“Avoid”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Navona / Pantheon / Campo de’ Fiori
Reviewed April 1, 2014

Terrible. Unfortunately hadn't read these reviews. Trying to forget this place...

Charged for flat water 4 euro.

Cheapest red glass was 8 euro and came out in a bowl sized glass. Normal sized drink servings at reasonable prices would be preferable.

Terrible 80s American pop rock.

Frozen pizza. Similar to buying a cheap frozen pizza from the supermarket, pouring oil on it and then microwaving. I feel sick thinking about it. I read later on the menu with the asterisk that it was frozen so I get what I deserve there.

3  Thank Gj20140

Reviewed January 12, 2014

Like other reviewers mentioned, we should have read the reviews ahead of time. A definite tourist trap. Here's how it all went down:

We came here at the end of October (2013) after walking around and trying, for ages, to locate a restaurant close to Piazza Navona. They happened to have a wide variety of fish on the menu which appealed to us, and from what we saw on people's plates, the food looked edible. In the end, the food was just that: edible - nothing special.

Finally, when we got the bill, we were floored! It was incredibly expensive, especially for what we had (wine, some fish, a pizza, and a few sides of vegetables). We had better meals than this elsewhere in Rome for literally half the price! Interestingly, they charged us for the bottled water that they brought to the table and opened without asking if we wanted it. Classy! (We took the bottle with us when we left since we paid for it!).

Overall, for the price and the way they conducted business, it was pretty insulting. In retrospect, it seemed like they were trying very hard to put on a front, and we should have been more aware of that and gone somewhere else. We all agreed afterwards that we certainly didn't feel "comfortable" while having our meal there. Regretfully, we should have also argued the price, but we were very tired and just wanted out of this place.

3  Thank citydwlr
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Should have read the reviews before we went to this horror show!
Ordered fish with vegetables ,but out comes the grilled platter of all things seafood. Similar to earlier reviews . We were two adults and two children under 12. When we questioned the waiter affirmed all was ok .Should have pushed harder , but not yet wise.
I started to get worried when a young American couple next to us ordered two glasses of house wine . Two glasses got poured , and the bottle was left on their table. They didn't touch the bottle . The con artist waiter then charges them for the whole bottle . The young guy was too nice to cause an argument .
Then was our turn , €325 for entree of muscles , a bottle of €28 red and the infamous grilled sea food platter. The sea food had all been frozen and was second rate rubbish .
The waiter is all very charming , but is a con artist . With two little children in a foreign country at night ,no place to have an argument .
Do your self a favour and avoid this place.

3  Thank Grant P
Reviewed December 13, 2013

Was in Rome with my parent this past week. We were tired and hungry and just decided to eat there. 2 days later received a fraud alert. They decided to go shopping with my card for over $2000. Luckily my card company stopped them, but still. AVOID at all cost, literally!!

4  Thank TrvlDrew
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Three of us went in as the waiter boasted 4 minutes for a pizza and we were on our excursion tour with the cruise ship. We asked if they do Pizza with bits of seafood and he said okay. A huge plate of grilled seafood came to our table after 20 minutes and we told him it's not what we ordered and asked the price immediately. He replied 30euro and we also made sure it was 30euro for everything although it sounded too good to be true. He came back in 5 minutes and said the chef made a mistake it was 50euro which we thought it was okay since we were eating already.

When the bill came it was 176euro consisting 50euro per person for the seafood ,one bottle of mineral water, a green salad and 16euro cover charge. We queried with the waiter that he had never mentioned the price of the seafood was 'per person' and he now pretended he did not understand English. I said I will call the police and he said 'please do' and was then busy with other things. At the end I left 100 euro on the counter and we walked out although he insisted to have the handwritten bill back for some reason....

I visited Italy numerous times since 1998 and this was the first bad experience I encountered. I hope the owner of the restaurant would have read this at some point. The rest of the waiters seemed to be okay and the food was good and the restaurant is in a convenient location. What a shame !

2  Thank Kitty180