino
Reviewed May 25, 2012

The place isn't well cleaned. The staff isn't particularly friendly. The location kind of sucks, except it's somewhat close to the train station. Unrepaired water damage in the rooms, and a "double" bed is two single beds (each made up as a single bed) pushed together. And they come apart when you want to smuggle.

But I will give them credit for a fantastic triangular elevator. :)

If you get a really good deal on Expedia, and don't plan to do anything but sleep, and if you don't need to get amorous with your new sposo/sposa, then why not.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank VancouverCouple_2012
Reviewed May 18, 2012

The hotel is ok. It is adequate for a 3 stars hotel. The main issue is the noise. If you have problem to sleep, I don't recommend this hotel.
The breakfast is good, I loved the Italian bread and the cherry tomatoes with mozzarella!
Besides it is located a little far away from the main touristic points, there is a lot of options for public transportation.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 2, 2012

Was a bit disappointed with this place considering I paid quite a lot for what I thought would be a 4 star hotel. Unfortunately it is closer to 3 stars in my opinion. Road noise, being told "turning on the air conditioning was illegal in Rome in April", blocked drain in the shower flooding the bathroom, poor breakfast, uncomfortable beds. If you stay here I hope you get it at a cheaper price than we did!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the road.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple