“Good hotel, but rooms are too noisy by design”

Sheraton Parco de' Medici Rome Hotel
Ranked #662 of 1,267 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed February 8, 2013

If you want to evaluate this hotel for its lobby or for the quality of breakfast, it is certainly fairly decent and of acceptable quality. Unfortunately for Sheraton people come to their hotels mainly to have quality sleeping time and this is not possible when rooms are designed as in this hotel.

Basically if you do not put carpet on the floor, but wood and your customers are of the business kind using business shoes and going to bed late and raising early you are most likely assured a noisy room and no sleep for most of the night. And a grumpy start of your day.

My advice: fix this and I could come back.

Room Tip: Top floor are probably less noisy
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Zia_Angelina
Direzione_Operativa, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Parco de' Medici Rome Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are devastated to learn that we have missed our opportunity to impress you whilst we had the chance to do so. Regarding your comments about the room, we would like to inform you that we have laid parquet in all our rooms also because is more hygienic than the carpet; if you like we can enter in our system your preference for an upper floor for your next stay. Thank you again and we hope to be able to welcome you back again to our premises.

0515/13/MF

There are newer reviews for Sheraton Parco de' Medici Rome Hotel

Reviewed February 6, 2013

I have been a few times now to the Sheraton Golf, the hotel is clean and nice and the staff quite friendly, the main issue is I always have to wait to check-in to check-out and on my recent stay I was also put on hold on 3 different occasions for room service!!
IF they fix this issue, it would actually be a very good airport hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Thank you very much for you kind review. We are very happy that you appreciated the beauty of our premises and enjoyed our services and offers. We hope to be able to welcome you back again so that we may be given the chance to surprise you once more.

0514/13/MF

Reviewed February 5, 2013

Superb staff and excellent facilities. Food was far too dependent on fish but at least, it was great fish and the staff in the restaurant area were pick of the bunch. The gym is small, the site not too navigable but ultimately, you find where you need to be.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Thank you very much for you kind review. We are very happy that you appreciated the beauty of our premises and enjoyed our services and offers. We are pleased to read that you were satisfied with your stay with us and with our staff. Regarding your comments about the gym, we would like to inform you that we have joined the important Starwood program “Sheraton Fitness” equipping the gym of SG1 (opened 24/7) with the latest Technogym equipment. We hope to be able to welcome you back again so that we may be given the chance to surprise you once more.

0513/13/MF

Reviewed January 29, 2013

It is very large (over 800 rooms) and its three buildings are so far apart you have to be driven from one to the other. When I checked in in building 1 I was told a shuttle would pick me up to take me to building 2 but after 10 minutes no one had arrived and I had to ask again twice.
When I got to my room I couldn't believe this was the Executive room I'd been upgraded to (small, cheaply furnished, looking out on the road): I checked with reception who confirmed it was and sent up the missing bathrobe - that didn't make the room any larger or better appointed though!
Inadequate soundproofing meant I was treated to the neighbours' bathroom noises starting at around 5 am, and the cleaners started banging around shortly after 7 am. Shame, as the bed was comfortable and I'd have enjoyed a lie-in.
The marble bathroom was aesthetically pleasing but the shower was a mere trickle.
I was there for a conference, and the facilities were good if nothing special - we had to hang up our own coats and pour our own coffee.
Staff were generally helpful and courteous apart from one major annoyance: at breakfast the waiter seated me at a large table, then when I came back from getting some juice I found two perfect strangers sitting at the same table. There were plenty of free tables so I found this very irritating, I'm all for making new friends but not at breakfast and without being asked if it was all right.
He had taken my order of an espresso, after a while a waitress came by and noticing I hadn't got a drink wanted to take my order, I told her her colleague had done it but after a while she came and enquired again and brought my espresso a minute later. She was a ray of sunshine, pity I didn't get her name to thank her here.
The breakfast food was average although there was a choice of pastries, bread, cereals, yogurt, fruit salad, cold cuts and overcooked scrambled eggs.
There is a fee for internet access everywhere in the hotel.
Their brochure advertises free shuttle into Rome or to the airport but in actual fact the hotel charges for that too, granted, a small amount (EUR4) but it's the principle I find annoying, why misleadingly advertise it as free? Perhaps the leaflets were printed back when they hoped they would be able to provide a free service but if this has changed they should bin the outdated leaflets.
A card in the room offers a free freshly brewed quality coffee or tea - you "only" pay a EUR7 delivery charge, which makes it the most expensive cup of tea ever! Instead of this attempt at grandeur they should just equip the rooms with a kettle and tea bags.
I'm a Starwood Preferred Guest and at no time was this acknowledged or was preferred guest treatment provided - not a problem per se as the staff were professional, but usually there is at least a SPG check-in and check-out that cuts out the waiting time.
So, overall adequate but fell short of my expectations.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the side of the pools and garden.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank brancusirocks

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are devastated to learn that we have missed our opportunity to impress you whilst we had the chance to do so. Regarding your comments about the room, we apologize for the inconvenience and we will work with our engineers to ensure that this inconvenience remains an isolated case. With reference to your comments about the kettle, we would like to inform you that fire regulations do not permit the use of any electrical appliances in the rooms. We hope to be able to welcome you back again so that we may be given another chance to make you change your opinion.

0511/13/MF

Reviewed December 28, 2012

Well, what do I say ...

The hotel is located outside of Rome, near the airport. It has 3 full equipped buildings, good outdoor pool(s), and good conference facilities. Great I think for conferences, as you can house a lot of people, and big enough space to walk around and mingle.

I was here for a company conference.

On the first night, arriving earlier, I had jet lag could not sleep and ordered room service. Food was good enough and arrived on time. Then I fell asleep over my food, and when I woke up, there was a little mice staring at me from my cheese platter. He looked at me with wide eyes - totally fearless.

I called the reception, and told them about this. Waited 30 mins, and then one man in uniform came up. He told me to wait and then walked away - for another 30 mins. All this while the mice continued to sit on the cheese platter - enjoying his meal, and then after - settling down to rest on the plate. I called the reception again, and asked them what do we do ?

Then another 30 mins later, two man in uniform came up with a bag, and gingerly came in, looked at the mice, and then topped the whole plate with the mice into the bag. I exchanged with the man in uniform that even though it was a mice, it still scared me as I am from the city, and not used to this. He then told me, he is also from the city, and he was also a little scared.
However, he added, that as this is the country-side, we can expect to see some "wild" life, and the occassional mice running around.

True to that, for the whole week of the conference, one does every now and then see a scurrying mice on the grounds.

The same night, 3 am, I got upgraded to a very nice suite.

Other than this incident, the food was good enough (dont expect Italian amazing), and staff were friendly enough.

On last day, went into town - took 45 mins in the evening, and taken for a spin by taxi - who demanded more money half way to town (or threatened that I can get out of taxi).

All in in - not a bad place for conference, and a weekend away.

Room Tip: Look for room facing the gardens and pool
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank yellowpanda
Direzione_Operativa, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Parco de' Medici Rome Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are devastated to learn that we have missed our opportunity to impress you whilst we had the chance to do so. We hope to be able to welcome you back again so that we may be given another chance to make you change your opinion.

Reviewed December 15, 2012

Location might not be that ideal. However the friendliness of the staff does make up for it. Kudos to Miss Lucia Garcia @ the restaurant. Her cheerful smile and warmth is something all diners needed in the cold wintery morning. Thank you for your hospitality, Lucia.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Bento M

Thank you very much for your kind review. We are very happy that you appreciated the beauty of our premises. We would like to thank you for your kind words regarding our staff. We hope to be able to welcome you back again so that we may be given the chance to surprise you once more.

Reviewed December 7, 2012

The Sheraton Golf is a large complex of 3 buildings, each one with its own entrance, parking, reception and services.
This time I am reviewing Building 2.
If you arrive by car, you have free outdoor parking.
The hotel is in a large modern building and there is a beautiful outdoor pool on the back.
I am SPG member and I had a room on the 4th floor which was signed as SPG level.
There were all the common 4 star amenities, plus bathrobe and disposable slippers.
In the minibar there was a complimentary bottle of still water.
Unfortunately the TV signal was not really stable; the TV was 32 inch flat with all common national and international channels.
The electronic safe was of a basic old type, with no display.
The bedroom was basic and not large but acceptable.
The room was quiet enough but unfortunately there was a connecting room.
There was no window to open but there was a fine view over the outdoor pool.
There was a desk against the window.
The bed was comfortable enough, although the pillows were extremely unsupportive.
It was december so I did not use air conditioning, however the grilles were not completely clean.
The less satisfying part of the room was the bathroom, which looked old and had a terrible looking floor.
There was a bidet and the in-tub shower had a fixed head and a plastic curtain.
Breakfast in the restaurant was sufficiently good and varied, with a large selection of pastries, cakes and yoghurts.
I would have appreciated a better selection of fruits instead of the fruit salad; however there still were pineapple and prunes.
Staff was well trained, professional and friendly at all levels.
This hotel is a typical business one and it is good for its purpose.
It is far from the city centre but it usually has competitive prices and the free parking is a big bonus for Rome.

Comparing with other buildings, as per what I have seen during my past visits: #1 had the best external environment, larger renovated room, pay outdoor parking; #3 was newer and had free covered outdoor parking.
My room in #2 was the poorest of the three and deserves a maximum of 3 stars, although there were some amenities typical of 4 stars.

If you need a good reliable business hotel with international standards on the south-west side of the Rome GRA, the Sheraton Golf is a good choice at an affordable price with a few differences among the three buildings.

Room Tip: Avoid connecting rooms; prefer building #3 (newer, covered parking) or #1 (renovated rooms)
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Alberto P
Direzione_Operativa, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Parco de' Medici Rome Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2012

Thank you very much for your kind review. We are very happy that you appreciated the beauty of our premises. We hope to be able to welcome you back again so that we may be given the chance to surprise you once more.