“Wonderful food and very good service”
Review of L'Invincibile Ristorante Bar - CLOSED

L'Invincibile Ristorante Bar
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Monti
Description: Seasonal Cuisine, Home Made Food, Gluten Free Products.
Reviewed November 15, 2012

We had sunday lunch with my mother at this restaurant and I can't say anything else but excellent! A friendly and welcoming waitress took us to our table and made sure that we are comfortable throughout our stay. The menu is not too big as it seems they produce everything fresh. It was a nice surprise to get a glass of prosecco and a small aperitif to start. We ordered a wonderful composition of pumpkin, herbs, hazelnuts, ricotta and salad for starters with a wide selection of fresh baked bread (even chestnut one!). I had a plate of rabbit ravioli with delicious mushroom mousse which was absolutely lovely, very well worked out flavours. My mother had fried cod with endive and olives, didn't get to try it as she emptied the plate too fast! After the two courses we were absolutely full, could only just fit a basil yogurt which they serve before desserts.
The prices are very reasonable as, in my opinion, it is a very high quality restaurant. Have to mention that you can see how the chefs work in the kitchen! Good food, good service and good time spent there.

1  Thank Justina P

Reviewed October 28, 2012

In Rome you expect to eat well, but L'invincibile stands out as special. Between us we tried 10 dishes, all cooked perfectly and beautifully presented, and most of all highly individual. Gourmet food at a remarkable price.

1  Thank Robert M
Reviewed October 14, 2012

The restaurant is at Piazza GG Belli where the trams and buses stop. There is a taxi rank just close by the restaurant, so it is not a difficult place to locate. We arrived having booked via our hotel, but it was not recorded. However, being a weekday, they accommodated us with an outside table (better choice on a warm October night) with a view of the square and taxis. A complimentary glass of prosecco and an amuse bouche welcomed us after a walk around Trastevere (we were a tad early). There is a tasting menu, but there was a clause that meant that both of us had to have the same dishes, so we opted for the a la carte. The food was fine, with generous portions (my wife and I shared the secondi platti of fried cod on spinach), and we were definitely sated and happy at the end of the meal. Service was with a smile, and on the whole, a pleasant experience, around 70 Euros for two without wine. Certainly not the run of the mill restaurant serving the staple Roman pasta and pizzas.

1  Thank bboymsia
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I can only wish was a worse rating than terrible. Made reservation weeks in advance for 10. Service was very slow. Food OK, but then came the disaster. Seems there credit card machine would not work, and they would not accept it was there problem, not mine. Embarrased me in front of my guests. RUDE, obnoxious... I should not insult them the she person said... not many carry 600 Euro's with them. I told them to call the police.. which did not work out well for them... Seems police agreed with me. I offered them 400 Euros and take a record of my CC number to process tomorrow.. but no... what a [-]. IN 40 years of international travel, at many top places, I have never been treated such. I would not go back for free.

4  Thank Don M
ownerpalazzoduca, Proprietario at L'Invincibile Ristorante Bar, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2012

Usually we do not respond to reviews but unfortunately we feel absolutely compelled to do so. Unfortunately the Pos (credit card machine) locked on the evening due to a technical problem with Telecom and our care and was immediately notify to all customers and apologize for the serious disadvantage (although not depend on us.) We called the Police because the customer refused to pay for not having sufficient cash and did not want to go for an ATM. He proposed us to charge the rest of the amount on his credit card when the machine work but we can't do that. While we were on the phone with the police the customer proposed us to go to his hotel and take the other money, and so we did, despite the insults and inhospitalities that the client gave us.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

After reading the reviews on Tripadvisor I visited this restaurant in June together with some guests I had visiting from the UK. We were all very impressed. The staff are all very professional and helpful and the quality of the food was excellent. We went for the 8 course tasting menu, expecting extremely small portions. In fact the portions were not that small and we had difficulty getting through to the desert. All dishes were perfectly presented and cooked to perfection. The staff recommended a reasonably priced local white wine which was delicious. Considering the quantity and quality of all the dishes the prices are more than reasonable. My friends have already made me promise that I will take them back to this restaurant next time they are in Rome and I will certainly go there again in the very near future. Complimenti to the chef.

1  Thank Pamela J