“pretty fine dining at Trastevere” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of L'Invincibile Ristorante Bar - CLOSED

L'Invincibile Ristorante Bar
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Monti
Description: SEASONAL CUISINE, HOME MADE FOOD, GLUTEN FREE PRODUCTS.
malaysia
“pretty fine dining at Trastevere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

The restaurant is at Piazza GG Belli where the trams and buses stop. There is a taxi rank just close by the restaurant, so it is not a difficult place to locate. We arrived having booked via our hotel, but it was not recorded. However, being a weekday, they accommodated us with an outside table (better choice on a warm October night) with a view of the square and taxis. A complimentary glass of prosecco and an amuse bouche welcomed us after a walk around Trastevere (we were a tad early). There is a tasting menu, but there was a clause that meant that both of us had to have the same dishes, so we opted for the a la carte. The food was fine, with generous portions (my wife and I shared the secondi platti of fried cod on spinach), and we were definitely sated and happy at the end of the meal. Service was with a smile, and on the whole, a pleasant experience, around 70 Euros for two without wine. Certainly not the run of the mill restaurant serving the staple Roman pasta and pizzas.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank bboymsia

• Turkish first
Bland, MO
“do NOT go there”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

I can only wish was a worse rating than terrible. Made reservation weeks in advance for 10. Service was very slow. Food OK, but then came the disaster. Seems there credit card machine would not work, and they would not accept it was there problem, not mine. Embarrased me in front of my guests. RUDE, obnoxious... I should not insult them the she person said... not many carry 600 Euro's with them. I told them to call the police.. which did not work out well for them... Seems police agreed with me. I offered them 400 Euros and take a record of my CC number to process tomorrow.. but no... what a [-]. IN 40 years of international travel, at many top places, I have never been treated such. I would not go back for free.

• Visited September 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Don M
ownerpalazzoduca, Proprietario at L'Invincibile Ristorante Bar, responded to this review, September 22, 2012
Usually we do not respond to reviews but unfortunately we feel absolutely compelled to do so. Unfortunately the Pos (credit card machine) locked on the evening due to a technical problem with Telecom and our care and was immediately notify to all customers and apologize for the serious disadvantage (although not depend on us.) We called the Police because the customer refused to pay for not having sufficient cash and did not want to go for an ATM. He proposed us to charge the rest of the amount on his credit card when the machine work but we can't do that. While we were on the phone with the police the customer proposed us to go to his hotel and take the other money, and so we did, despite the insults and inhospitalities that the client gave us.
Rome, Italy
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Restaurant in Trastevere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

After reading the reviews on Tripadvisor I visited this restaurant in June together with some guests I had visiting from the UK. We were all very impressed. The staff are all very professional and helpful and the quality of the food was excellent. We went for the 8 course tasting menu, expecting extremely small portions. In fact the portions were not that small and we had difficulty getting through to the desert. All dishes were perfectly presented and cooked to perfection. The staff recommended a reasonably priced local white wine which was delicious. Considering the quantity and quality of all the dishes the prices are more than reasonable. My friends have already made me promise that I will take them back to this restaurant next time they are in Rome and I will certainly go there again in the very near future. Complimenti to the chef.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Pamela J
Moscow, Russia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Vegetarian menu and friendly waiters”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

I chose the restaurant on purpose to celebrate my birthday as it had a special vegetarian menu. The food was a good surprise for me - it was really delicious! The service as well was excellent. A good place to spend evening in a cosy atmosphere.

Launceston, Australia
“A Trastevere Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

As a frequent visitor to Rome this is a restaurant which can be strongly recommended.
A splendid menu which frequently changes together with wonderful service.
Rome can be difficult for the unwary regarding food.
L'Invincible Ristorante deserves a higher rating and should be high on the agenda when visiting Rome
Great food, value and service.
Donald B