Villa Glori Hotel
$218
$179
CrownePlaza.com
  • Pool
Hotel Nord Nuova Roma(Rome)(Great Value!)
$186
$357
$336
Cancelon
  • Breakfast included
All reviewstram stoppiazza del popolonumber tramnice hotelsmall roomcentre of romecity breakthe staff was friendly and helpfulquiet areapublic transportationthe hotel staffbreakfast roomwould recommend this hotel to anyonearound the cornerlong weekendcity taxpastries
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 28, 2010

We had a real tough time locating this hotel. We reached Rome in an overnight train from Innsbruck. The train was late. So we missed out cab pick up. The nightmare started there. Noone from the assistance was ready to assist about the hotel location. Even the passerbys were not very helpful. The worst were the staff of the trams. They treated tourists as unwanted people and didnt even want to see eye to eye. Fortunately, we found some Indians who were staying in Rome for last 4-5 days, and they were a great help. It took us good 3 hours to locate the hotel.
The reception staff was averagely courteous. The hotel is not easy to locate as it is in interioirs. The walkways inside the hotel are very lean. The rooms are of average size, and staff also not so courteous.
Overall, we thought that we were wrong in choosing this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 6, 2010

Spent two nights in this "dorm" room that passes as a 4 star hotel, the first night after talking to 2 different desk people they finally decided to flip the switch at the front desk at 11 pm, and the ac would only run if the switch was in the right position, the second day we had no ac at all, I watched the bell man play the switch for an hour, before announcing no ac till tomorrow which the front desk claimed as well, we were welcome to leave the window open with all the lovely inter city noise. At 7:30am the next morning with little sleep the ac "magically" came on. Don't believe this hotel's claim of ac in the room

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 20, 2010

Just returned from 3 nights at this hotel.

Handy location not to far from main sights and fairly easy to find.

Hotel was in good condition with lovely rooms although single for daughter was single room and small.

Staff were friendly and helpful although we did have a 15 min wait to be served at the bar whilst staff dealt with a very difficult customer.

Dining room used for breakfast is rather cosy and would benefit from more space.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed May 7, 2010

The Villa Glori hotel is reasonably priced for Rome but my main reason for chosing this hotel was its proximity to the tennis tournament at Foro Italico, The neighborhood is very sleepy and quiet and lacks bars, restaurant and shops. I would not stay here if I was in Rome to do sightseeing.

The room was very small but clean and bathroom modern. However, the desk was too small, there was only one power outlet, the bed was rock hard and the AC did not work. Right outside my window was some kind of noisy ventliator so sleeping with the window open wasnt great.

The wifi is only 6 euros but the weak signal did not reach my room. Breakfast is included and is above Italian average (the Italians lack any form of breakfast culture anyway).

On the day of departure, I booked a car service to the airport through the reception. When I returned to the hotel at the agreed time, I was told the driver was late because of a football game. Now, no driver in Rome would not know about this match and its consequences on traffic so I was a bit upset. After waiting 20 min in vain, the receptionist then pointed out a taxi stand on a map and I made my way there. Unfortunately, she had not marked the taxi stand correctly on the map so it took me an extra 10 min to find it. I made my flight with a 2-3 minute margin after my new driver had pulled some spectacular stunts.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed March 29, 2010

We were two couples staying one night before moving on to Firenze. Clean rooms and very helpful and pleasant staff. It's true that the rooms are typically smaller than in the states but I have stayed in much smaller rooms and paid way more in New York City. We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple