“just a nice place to have pizza” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Maranega

Maranega
Ranked #1,414 of 12,044 Restaurants in Rome
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Bar scene, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Navona / Pantheon / Campo de’ Fiori
Istanbul, Turkey
“just a nice place to have pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

There was bazaar at the square. Streets were dirty and noisy. Staff was dealing with the decorations so service was very slow but they manage the service. Pizza was nice. You can have Italian type pizza there.

• Visited January 2013

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
“Elvis is The King”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

Looking for somewhere to eat on Christmas day and browsing the menus means being approached by pushy waiters. Not here the main man - Elvis - gave us space to decide. We both had a generous salad each and a nice drink for just over ?30 - sat in the sunshine. Very friendly, very sympatico. Try it. Henk

Las Vegas, Nevada
“Unbelievable Food and Atmosphere!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2012

My girlfriend and I were visitng from the United States and a cab driver recommended Campo de' Fiori in Rome. We happened upon Maranega and we were SO happy that we did. I'm addicted to gnocchi and I'd had it at several places on my trip. Almost ordered something else but decided to give it a go.. SOOOOOOOOOO glad I did. It was amazing! I only wish I had tried it earlier in my trip -- I would have been back every night. The "American Style: martinis were great and the owner of the restaurant stopped at our table and made sure we were all having a great time and that the food and service were great. Which it all was! Definitely would go back on my next trip to Rome!!!!

• Visited August 2012
Marlboro, New Jersey
“Excellent food, fantastic people-watching”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2012

I am often vary of sitting down for a meal right on a busy major square, as eateries in such locations often turn out overpriced and mediocre. Maranega on Campo dei Fiori pleasantly surprised me in that respect. I wanted to have a front-row seat for night-time people-watching, and in addition to fantastic opportunity to observe the life flowing around me, I got a pretty good meal too. Large portions, reasonably priced, good quality, efficient and friendly service. The cold cuts appetizer could be a meal in itself, and so could be my pasta bowl. The food tasted wonderful. Panna cotta for dessert was one of the best I had in Rome. I don't know how Maranega compares to the other dozen restaurants and bars on the piazza, but it was definitely a great choice for me.

Visited December 2012
“A Solid Lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012 via mobile

We were visiting the market and needed something to eat. We decided on this place after looking at others. We ordered pizzas and some red wine. Bruschcette as well. Service was great and food was good.

Been to Maranega? Share your experiences!