“Great location, but could be more comfortable”
Review of Clover Guestrooms

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Clover Guestrooms
Ranked #1,838 of 3,669 Rome B&B and Inns
Seattle
“Great location, but could be more comfortable”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

The location was convenient and we had a nice, large room with a balcony. The two shared bathrooms were good. Our bed (twins made into a double) was not very comfortable. Our other main issue was that the wifi was not working for our entire 4-night stay here, though when we arrived we were told it would be fixed the next day.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Prineville, Oregon, United States
Reviewed July 24, 2012

I stayed at Clover while touring Rome. I found it easy to walk to all of the sights. If you are not up for walking the Metro and bus stations are within a block. The rooms at Clover were lovely with great attention to detail. The kitchen was large and well laid out if you were up for cooking in. I was pleasantly surprised by how large and nice the bathrooms were. Everything was clean and neat with just the right furniture. The staff was amazingly helpful and the breakfast was divine.
I plan on staying again when I go back to Rome.

Room Tip: I liked the inside rooms that faced the courtyard best.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Santiago Metropolitan Region, Chile
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Everything was excellent! The management was very friendly (although I did not have any problems so I just talked to them at the time I did check in). The room neat, clean, tidy. So were the [shared!] baths. The location... marvelous! Just a block and a half from Roma Termini means you can get something to take you anywhere in town, and out of town, too (like the very convenient Leonardo Express to Fiumicino Airport); by the way, you may leave your luggage at Termini, too. I did not make any use of the kitchen and dining room as I ate always outside, but they seemed to be fine to me. Having wi-fi was welcome, too!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Umeå
Reviewed April 12, 2012

We stayed att The Clover guestroom during Easter. The place was clean, nice people staying there and welcoming staff. A big problem was the door to one of the bathrooms - the handle was broken so we could sometimes not lock the bathroomdoor. The bedroom was very cold and you will need ear-plugs to sleep well because of the noice from the traffic outside.

Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed November 22, 2011

I stayed here for a quick layover before flying back to the States. The decor, cleanliness and attention to detailed instructions made it super easy for a single middle-aged woman to find the place and get situated. There was a kitchen that looked very serviceable but I didn't have time to use it. The artwork and minimalist furniture was very pleasing but the standout for me was the bed! The mattress, down cover and pillows were the of best quality I have ever experienced in my travels around the world. It was torture getting out of bed in the morning. I truly wanted to stay in there for an entire day. Everyone was very friendly and helpful at The Beehive. This couple's focus on the environment and consciousness about responsible consumption is genuine and I felt very much at home. Highly recommended!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed November 1, 2011

Our recent stay at the Beehive's Clover apartment was exactly what we look for in a home-away-from-home while on vacation. Our room was large, well-furnished and very clean, with good ventilation and a window looking out towards the street. We made good use of the communal kitchen, cooking several of our evening meals on site. Clover has a good supply of kitchen tools at their disposal including a stove and kettle, small fridge and convection microwave for preparing meals. Nearby, we found the large indoor market (Mercato Esquillino), and a small Italian food store(Auguri) open late on Principe Amadeo which made eat in easy and inexpensive. There is also easy access to the metro, bank machines, and the train is a mere 5-minute walk up the road. As for proximity to the major sights, Clover is a little far, but for those who love to experience a city by walking through its neighborhoods, you couldn't ask for a better place. It is a comfortable 20 minutes to Fori Imperiali, where the Colosseum and Roman Forum are located.
Clover apartment is also equipped with WiFi, which made travel blogging a breeze, and let us research our travels as well as keep contact with home. Generally, we felt very at home staying in Clover and would definitely stay there for future visits to Rome. The only thing we would love to see next time is a few comfortable chairs in the common areas of the apartment. It would encourage socializing among everyone staying in the apartment(there are 3 separate rooms), which I found was lacking during my stay, since the most comfortable place to relax was in our room.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank skyisblu
Durham
Reviewed August 26, 2009

We stayed at Clover for a few days. This is a self-contained apartment in a residential block with 3 lockable bedrooms and a shared lobby, bathroom and kitchen. Plus points first: the shared areas are reasonably clean and the location right next to Termini station is brilliant for sightseeing. Our guidebooks warn against the station area after dark but we never had any trouble. There is a computer in the apartment with free internet access, but this was prehistorically slow.

The big negative is that the cleanliness of the bedrooms was not so great - on the second morning I found an enormous crusty toenail clipping in my bedding (definitely not one of mine or my friends'). The apartment was not air-conditioned; it was a big mistake to book a non-AC room in Rome in August, as the average daily temperature was in the mid-thirties and it was very hard to sleep. We had the window opened wide all night and the fan on, sleeping with no bed-covers, but it was still very hot so if you don't cope well in heat that's worth bearing in mind.

The only window in room 1 is small and close to the ceiling and one morning we woke up to find a neighbour watering plants on the roof with a clear view of us in our beds. (She waved!) A cleaner/housekeeper comes in between 11 and 1 every day to tidy up and clean up. However, we were not warned that other people also have the key to the apartment and walk in and out without warning. We (all female friends) had rented the whole apartment even though we didn't need all the beds so that we would have privacy but at 7.30 am on our last morning a strange man (with laundry) just opened the door and walked into the apartment without knocking, whilst I was just standing there in my shorts. I found this totally unacceptable - in a normal hotel housekeepers at least always knock before entering.

The reception desk ( a short 10 minute walk away) were pretty disorganised and were asking for some keys to be returned 24 hours after we had actually returned them. They also absolutely insist on being paid cash, which was enormously inconvenient to us as the first person to check in had to carry large quantities of euros - and Rome has problems with pickpockets. It's also a bit inconvenient to have to check in at a location a 10 minute walk away from the actual room.

Although the location was great and the per-bed cost is reasonable I certainly wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
2 Thank happy_riad_fan
LindaatTheBeehive, Manager at Clover Guestrooms, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
This review pertains to a stay that took place at Clover's former location. The new Clover has been at its present location since 2012. I responded to this review back in 2009 and a lot of the criticisms in this review are no longer valid with the present property. I will note that our laundry is all professionally done so have no idea how they could have found a toenail in their sheets which I'm assuming was simply one of their own.