“Not recommended”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Navona / Pantheon / Campo de’ Fiori
Reviewed April 20, 2013

We came there by occasion, looking for some cozy and authentic place for evening meal. There was only one table free ( at 7.30 PM ). Half an hour later there was a line of waiting people outside, some inside. No luck - constant-joking owner told them that there is no more food for tonight ! If I say that this place is marvellous and food is as simple as delicious ,so you will also visit here when travelling to Rome. But I will come to Alfredo again, and he doesn't take reservations by phone ( he is so busy with his role of "one-of-the-most-original-chefs-in-Rome" ) - so I will not stay outside and wait with no hope to step inside. So - Not recommended. I better go to this place myself.

There are newer reviews for Alfredo e Ada

Reviewed March 31, 2013

I had high expexctation for this restsurant , however when i arrive at the restaurant i was a bit spectical qbout their food because there is no menu outside the restaurant . Then i asked the owner what is the menu and he said he is the menu . When the food arrive . They were really good and tasty .simply yet very good and home made feel. If you are after home made roman food this is the restaurant .

1  Thank songfuny
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Wow, our first meal in Rome. Wanted to find for later dinner, but it was open for lunch so entered. Cannot speak Italian but we managed to find out it was 10 euros each for lunch. We were offered a couple choices and both went with the artichoke lasagna. It was excellent! Also got a plate of 4 cookies. Will return for dinner.

2  Thank babygame
Reviewed March 3, 2013

This place exceeded all expectations. It is small and cozy, with framed family photos on the walls and antique-looking furnitures. No printed menu is available, but a super-friendly and charismatic waiter tells you what can be ordered on that particular day. Everything is home-made and delicious. Try their home red wine. It was so good we were thinking of buying some to-go. We had lasagna, spaghetti carbonara, and beef for main course. Paid less than 50 euros, including wine. Wonderful atmosphere. We were the only tourists inside. And there were people queueing outside, patiently, mostly locals. I fell in love with this restaurant. Now I highly recommend it to everyone heading to Rome.

1  Thank OlgaGrigoreva
Reviewed March 3, 2013

We had lunch here and it was delightful. It has that old-fashioned charm and politeness and homeliness of a small restaurant. We were offered about 5 options (no menu or prices) and the food had a real home-cooked taste. I had food envy of my husband's lasagne with carciofo (artichoke) which was heavenly, very light with a lovely cheesy sauce. Including bread, water and a carafe of wine with the special biscuits to dip into the wine for pudding it cost us 23 Euros for both of us - excellent for central Rome!