“Great experience”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Prati
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Thanks to our host Luca for his recommendation. This was a lovely meal, home cooked, good value and a very warm welcome.
Especially recommend the deep fried anchovies, the homemade pasta and delicious waist busting puddings.
Well worth a visit for authentic home cooking with great flavours.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,453)

Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

That wax the best ?75 I have ever spent. . That food was superb. The best Italian food I have ever eaten. The owner wad great to chat to. The food that his father cooked was unbelievable. A tiny wee place with 15 tables but so so tasty. I will be back.. Get to this place its great.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

We went there for dinner tonight. I have to say that we got lucky as we got a table just by showing up...no reservation. If you want to go, I would strongly suggest that you make a reservation.

Let's say that the overall experience was fantastic. For the price (as the price are very cheap for the quality), this is the best restaurant I have been to (I came to Rome 3 times over the last 5-6 years).

You can try everything on the menu...everything looks good. On our side, we went with the recommendation of Daniele who brought us to "his world". We started with 3 antipasti (1 suppli, 1 bruschetta and 1 zuchinni flower). It was fabulous. We continued with the primi...where I had the Orecchiette Mari E Monti and my wife the Gnocchi with a "special sauce" (salsiccia, funghi champignon e radicchio in bianco)...wonderful. For the secondi, I had the Trippa alla Romana and she had the Spiedini di Pesce alla Griglia. I will be honest with you...I was not so sure about the trippa, but it was so nice...I will order some again the next time around.

As may have understood, we really enjoyed our experience. Su & Giu is a fantastic restaurant for romantic dinner (specially on the second floor)...or even family dinner (the first floor and the basement can easily handle a large family.

I will go back for sure the next time I come to Rome!

Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

Had our first meal here last night, what a good choice.
Food was amazing and the service was very good. Daniel explained the history of the restaurant and all the food really well. House wine is really good definately recommend. Go try you wont be disappointed.

1  Thank andrea b
Reviewed August 20, 2013

It a huge and tourist-filled city like Rome, we felt lucky to be recommended to this wonderful, family-run, and intimate restaurant. We ate here two of our four nights in Rome; it was that good and conveniently located to our hotel. We were made to feel like extra-specials guests at each meal and the food was absolutely delicious. The owners are passionate and committed to serving excellent food in a family environment. Just go here- you won't regret it! And ask Daniel for his explanation on how the limoncello is made. THIS is the Roma I came to visit and why I can't wait to return.