“A Scoop of Heaven”

Cuisines: Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Trevi
Reviewed June 24, 2014

By far the best gelato that we had while in Rome!! The Service was outstanding and the recommendations were the best. My husband had ordered a scoop of raspberry and wasn't sure what to get for the second scoop. The owner recommended a scoop of lemon as that would be a good compliment to the raspberry. Well, was he ever right. We went out of our way on several occasions just to get to this little shop to have that lemon gelato again. It was so refreshing and tasty that it is hard to put into words. I would highly recommend this shop and can't wait to return.

valentino q, Proprietario at Gelateria Valentino, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2014

Thank you very much indeed and we really look forward to see you here again.valentino

There are newer reviews for Gelateria Valentino

Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

Amazing gelato, returned time and time again during our holiday! The chocolate gelato was the best we had in Rome, by far! Lots of flavours to pick from, really friendly staff, especially the owner :) would definitely recommend visiting.

Reviewed June 21, 2014

Ice cream will never taste the same after my trip to Rome in May 2014. Honestly, there's no better ice cream than gelato - it's fresher than its creamier counterparts but the taste is so fresh and real that you don't even miss the additional fat from cream. The lines were short and there were so many flavours to choose from!
I can recommend this gelateria to everyone, I only had better gelato near Vatican but lines in Valentino were shorter.

valentino q, Proprietario at Gelateria Valentino, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2014

Reviewed June 20, 2014

The best gelato I have ever had! Great service, prices and flavour! The customer service was very friendly and helpful. They had a large range of delicious flavours. White chocolate was yummy.

valentino q, Proprietario at Gelateria Valentino, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2014

Reviewed June 20, 2014

I went there two times even though it didn't impress the first time, just to give it a fair chance, and on both occasions I felt bullied by the staff and unimpressed by the product.
Normally getting a sample of gelato isn't that big a deal (especially considering how much the serving size varies between staff members, cup/cone, etc in the first place), and I never even request one unless I'm seriously unable to decide between two flavours or have major doubts about one but think I might really like it. On the first visit I asked for a sample and the lady handed me one as though she were doing me a huge favour, pointing out (for no apparent reason) "you get ONE"...which was a bit weird. I hadn't planned on asking for more, and bluntly informing your patrons out of the blue that customer satisfaction isn't your primary objective (since that is what sampling is designed to do) doesn't really inspire confidence. I don't expect multiple samples and I'm not arguing the policy, but I also don't expect to be treated like a freeloader for wanting a single taste test of something that varies dramatically between establishments.
On the second visit, both employees tried really hard to upsell me to a bigger cup with big, fake smiles that dissolved the second my money was handed over (it's not a healthy product, it's a dessert, and I really shouldn't have been getting ANY. So getting more wasn't really an valid option for me, which made their shameless efforts more unpleasant).
In any case, when I requested a sample of the white chocolate (my one, carefully-considered sample for the visit) they just started scooping it into a cup instead, saying heartily "you don't try, you eat!" as though I would think it was cute that they would bully me out of a sample if they couldn't force me to buy a bigger size (I honestly can't believe I'm still talking about samples). When I insisted, they finally gave me a taste test...which was good, because I thought it was pretty gross and went for something else. They seemed startled that I wanted a different flavour after trying that one, perhaps unable to believe that I could dislike it...or perhaps convinced that I was cheating them out of 5ml of product through my clever trickery of obtaining a sample of something I didn't eventually buy.
Again, I'm very happy to comply with whatever company policy they have, even if it's to never give samples at all; I care about decent, professional service, and I care that the product is good. Ultimately I bought gelato from there twice, and both times found the staff unfriendly, the flavours unexceptional, and the consistency to be very displeasing. It was like eating a blob of glue, or perhaps like the lowest-quality, mass-produced ice cream you can buy at the grocery store...McDonald's ice cream is much better, in my opinion. Also while I thought the "love it!" was a cute idea, I wasn't blown away by the flavour like other reviewers seem to be.

We thank you for your opinion.valentino